how often do you go to MWSE.com.au

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
it was once my home page. Ive deleted it . I have gone to the site twice since the forum closed. Once to check the terms and conditions of my membership , the other because i thought they may wake up to themselves.Huh. Still cant believe the arrogance of the people getting paid to help. Its there decision, im over it, but it has changed the way i support my team.Still love the footy side but feel no obligation or desire to support the club. As a supporter i am under the radar, my ego has been bruised

Cant ever see a reason to go back. News content is better here, all other info is available elsewhere,I used to like the feel of the place, friends, felt part of the club etc.

Now im just one of the 80 000 fans who were at the GF in 08 that they cant attract in the front door

Just maybe.............. its a reflection of there attitude rather than mine

What has happened to the at least 65000-70000 people that day who were wearing Manly colours. Where have they all gone? Of course many dont live in Sydney i.e me but geez.

i check it on tuesdays at 5pm to see the side named.. although even that gets boring with Dessie picking an unchanged team!

How hard is it to get a camera and film some exclusive interviews with players during the week.. one on one interviews.. or update injury news.. etc etc.

Site is so lame.

Interesting comments.  I'd be hoping that silvertails takes over completely.  I'd like to see a reporter from this site inside the sheds and getting more out there on just what's happening to the club and players in a non-hysterical way.  Then all good.

Not so much for me either anymore. Their news is out dated, or non existent. They provide minimal customer interaction. You hear Manly related news most other places, before it appears on their website two weeks later.

I just don't see the point.....but that's up to the marketing team to improve (whoever they are).

That's my biggest problem with our team at present. The business makes us customers feel as though we are a hindrance, only worthwhile when we are handing over money.

In a sporting organization, that is paramount to hurri-curri.

Their priorities are all out of whack. Massively.

The anger at what happened over there will take some time to subside, perhaps it will only subside when there's a new more "modern" management team in place. The site now really has very little MWSE input (by that I mean there's no one actually running the site as far as I know), just about all is coming from NRL..and if you look at the other clubs sites they are much the same.....I "think" I am right in saying that the Panthers are the only ones to have a club run forum left.

Regardless of what is said above it's still important to support the club through memberships and the purchase of merchandise....I don't at all want to sound like I am one of the insiders pushing this, I am not.....but I just remember the dark old days of the Beagles and I NEVER want to go there again and cutting them off completely is like cutting of your nose to despite your face.

The decision to cut off the forum was ridiculous, and no doubt they will suffer as a result....but depriving the club of valuable income just puts us in a worse financial predicament...and do any of you really want to see that happen??

I agree with you Ryan, out of wack...but all staying away in droves, not buying memberships, not buying merchandise is only going to have one affect on the club......and do we really want to see the death of the club we love??

Oh sure you'll then all be able to blame...the CEO,the Marketing team (if they have one) etc  etc......but what good is that if we are gone, replaced by the Central Coast Bears...won't that be fun!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I agree with you Ryan, out of wack...but all staying away in droves, not buying memberships, not buying merchandise is only going to have one affect on the club......and do we really want to see the death of the club we love??

Oh sure you'll then all be able to blame...the CEO,the Marketing team (if they have one) etc  etc......but what good is that if we are gone, replaced by the Central Coast Bears...won't that be fun!

Mate, I never said anything about withholding membership. Membership is about the team in my view, not management, or their decisions or ability.

Guys who have bled for us like G Stewart, Michael Robertson, etc etc etc....all of them....Des, Tooves, Singe etc deserve our monetary support.

That's just my opinion.

That being said, I have to make a choice in regards to which team I will be a member of, as Ice Hockey is quite expensive, and my missus would have my nuts on a plate if I was a member of both.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
how often do you go to MWSE.com.au ?
since they removed the forum do you still visit the site or do you just come here to catch up with any news

Im fairly sure i clicked on it by accident once recently.

As i am one who will not member up next year, i think its fair i offer what i think.The admin/owners made a decision that they were quite prepared to lose a certain amount of $$$/ memberships and they are quite prepared to dig into there very deep pockets to settle the difference

If it was admins decision they can answer to the owners with there jobs

If its the owners then they can pay the difference . I see no problems with any of that

If the owners pull out and manly need memberships to survive then the 3 of us ( my family) will be at the front of the line with $$$

Until then they can all sleep in the bed they have made

These days i support the TEAM

KaZa link said:
i check it on tuesdays at 5pm to see the side named.

Thanks KaZa. You just reminded me of the only other times that I had been to the official site besides for renewing my membership. I went there for the last few rounds to check the team lists on Tuesday afternoon too but only if nobody had posted them here.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=185472.msg297783#msg297783 date=1285394079]

Mate, I never said anything about withholding membership. Membership is about the team in my view, not management, or their decisions or ability.

Guys who have bled for us like G Stewart, Michael Robertson, etc etc etc....all of them....Des, Tooves, Singe etc deserve our monetary support.

That's just my opinion.

[/quote]

Not saying you said that mate...I was just trying to get the point across that I would hate to see what happened to the website (decision of the current management team) affect peoples decisions to continue to suppoort the club financially.

If we could just harness the financial support of those 60,000 that turned up for the "fair weather" 2008 Grand Final we'd have the best of everything at our club.

Sadly we have never made 10,000, and I'd suspect less next year as a result of on field performances and off field drama's.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=185472.msg297795#msg297795 date=1285394811]
[quote author=Mark from Brisbane link=topic=185472.msg297783#msg297783 date=1285394079]

Oh sure you'll then all be able to blame...the CEO,the Marketing team (if they have one) etc  etc......but what good is that if we are gone, replaced by the Central Coast Bears...won't that be fun!

That's just my opinion.

[/quote]

Not saying you said that mate...I was just trying to get the point across that I would hate to see what happened to the website (decision of the current management team) affect peoples decisions to continue to suppoort the club financially.

If we could just harness the financial support of those 60,000 that turned up for the "fair weather" 2008 Grand Final we'd have the best of everything at our club.

Sadly we have never made 10,000, and I'd suspect less next year as a result of on field performances and off field drama's.
[/quote]

Agree 100% there. My biggest issue, and I know people think I am like a dog at a bone with it, is that our current CEO doesn't appear to be doing squat about it, and is very re-active, rather than pro-active on all fronts.

It's also why I have always said that a people person, with fresh innovative ideas, who could sell dog turd to the queen should have been given the role, rather than someone who's sole ability is to mediate warring tribes.

Again, TOTALLY wrong priorities....and is the exact reason ex-footballers should not be making the decisions about a club that turns over circa 10 mill.

Ant80 link said:
Wouldn't mind knowing the flipside of this thread of how many people at the club actually check this site.

Wouldn't matter mate. In all honesty, I really don't think they care WHAT the fans think. I know it should be the opposite, I'm just saying it how it is.

I'm actually quite surprised that the club hasn't requested members to fill out a survey on what they think the club can do more, better, different, less off to improve customer satisfaction.

It's the best way to receive feedback, and the easiest way to determine how to improve the overall Manly experience.

Buuuut, whatever...they will do what they do in the end. I personally do not like that direction, but this isn't about me...the fan....what it IS about, I do not know.

I go there as much as I used too, not often

For those not renewing because the big bad men took a forum away, look into a membership for Kleenex

00006226-image.jpg

I visit several times a day. I love my club so much that I'm taking out two memberships in 2011. In fact I might visit the site now.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2