how often do you go to MWSE.com.au

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
JAMES (jbb).. will be a member ppl , i know his address i will just buy him a BOP memebership & get it mailed to him .. ;D see  problem solved ..  lol.. i get him on & my mate thats 2 more ppl ..

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
... and a sense of community and connection among Manly fans, should be obvious goals for the club.

Thats right... as a member of the club people should be able to feel as though thay are a valued part of the Sea Eagles community...

lol jjai. I don't think it's necessarily about the money, more about the principle blah blah blah. You know what I mean :)
Like Pontian said, he spends almost the equivalent of a BOP membership on coffee. At $4.00 a coffee, that's only 20 coffees! I have 15 a week normally. so not about the money, this is about peoples own right to make a statement come membership renewal time and others should take a deep breath and respect that.

jjai link said:
JAMES (jbb).. will be a member ppl , i know his address i will just buy him a BOP memebership & get it mailed to him .. ;D see  problem solved ..  lol.. i get him on & my mate thats 2 more ppl ..

John you cheeky bugger, With service like that you should apply for a job at the club.

im not joking mate, i`ll if i turn up at a game & your there  you jus buy me beer all afternoon.. ;).. lol..

its all good john , happy to purchase the beers, its not like im not going that way anyway. Dont do it in case i backflip, i dont want 2. But 2011 we should get to a game

There will be one (and maybe two) games at Suncorp this year...so

1) jjai.... you need to get to Bay 317 at Suncorp
2) james you need to buy him a beer or two at the nice litle bear just behind Bay 317.

It will be bay 317 when we are away team to Donkeys

And a much better bay when it's a home game (Double header).

NO I don't have any inside knowlegde on that

And as it will be a home game they will be selling memberships that night, so if James isn't a member by then we can twist is bloody arm!!

Seriously though I take WAMF's point, it's a protest more than anything...and I understand that I do....I just couldn't for the life of me consider buying another clubs membership in spite of them.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
There will be one (and maybe two) games at Suncorp this year...so

Well actually there are no more NRL games there this year, unless they have moved the GF and forgotten to tell everyone :)

WAMF link said:
[quote author=Moops link=topic=185472.msg298025#msg298025 date=1285538431]
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185472.msg298013#msg298013 date=1285504824]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185472.msg298001#msg298001 date=1285501179]
How many people used the MWSE forum?  Maybe 300 or so, and most of them can be catered for here?  Time to get over it champs, and it's not as though I'm in the pocket of the CEO.

It sounds like most are over it but still bitter about the way it was done and subsequent lack of communication and direction.
As jbb has stated, the club thought about the repercussions (well you would have hoped they did) when they made their decision on how and when to close the forum and to be frank, these are precisely the the losses of membership that the club would have been anticipating, so what's the problem?
[/quote]

They anticipated a loss of membership? Holy crap, beggars can't be choosers!
[/quote]
Every action has a reaction. They have bitten part of the hand that feeds.  It will eventually heal but the scars are still relatively fresh.

In DSM5's view, the members who are no longer considering membership are in the wrong - sooks and infants, and the club should be able to treat it's paying customers in whichever way they see fit and the supporters should just keep turning up and forking out, no matter what.
I'd like to have a few DSM5's as customers, they just accept whatever s**t is served to them.
No business can survive without paying customers, so you see DSM5, customer service holds far more weight then you give credit for.
[/quote]

That's exactly the point WAMF, they can treat us how they like & we should just cop it & fork over the money.

I don't know about you but I don't consider myself a customer, I'm a supporter. The club is there for my benefit so I'll just cop whatever that means. They don't need to beg for my support, I'm just thankful they're there.
If you are a supporter, which I assume you are, then the club is there for your benefit too. It's like family. Who cares how crap you treat each other, the bond will always be there.

OK OK I typed it quickly and didn't check.

BAR

But the Bundy Bear is bloody good as well (had too many of those at Rorters V Tits on Friday night, and still getting over it).

I would still urge everyone to get on over and have a look at the 2011 memberships, regardless of past issues, they are (I reckon) damned good value.

In particular for the many out of town members, the "Country Membership"  at $100 is excellent value.....as I have said earlier in this thread MUCH cheaper than last year....and FAR more inclusive.

2 Entries to Brookvale
1 Entry to an away game
1 Interstate function
Members kit etc etc

Do your sums,

2 x home games at $25.00 per ticket (so $50.00)
1 x away game at say $30.00
Function at $50.00

Plus the other stuff....GOOD VALUE

AND make sure you tick the box that says Football Club membership as we need as many members there as possible.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I would still urge everyone to get on over and have a look at the 2011 memberships, regardless of past issues, they are (I reckon) damned good value.

