How do we beat Storm? 'Give it to Turbo' answers not accepted :)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
They might be missing Munster and Fox, or that might be mind games.

Main issues for mine are Dummy halves - Brandon Smith is good for many a short-range crash-over try, and Grant eats metres in the middle around tired defenders.

We had a good show last time but mistakes cost us.

What's the game-plan need to look like, and how do we prepare a massive upset week-1?

Theoretically it’s
Possession
Minimal errors
Enthusiasm/intensity
Forward rotation
Distribution of the ball to our edges off the back of strong go-forward and quick play the balls up the middle

With our squad that sums them up to a tee when they are on.

So basically if we are on from the get go and control possession

Storm will walk off the mark, be offside, hold us down. So only way to unsettle that is to move the ball, frustrate them with possession - and most importantly - confront them with energy and aggression (controlled aggression and ultimately, desire). Have Paseka/Keppie/Aloiai/Sipley run hard at the faces of the storms best forwards and confront them. Have jake and our back row running for the spaces inbetween defenders, getting to ground quick and making a quick play the ball. Everyone needs to be very aware of opportunities to offload to speedsters in support (trbo, saab, garrick, dce). Support play is very important in this one to make some clean breaks and to capitalise on every opportunity.

In defence just need desperation and a little bit of grunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempting to say we need to control the ball and play for field position but I think that's where the Storm are most comfortable. We need to make the Storm uncomfortable and that is best done by targeting their edges at every possible opportunity. If we do that, complete at 85%, work efficiently on kick/chase and tackle 1 and 2 defence, we will be in it up to our ear balls.

We don't have many other plays apart from "give it to Turbo".

Storm aren't unbeatable, FFS Parra rolled them. Frankly I prefer that we are playing them and not Penrith. We just need to play our best footy and hold the ball. Need that middle to be watertight though.

Doesn'tmatta did it, and it was no fluke. They out-enthused the Storm. We are a far better side than Doesn'tmatta, but I'm not fooling myself. Melbourne will compete for the full 80 minutes. They have great structure and as many game-breakers as us.
I just hope that the ref adjudicates fairly, and gives some leeway because it is a final not a regular match. My real fear is that the Bunker will create some controversy which will influence the result.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8