How we will win the comp in 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
If turbo fires, can run, and has an injury free season, we could do a top 6 finish

unfortunately our style of footy that doesnt worry top teams will have us fizz out. Our style of footy has a lot to do with our poor results against top 8 and top 4 teams. They can raleigh for the odd win but consistently dont handle the Grind at all well. Even in 21 we came to a screaming halt once the footy changed from bazball to finals

we have got another established half. Can brooks hand us the grind mentality, and patience All the talk is its dce ‘s team-and brooks back up. That probably says no

but if brooks was to steer a healthy turbo around for most of the season and dce does his thing………then maybe we could get closer.

but have to find the magic turbo dust and the grind mentality.

We have so much attack, but we just bowl too many bumpers and ignore line and length

Hope the club leave a spot in the 30 open. There will be blokes on the market before July that will add to our team. And you don't know what ya need in November.

What Brooks can bring that has lacked for years is a running 5/8 to add to the attack.
Manly haven't had a settled 5/8 for some time, and they have been either reserve grade level, or mainly ball players.
Manly don't lack speed out wide but are often nullified as teams adequately cover the 2nd row/centre/fullback/wing combination.
With a fast 5/8 who can take a gap, could result in defences needing to now ensure they adequately mark up on the 5/8 also rather than sliding quicker to nullify manlys speed, perhaps now giving the fast outside backs more space to use their speed.

BOZO, time to chime in here and remind evsryone how speed yada yada yada...

Sounds like a dream I had recently. Manly win the 24 premiership :--).

Brooks gets likened to Cliffy in 87. But in truth we have a new Fab 4 that transforms our team with with their added speed and zip across the park.

Who were this Fab 4 you ask? Brooks, Paulo, GCKT. But the last one was a backrower, who looked a bit like a young Michael Chee Kam wasn't the shoe.

Still 2 spots in the 30 to fill, bring on 2024 and go Manly.

For starters, I think as a collective (ownership, management, coaching staff, players and fans) we need to be realists. No more bull**** like we are a premiership team in a premiership window crap.

Let's say it for what it is. We are a 10th-12th placed team, who struggles to beat top 8 sides, rarely beats top 4 sides, with an unbalanced, top heavy roster that lacks mobility, intensity, fitness and we are very injury prone.

We've lost our tribal identity, and honestly, the culture is pretty mediocre (anything is acceptable).

Let's own that, then we can at least face the truth of how much work needs to be done to turn this ship around, and boy, a LOT of work needs to be done.

If we can win 50% of our games (something we haven't done in years), we should call that a par. I'd love to see a much stronger Brookvale Oval performance.

I see people are claiming we'll be top 4. Tell you what, I'd be over the MOON if that happened, but I don't see where the improvement is coming from, possibly by less injuries.

Problem is, we are already starting the season without Lodge, Croker and Koula through injury or suspension (Garrick will be racing the clock, same as Aloiai). I believe Paseka may be okay - but he's very bandaged up at present.

Summary: Be realists, own our short comings, improve a little - and I'm happy.

Stay fit and turn up with an attitude and compete every game and hope for a "Top 8" spot.
From there reset and play hard, resilient tough footy, especially defensively with a big kick/chase the key and there is enough X factor in attack to score a few tries.....keeping the the opposition out and winning competitive field position every week without 100 errors could well be the problem AGAIN.

For starters, I think as a collective (ownership, management, coaching staff, players and fans) we need to be realists. No more bull**** like we are a premiership team in a premiership window crap.

Let's say it for what it is. We are a 10th-12th placed team, who struggles to beat top 8 sides, rarely beats top 4 sides, with an unbalanced, top heavy roster that lacks mobility, intensity, fitness and we are very injury prone.

We've lost our tribal identity, and honestly, the culture is pretty mediocre (anything is acceptable).

Let's own that, then we can at least face the truth of how much work needs to be done to turn this ship around, and boy, a LOT of work needs to be done.

If we can win 50% of our games (something we haven't done in years), we should call that a par. I'd love to see a much stronger Brookvale Oval performance.

I see people are claiming we'll be top 4. Tell you what, I'd be over the MOON if that happened, but I don't see where the improvement is coming from, possibly by less injuries.

Problem is, we are already starting the season without Lodge, Croker and Koula through injury or suspension (Garrick will be racing the clock, same as Aloiai). I believe Paseka may be okay - but he's very bandaged up at present.

