How many points deducted - what's your guess?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The NRL will be embarrassed (again) if it's the Eels holding up the trophy in October. They will need to deduct enough points to ensure that can't happen.

The NRL will be embarrassed (again) if it's the Eels holding up the trophy in October. They will need to deduct enough points to ensure that can't happen.
I think 10 will be the number, but even with this discount it leaves Doesn'tmatta with a chance of still making the finals. I'd like to see the deduction make it mathematically impossible for this to happen.

I'm honestly expecting 8 points which will be a disgrace

It should be all their points for 2016 with a need to shed players for 2017

One thing I don't get though is why people thinking everyone should automatically get two points for playing parra????

All other 15 teams are playing the same cheating team so if you win get the two, if you don't then take the loss

Points is one thing but I am interested to see the impact on the player roster.

As many have already stated the two teams who were forced to play for 0 points "bounced" back to win the competition relatively soon after their punishment....why? Well the players were lot overly impacted

If it's only 8 points that equals the two byes plus the four points from last year. Bull5hit right there.

My guess is 12 and back to zero and the NRL don't want to lose the fan base completely.

With a proviso that they get under the cap by June 30 or all points will be deducted.

They will offset this with a bigger fine than last time to justify it.

I'm honestly expecting 8 points which will be a disgrace

It should be all their points for 2016 with a need to shed players for 2017

One thing I don't get though is why people thinking everyone should automatically get two points for playing parra????

All other 15 teams are playing the same cheating team so if you win get the two, if you don't then take the loss

My thoughts on that are:

1) Playing Parra before the deduction, you are playing a cheating team with motivation to make finals / hoping there is no penalty etc

2) Playing Parra after the deduction, you potentially are playing an unmotivated cheating team or a team that rests their stars etc - which I think Arthur already eluded to

That really only applies if you wipe them out of the finals all together.

If it is a small deduction 4-10 points - then you may see an even grittier/hungrier parra team for the remainder of the season trying to give the NRL a big f you - well at least until a point that they may no longer be mathematically possible of making the finals.

Whatever happens, it creates an uneven competition - and there is no perfect solution that will satisfy everyone. Perhaps making all Parra games played and to be played void - but that would ruin the spectacle and product - which the NRL will not do.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Well done Greenborg.

Most pleasing is their stance on the execs:

Five officials - club chairman Steve Sharp, deputy chairman Tom Issa, director Peter Serrao, CEO John Boulous and Head of Football Daniel Anderson - have all been deregistered by the NRL and will leave the club.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. Well done Greenborg.

Most pleasing is their stance on the execs:

Five officials - club chairman Steve Sharp, deputy chairman Tom Issa, director Peter Serrao, CEO John Boulous and Head of Football Daniel Anderson - have all been deregistered by the NRL and will leave the club.
How is it 'well done'?

If the announcement was next round would Greenturd have increased the penalty to 14?

In 2015 Parra were fined 500k plus 4 points suspended. Do those 4 points remain suspended or are they now apportioned as part of today's penalty :wondering:

12 points is a disgrace as it still gives them a chance to make the semis

Dogs and storm will be filthy and should appeal the decision.

They will simply arrange for watmough to retire injured and whamo they are under the salary cap.

Weak as piss but expected from the NRL

Not good enough from the NRL. They should have been playing for 0 points this season and finish in last place. If the Eels do not finish in last place then the team that does will feel ripped off.

What a surprise - the NRL is still trying to keep everybody happy (or relatively so) and came out with an essentially piss-weak punishment that almost-maybe-nearly doesn't look like a piss-weak punishment. Todd Greenberg will never fail to live up to (more correctly, down to) my expectations.

12 points is a disgrace as it still gives them a chance to make the semis

Dogs and storm will be filthy and should appeal the decision.

They will simply arrange for watmough to retire injured and whamo they are under the salary cap.

I don't know if retiring Watmough would assist them with the salary cap relief.
This "retirement" would have to be approved by the NRL as to whether it was a genuine sudden catastrophic injury or a chronic injury, which we all know is the case.
If this approved by the NRL, there's nothing to stop a club signing up players like Thurston, Cronk etc with massive long term deals fully knowing that they won't see out the full term and then feigning a career ending injury like the one Watmough is claiming.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7