How many home-grown players have....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok Jeremy Smith that's at the sharks was the Jeremy smith who was at manly in 2002

I asked him on twitter
@jeremy_smith13: @Cambo96 yeah mate I was there for a year in 2002!!

So I was wrong about him on that point.

However he is not a home grown Melbourne player as he was from the gold coast then manly reserve grade in 2002. Doesnt matter where he played between 2003 and debuting with the storm he isn't a Victorian local junior

Anyone who thinks the Storm was setup to foster junior RL in Victoria is deluding themselves. No one including the NRL give a **** about junior RL in Victoria. The only reason that News wanted the franchise to continue there is to sell pay tv subscriptions and no other reason.It'll be the same reason for any future new teams or teams relocating. Thats why Perth will certainly get a team and probably a second Brisbane or Central QLD team due to the jobs and mining boom in those areas.

Not cynical just realist. It's how the NRL (News Ltd Rugby League) has operated since 1998. Recouping money from the SL war has been their overiding factor in all decisions. Fostering junior and country rugby league has been a complete non event from the NRL as illustrated by how poor both those areas of league are.

To be honest couldn't care less if they produce 1 or a million.
If they recruit well for the juniors they won't need to. And there starting to recruit for there 20s already. Picked up a guy from the Knights that is rated highly and another from QLD.

Cameron said:
Ok Jeremy Smith that's at the sharks was the Jeremy smith who was at manly in 2002

I asked him on twitter

However he is not a home grown Melbourne player as he was from the gold coast then manly reserve grade in 2002. Doesnt matter where he played between 2003 and debuting with the storm he isn't a Victorian local junior

Why didn't you believe me? I followed manly very closely in the beagles days, because we still existed in reserve grade. He looked like a great prospect back then but raw, destined for the forwards because of his size.

Shoe1 said:
Cameron said:

I asked him on twitter

Why didn't you believe me? I followed manly very closely in the beagles days, because we still existed in reserve grade. He looked like a great prospect back then but raw, destined for the forwards because of his size.
Sorry bud :( atleast I admitted I was wrong :)

eagles2win said:
If they recruit well for the juniors they won't need to. And there starting to recruit for there 20s already. Picked up a guy from the Knights that is rated highly and another from QLD.

Part of their charter must be to foster rugby league in their region. If they aren't doing this then, as I have said before, then they shouldn't exist.

Cool, glad you tweeted him. I was considering trawling through 2002 manly dailys to prove it!

The Who said:
eagles2win said:

Part of their charter must be to foster rugby league in their region. If they aren't doing this then, as I have said before, then they shouldn't exist.

Mick is right ALL to do with TV and nothing else matters, don't forget it's the "National" Rugby League

Mark, it's about as 'national' as the Yanks have a 'World Series' amongst themselves.
RL is only popular in two States, NZ and PNG. It would be better to relocate the Storm to PNG!

I don't care if league is national or not. I was quite happy when it was just a Sydney comp.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6