Summary: Be realists, own our short comings, improve a little - and I'm happy.
Hey Ryan, didn't know you were privy to the injury status of the ones you mentioned who might not be available come rd1 LV game. Paseka and Aloiai doing sprints and saw Garrick running and passing in backline plays. What's the go with Croker ?, and Koula is still a chance to play, when he pleads his case..

Heres' what gives us our hope:

1 Both Tom and DCE play 20+ matches including being available for all/any finals matches.

2 Serious injury avoids Jake, Haumole, Brooks, Garrick,Koula and Paeseka.

3 We win at least 7 of our 10 home games (excludes both Vegas and Brisbane stupidity).

4 We stop the 6 agains and penalties.

USE OUR SPEEDSTERS OUT WIDE. Play expansive football like the last few games this season. Providing we get a bit of go forward for 2 or 3 rucks spread the ball. Our defence was really solid in some of the games but it needs to be solid for 90% of games at least. Most preimships are won on defence.

Turbo must be fit for us to win the comp.

Also teams who can field the same side regularly and don't have to many injuries and have depth are the teams the go close to winning comps. It looks like we have a fair bit of depth and if the depth players come on and make an impact and fill the void like they do at the panfers then we'll go close.

Having said that I believe we could finish in the top 4 in the regular season and it's up for grabs in the finals.

IMO the 2024 squad is better than 2023. Brooks is a great signing for us and I can't help but be optimistic about 2024. Another factor is the emergence of Koula. There is definitely a lot of sense in alternating Turbo and Koula and it undermines other team's plans to shut Tom down which they did quite well last year. By optimistic I mean that I'm expecting us to make the top 8. I hope that Brooks develops a good combination with the talent around him. Additionally Brooks will take the pressure off Schuster who hopefully will come to terms with being a ball playing backrower rather than a half. Fingers crossed.

IMO the 2024 squad is better than 2023. Brooks is a great signing for us and I can't help but be optimistic about 2024. Another factor is the emergence of Koula. There is definitely a lot of sense in alternating Turbo and Koula and it undermines other team's plans to shut Tom down which they did quite well last year. By optimistic I mean that I'm expecting us to make the top 8. I hope that Brooks develops a good combination with the talent around him. Additionally Brooks will take the pressure off Schuster who hopefully will come to terms with being a ball playing backrower rather than a half. Fingers crossed.
Brooks will be a disaster with us in the same way he was for the TigPies. I would love him to prove me wrong, but I just don't see it. Overall, our squad is no better, no worse, than last season and we will finish about the same as we did last year.

Ran into Adam Reynolds at Post Malone concert last night. Kneecapping him would help us, but I decided it would help every club equally so I put the iron bar down.

Brooks will be a disaster with us in the same way he was for the TigPies. I would love him to prove me wrong, but I just don't see it. Overall, our squad is no better, no worse, than last season and we will finish about the same as we did last year.
Brooks would have to be pretty bad to be a worse 6 than Schu was for us this year lol

Overall, most of our players are improving with experience - Saab, Ben T, Bullemor, Koula, Ola'akautu

Lodge, when fit, is surely a better middle than Keppie.

You would have to say a slightly more balanced and experienced roster than that of 2023. We could very well finish the same but that would reflect on our coaching department (or horrible luck injury-wise with key personnel)

Brooks would have to be pretty bad to be a worse 6 than Schu was for us this year lol

Overall, most of our players are improving with experience - Saab, Ben T, Bullemor, Koula, Ola'akautu

Lodge, when fit, is surely a better middle than Keppie.

You would have to say a slightly more balanced and experienced roster than that of 2023. We could very well finish the same but that would reflect on our coaching department (or horrible luck injury-wise with key personnel)
Brooks will at the very least provide some continuity and consistency in the halves. Schu had a few great games at 5/8 last year but he was rocks and diamonds.

One of last seasons biggest issues was the constant rotation between Schu, Johns and Arthur, limiting the players ability to find a rhythm. If we keep our spine the same all year I think we'll see dramatic improvement.

Edit: The Tom, Garrick, Koula rotation affected the team in a similar way and if we get consistency at 1 and 6 we will be much better off.

How we will win the comp in 2024 ??​

16 other teams all get done for salary cap breaches. Otherwise we are dog sh*t bottom 4.
I take issue with this - I reckon we are about 12 + or - 2 If we keep the salary cap hogs on the field we may sneak into the top 8.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11