how often do you go to MWSE.com.au

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jjjb/james, have a good sob mate.  If you're only a fan in the good times, then you should go into the room with mirrors and have a good look at yourself. 

DSM5 link said:
jjjb/james, have a good sob mate.  If you're only a fan in the good times, then you should go into the room with mirrors and have a good look at yourself. 

That karma count not sitting well eh ?

DSM5 link said:

You dont need to be a member to be a fan or to even support the club. Paying your way in to every home game during the year puts more money into the club than being a member. Its just the member 'numbers' they want which i wont contribute to. They will still get my money when i pay at the gate each week.

DSM5 you may feel yourself full of self importance due to your posting in the stewart case, and to be honest it is good stuff. I have only been posting on this site since the MWSE closed its doors and your quantity over quality was evident to me from Day 1

I'm not having a cry, a sob, or a bitch, merely commenting on a topic which was raised. The opinion was mine, i can see you don't agree with it and that pleases me. I would be scared if i ever agreed with you, or even applauded you

There has been a post recently thanking you for your run down on the stewart case and you will see i have avoided it. The information was great, informative stuff but i could never be 2 faced enough to thank you when everything else i have read from you is poisen

Your lack of understanding is your hurdle not mine, I am what i am, you are what you are, what i dint understand is that if you are such the super dooper fan, a champion among members,a crusader that represents the majority,  why our paths have never crossed before

Mate, if you don't want to be a member of the club, then that's your problem.  Your reasons for not wanting to be are, in my view quite, spurious and infantile.  The reason being, that you weren't afforded some sort of 'customer service' or 'manly love' is plainly ridiculous.  Your rubbish about me getting some sort of 'status' thing, or a feeling of importance, re the Stewart case is pathetic.  Why bother posting if all you want is a big hug.  You can get that from any street corner.   

How many people used the MWSE forum?  Maybe 300 or so, and most of them can be catered for here?  Time to get over it champs, and it's not as though I'm in the pocket of the CEO.

Let's see what the club does with social media over the off season before we run for the cliffs.

DSM5 link said:
Mate, if you don't want to be a member of the club, then that's your problem.  Your reasons for not wanting to be are, in my view quite, spurious and infantile.  The reason being, that you weren't afforded some sort of 'customer service' or 'manly love' is plainly ridiculous.  Your rubbish about me getting some sort of 'status' thing, or a feeling of importance, re the Stewart case is pathetic.  Why bother posting if all you want is a big hug.  You can get that from any street corner.   

Bla bla bla, but the question being asked is how often do you visit the MWSE site mr super fan

**** the MWSE site,ill be a member this coming year but they have a **** site,Thanks Dan for making something so much better than the official site

Matabele link said:
How many people used the MWSE forum?  Maybe 300 or so, and most of them can be catered for here?  Time to get over it champs, and it's not as though I'm in the pocket of the CEO.

It sounds like most are over it but still bitter about the way it was done and subsequent lack of communication and direction.
As jbb has stated, the club thought about the repercussions (well you would have hoped they did) when they made their decision on how and when to close the forum and to be frank, these are precisely the the losses of membership that the club would have been anticipating, so what's the problem?

I've been on a cpl times to check the shop. Thats where they lost money from me.When the MWSE forum was running, and the little shop special pop-ups would come up, well, I have to say I was like one of those ppl who can't help but buy crap jewellery off late-night info commercials! The only one who is happy now is my wife who has finally handed back my visa card as it had to be confiscated for my own good. ;D

wombatgc link said:
I've been on a cpl times to check the shop. Thats where they lost money from me.When the MWSE forum was running, and the little shop special pop-ups would come up, well, I have to say I was like one of those ppl who can't help but buy crap jewellery off late-night info commercials! The only one who is happy now is my wife who has finally handed back my visa card as it had to be confiscated for my own good. ;D

LoL - don't worry mate - there are a few of us in those books :)

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185472.msg298001#msg298001 date=1285501179]
How many people used the MWSE forum?  Maybe 300 or so, and most of them can be catered for here?  Time to get over it champs, and it's not as though I'm in the pocket of the CEO.

It sounds like most are over it but still bitter about the way it was done and subsequent lack of communication and direction.
As jbb has stated, the club thought about the repercussions (well you would have hoped they did) when they made their decision on how and when to close the forum and to be frank, these are precisely the the losses of membership that the club would have been anticipating, so what's the problem?
[/quote]

They anticipated a loss of membership? Holy crap, beggars can't be choosers!

Moops link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185472.msg298013#msg298013 date=1285504824]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185472.msg298001#msg298001 date=1285501179]
How many people used the MWSE forum?  Maybe 300 or so, and most of them can be catered for here?  Time to get over it champs, and it's not as though I'm in the pocket of the CEO.

[/quote]

They anticipated a loss of membership? Holy crap, beggars can't be choosers!
[/quote]
Every action has a reaction. They have bitten part of the hand that feeds.  It will eventually heal but the scars are still relatively fresh.

In DSM5's view, the members who are no longer considering membership are in the wrong - sooks and infants, and the club should be able to treat it's paying customers in whichever way they see fit and the supporters should just keep turning up and forking out, no matter what.
I'd like to have a few DSM5's as customers, they just accept whatever **** is served to them.
No business can survive without paying customers, so you see DSM5, customer service holds far more weight then you give credit for.

I received my membership renewal in the post last week, my Bird of Prey membership ($135.00 this year and if you went to a function you had to pay $15.00 more) is just $100...and Football Club membership $10.00 instead of $25.00

So last year $175.00

This year $110.00

Maybe that's more important than a forum?

Although I do understand (and empathise) with the comments regarding those that received a less than satisfactory response to the closure of the forum over there...it was very badly handled in my opinion but I am sure that most people will (or already) have moved on.

I was a member of the forum community here, as well as MWSE....this was different, not better nor worse, just different.

The loss of the forum at MWSE was a very bad business mistake (on their part) but luckily those that like to keep up with what's happening have this site (with great thanks to Dan).

So in my opinion there's room for both, and a need to visit both (if far less for one than the other).

Guys dont get me wrong, I'm as passionate a fan as the next guy, but really what the club is striving for is to increase memberships, particularly ticketed memnbers... If they want to sell something (memberships) they should really be doing what they can to sell as many as possible. This would mean customer service... not saying they should reopen the forum on the site or do anything in particular but I think the value of a bit of friendly service cannot be underestimated... DSM5, you say you will be a member no matter what which is good for you... as WAMF said, wish all custmers were like you... but the sad fact is most people arent.... most people need a reason to part with their hard earned and it's clear from the comments on this site that the club has now lost memberships because of their administration performance.. this in my opinion (note its my opinion and im entitled to it) constitutes a failure from the club administration.

Matabele link said:
Let's see what the club does with social media over the off season before we run for the cliffs.
I agree this is the relevant issue here. There appears to be massive potential for using social media to the advantage of the club in a variety of ways, so if the club is working hard on this then well and good. If not, they would appear to have dropped the ball.

The lack of an official forum is neither here nor there imo, mainly because we have Silvertails.net. On the other hand, trying to grow membership, and a sense of community and connection among Manly fans, should be obvious goals for the club.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6