How pathetic is the rugby semi-final...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm more confused about how cooper got picked, he's terrible! Was **** in the super14 final, hopeless in the worldcup quarterfinal and atrocious in the semi final, over-rated

I watched it because there was no other gam on.
Slept through 80 percent of the game, one because you knew the result within the first 5 seconds, and second because it is such a boring game!.

I was completely enjoying the NRL test, despite the fact it was also a foregone conclusion.

The most disturbing thing is that the southern hemisphere teams are considered the more entertaining and flamboyant.

Geez the Northern hemisphere teams must be boring!

Ball-handling.... pathetic
Tackling.... they missed more than they got.

Still don't understand HUGE Aussie crowds at these games when it's so bad!

Meeha said:
eagles2win said:
How ordinary is Cooper. Deadset if Manly signed him wouldn't want a part with the club because of him Richie McCaw On the other hand sign him up immediatly

Cooper would be really well suited for league. He'd just have to learn to tackle properly

You mean well suited to Parramatta league team. He wouldn't need to tackle there as like the rest of the team they let worn out Hindmarsh do all the tackling

Who would I have? I'd have a couple of the South African huge men in the pack, and a few of the All Black's backs. Richie McG would be a great lock imo. The Aussies, all rubbish. Cooper? wouldn't touch him. Dumb game and I can't see why they play advantage. And what's the problem with a shoulder charge? Puff-ball.

The Australian team got well beaten by a team that can really play rugby properly; hence the abject boredom. The aussie team has been more like a rugby 7s team with some extra players and have been fun to watch at times. But they tried to be a bit more serious in this one and paid for it (as they can't ruck or scrummage like they are supposed to). They missed beale too; now there's a guy who could be great in league.

Rugby is like league years ago: it is suffering from increased professionalism, power training, and performance in defence (from league coaches). So now they have 15 players, usually about 1 metre back from the ruck, who can all tackle alot better than they used to. It's like wozzaball with 2 extra defenders, and they are all permanently off-side. no wonder it's boring as....

If they institute a 5 or 10mtrs back from the ruck rule, they'll be playing a version of league where the scrums still matter (ie. they will have made it to the late 1970s-80s).

Move this to General Discussion (the only suitable section in these forums for Rugby Union) or merge it with this thread? -->

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Rugby-Union-World-Cup-2011-NZ-Sept-Oct

I actually enjoyed the game

The kiwis were pretty awesome at how they dissected and shut down the australian team....although not sure it was a great spectacle!

Dagg is a freak, he would be a star in the NRL at fullback. Cory Jane would go well on the wing too

DSM5 said:
Who would I have? I'd have a couple of the South African huge men in the pack, and a few of the All Black's backs. Richie McG would be a great lock imo. The Aussies, all rubbish. Cooper? wouldn't touch him. Dumb game and I can't see why they play advantage. And what's the problem with a shoulder charge? Puff-ball.

It was embarrassing the way the Kiwis man-handled the Wallabies. No aggression whatsoever! FFS...hit them back

The Wallabies were in a pretty good attacking position in the first half, get a penalty and go for goal. Kiwis kick off, Wallabies screw it up, Kiwis get the penalty and kick the goal. Why didn't the Wallabies go for 7 points? I don't understand?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8