In particular for the many out of town members, the \"Country Membership\"  at $100 is excellent value.....as I have said earlier in this thread MUCH cheaper than last year....and FAR more inclusive.

2 Entries to Brookvale
1 Entry to an away game
1 Interstate function
Members kit etc etc

Do your sums,

2 x home games at $25.00 per ticket (so $50.00)
1 x away game at say $30.00
Function at $50.00

Plus the other stuff....GOOD VALUE

AND make sure you tick the box that says Football Club membership as we need as many members there as possible.
You almost sound like you're on the payroll  ;D
Where is the membership team? Why aren't they doing the selling and promoting and justifying?

DSM5 link said:
Bones, you are a complete tool.
Duff, Im with you on this issue.  I join the club not for the 'goodies' and not to support the management.  I couldn't care less who manages the club.  I'm only interested in going along and having that Cathartic experience of abusing the enemy, whoever that is, on any weekend in Winter.  And I would NEVER put money into another club just to get tickets.  That's just plain disloyal.  The club will survive whether Lowe or some other person is managing the show.  I'd suggest to all who say they are not taking up membership because of the absence of the the forum network should get over themselves and move on.     

I agree with bones - loyalty goes both ways.

Good customer service / relations will always get people back renewing memberships, wanting to be part of the team, but treat your customers like fodder & they wont.

It aint rocket science. 

Duff link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185472.msg298035#msg298035 date=1285542639]
[quote author=Moops link=topic=185472.msg298025#msg298025 date=1285538431]
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185472.msg298013#msg298013 date=1285504824]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185472.msg298001#msg298001 date=1285501179]
How many people used the MWSE forum?  Maybe 300 or so, and most of them can be catered for here?  Time to get over it champs, and it's not as though I'm in the pocket of the CEO.

It sounds like most are over it but still bitter about the way it was done and subsequent lack of communication and direction.
As jbb has stated, the club thought about the repercussions (well you would have hoped they did) when they made their decision on how and when to close the forum and to be frank, these are precisely the the losses of membership that the club would have been anticipating, so what's the problem?
[/quote]

They anticipated a loss of membership? Holy crap, beggars can't be choosers!
[/quote]
Every action has a reaction. They have bitten part of the hand that feeds.  It will eventually heal but the scars are still relatively fresh.

In DSM5's view, the members who are no longer considering membership are in the wrong - sooks and infants, and the club should be able to treat it's paying customers in whichever way they see fit and the supporters should just keep turning up and forking out, no matter what.
I'd like to have a few DSM5's as customers, they just accept whatever s**t is served to them.
No business can survive without paying customers, so you see DSM5, customer service holds far more weight then you give credit for.
[/quote]

That's exactly the point WAMF, they can treat us how they like & we should just cop it & fork over the money.

I don't know about you but I don't consider myself a customer, I'm a supporter. The club is there for my benefit so I'll just cop whatever that means. They don't need to beg for my support, I'm just thankful they're there.
If you are a supporter, which I assume you are, then the club is there for your benefit too. It's like family. Who cares how crap you treat each other, the bond will always be there.
[/quote]

LoL - they are in a competitive environment, in a business that turns over circa $10,000,000 per year (and SHOULD grow), have huge wages to pay, have constant taxes to be paid, with competitors chomping at the bit to steal fans / sponsors / merchandise sales away, and they don't have customers?

Who cares how much crap the club throw at you, you should always be there for the bond?

Jeez Duff, I certainly hope you don't ever want to run a business under that model and hope for it to survive.

Guess what, I see business owners every single day of my life, who hope and wish that their customers ARE supporters - you know why - the brand awareness, and positivity of the brand improves, and the customer base gets larger through great word of mouth.

Remember mate, not everyone is an avid long term fan like you. Young kids coming up these days are very fickle, and want something for something (again, unlike you and I).

This is the real world. If Lowe can't get the ship moving forward (and that means signings, sponsors, Brookvale, memberships etc), then someone needs to go.

It's not just the product,it's the customer service.Suppose you love Maccas,and especially love big macs,and want them every weekend for 26 weeks.What happens if the service person is taken out,it's automated,and they change the recipe of the big macs to something you don't like 1/2 way thru your 26 week binge?Do you eat the crappy big macs,just because they're big macs,or do you try a hungry jack's or a kfc for a change?Just an example,put you complain to these fast food giants about something,they listen.It's all about customer service!MWSE just don't seem to care about customer service,or want to listen.

Too much talk is of business, customers, products & service.

You guys are forgetting what it's all about.

Don't worry Ryan. Running a business is something I doubt I'll ever have to worry about, it's totally not in my nature.
If the kids are brought up right, they'll be Eagles fans. I'd been a fan for ten years before it ever occurred to me that I could've supported any team. By that stage it's too late. You're in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4