How to derail a club 101

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
We are seeing a masterclass in how to **** up a season via back office.

What is this 3 years in a row now?

Ffs have your spats and issues but can we save them for a time other than immediately before the finals.

I get that it is part of business, I know it well but I also know that timing is everything.
This is just poor business strategy.

This should have been a week of news of how well we stood up and we should have been in negative press lockdown and let the seige begin. It's great the "brawl" is out of the news but you don't swap negative headlines for more negative headlines.

I honestly thought the back office shot storm was behind us. There is still obviously a destabilising force somewhere and it needs to be found and eradicated

Have to agree Dan. If they want an out with the old and in with the new policy, why not wait till after the season is over? I think Zorba was a man on a thin rope and the comment to the reporter gave them the way to get rid of him. I am all for them making us a powerful, rich club, but there must be better ways and timing than this.

The media are overplaying this ****, he hasn't been sacked immediately, he will be let go at seasons end.

Look zorba may have asked for the discussions to be advanced and if so there may have been writing on the wall. As such to an extent he needs to wear some of the blame for forcing the clubs hand

Ceagle said:
The media are overplaying this s**t, he hasn't been sacked immediately, he will be let go at seasons end.

Sure but blind freddy could see how this would end up being treated in the media.

Coach Des Hasler is privately fuming over his close friend's sacking and the timing of the decision.

We certainly don't learn from past mistakes that's for sure.

So cc do you think we should be in the news for this crap this week?

CLIT COMMANDER said:
I don't see this as massive an issue as it's being made out to be here.

Absolutely, by the end of the week all the focus will be on the Cowboys game and when we win that, we will be in the background until Week 3.

The only way this will drag on is if Zorba keeps the fire burning via some media mates, but he loves Manly too much to put himself before the team, right?

If this derails our season, then we were obviously no chance.

• 👍
Reactions: Fro
Mate Peters going will be done and dusted by game time on Saturday, if not earlier. There are two objectors in the press; an old mate in Bob Fulton (and good on him for sticking up for a mate) and a sponsor who thinks he should be dictating terms to the club.

I'm sorry Zorba's going in this fashion, but will it impact on the way the team goes this Saturday and in the finals? Nup.

tookey said:
Coach Des Hasler is privately fuming over his close friend's sacking and the timing of the decision.

So says a journalist.

Agree with your comments Dan about crook timing, but we don't know the things that what went on behind the scenes that led to this decision, and so much of what has been written is just personal opinion.

Who brought the issue to its final conclusion? And why? Was this Zorba or David Perry?

If Zorba asked for the issues to be brought forward and finalised then he should have known the effect this bad publicity would have on the team and the media beatup. Likewise if it was David Perry. If either didn't then it shows very poor judgement.

Any competent media player would know you'd avoid this type of thing like the plague at such an important time.

So who shoved the issue forward and why? Does anybody here know for sure?

But what's happened has happened. Is it not more important for all Manly supporters to put the gripes aside for now and get behind the team and Des in the lead up to what will be a great finals series.

The situation should be examined in full after Manly win the GF - with all then held accountable for their actions.

I also mentioned that zorba asking for the discussion to be brought forward means he must also wear some of the blame.

However all parties as in any business should have acted in a way that was best for all

I'm puzzled by the strong feelings people have about this, he is only the media manager, not the coach or CEO. If the team is destabilized by this then they are too fragile to win the gf anyway. He hasnt been banished from the club for life, he has merely been told that his services as media manager are no longer needed.

Hopefully the players want to send Zorba out a winner after 40 years service. Could be added motivation. Thats what I hope anyway.

voicefromthehill said:
I'm puzzled by the strong feelings people have about this, he is only the media manager, not the coach or CEO. If the team is destabilized by this then they are too fragile to win the gf anyway. He hasnt been banished from the club for life, he has merely been told that his services as media manager are no longer needed.

True, we have told Rodney to look elsewhere and other players. That gets little reaction.

voicefromthehill said:

Exactly. They're professionals ffs, not little school girls who's pet guinea pig has just died.

If they're mentally weak enough for this to derail their season, how would they cope with Grand Final week?

Mountain out of a mole hill.

If we're derailed by media headlines, then we're simply not focused.

Following adversity we become less focused or we become more focused.

Adversity is a trigger, but our thinking determines the direction.

Tia a very tight knit and small circle at the club. I suspect this will be a source of angst amongst players, coach and staff.

They will get over it but it's poor form at this stage of the seaon.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8