Huuuuge 2nd ROW depth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Successful coaches select players on performance and not on potential and this is why I don't think he will be selected ahead of the others

Chances are he probably won't get selected, but from all reports he impressed a lot of people (including Toovey) during pre-season training. I doubt one quiet trial would see him undo all the hard work up to this point...I think he is still in the mix, which is what this thread is really about; we have depth and lots of it.

Interesting that not a lot of people see Luke Burgess in the 17? I would have thought he would be a strong option as the second bench prop?

Tyson Andrews was impressive. I didn't realise he was indigenous. He is a front rower though.
Jesse is a must somewhere in the 17 as he is so enthusiastic. Can't wait for the season to start and our second rowers pitting themselves against that bloke from Doesn'tmatta.

Tyson is enthusiastic and keen. I like that in a player.
On the topic of race, it's better to be Black Pride than White Pride, that's what we're being educated anyway. Nobody's proud to be White anymore.
Even if they don't look remotely Black.

Interesting that not a lot of people see Luke Burgess in the 17? I would have thought he would be a strong option as the second bench prop?
In the trials every player has the opportunity to play themselves into the 17 .

Tyson is enthusiastic and keen. I like that in a player.

On the topic of race, it's better to be Black Pride than White Pride, that's what we're being educated anyway. Nobody's proud to be White anymore.

Even if they don't look remotely Black.
Some still are Ramrod...

01_00658606.jpg

Some still are Ramrod...

01_00658606.jpg

That's the thing. As soon as you're proud to be White, you are tagged as a Klukka or a Nazi.
How many supposedly "Indigenous" folks are properly black? Not actually brown or even white? They should do a percentage test before they can make claims?

That's the thing. As soon as you're proud to be White, you are tagged as a Klukka or a Nazi.
How many supposedly "Indigenous" folks are properly black? Not actually brown or even white? They should do a percentage test before they can make claims?
It's dangerous territory - Tyson's recent interview made it clear that he remembers his grandfather being refused entry or reluctant to enter shops on account of his aboriginality. Even though Tyson looks white, his family experience would mean that he identifies with aboriginal people, and it' s not up to us to question that.

Ah mate, you are obviously not aware of how rugby league works (see the world cup squads of Italy, Ireland, etc...)

A lot have him in their 17 in other threads, this thread was primarily focused on the backrow.

In terms of the back row - Pretty sure Lui will start at lock given Buhrer is unlikely to play round 1. Given how good he was there last year I think he may well finish at lock in October.

Surprised he isn't getting more of a mention.

Substiture him for either JSL or T red when he needs a breather.

Horo and Mateo will start with Lui with T red and JSL on the bench. That is my expected backline and TBH a pretty decent one.

- Pretty sure Lui will start at lock given Buhrer is unlikely to play round 1. Given how good he was there last year I think he may well finish at lock in October.

This. Lui was one of our best last year and the handful of games he played at lock were among his best efforts. Not sure he'll squeeze a fully fit Ferris out of the number 13 but he's in my top 17 for sure.

I think a fully fit Ferris will play alongside a fully fit Lui. Lui to play a more central lock/extra prop especially in defence, Ferris & Mateo to play the ball handling wider back rowers

'Properly' black???
Digging a little hole for yourself there...
(about the size of the Megalong Valley)

Yes, maybe I lacked the correct adjective there.
Just trying to distinguish "real indigenous" from the ones like the blond haired, blue eyed Michael Mansell who calls himself aboriginal. Where do people draw the line? If you one eight-black and seven-eight white, can you still call yourself black?
I better stop here as you have said, I could be digging myself a massive hole as it's kinda scary territory now. Can't say anything without being persecuted, even if it has nothing to do with racism.
-

There are actual qualifiers for different areas (governement, schools etc) for definition of aboriginal heritage.

If you are that interested in it, google it.

I recall reading 1/8th for the NRL all stars but don't take that as gospel.

I think a fully fit Ferris will play alongside a fully fit Lui. Lui to play a more central lock/extra prop especially in defence, Ferris & Mateo to play the ball handling wider back rowers

Thankyou

it is a tiny issue but it annoys me when people say things like mateo should play lock and buhrer backrow or Lui played better when he moved from secondrow to lock or prop to lock

Fact is, in this day and age you have 2 edge forwards and 1 middle forward in the backrow. It doesnt matter if Buhrer is 11, 12 or 13, he will play on the right edge likewise Lui will always be the midfle forward whatever his number

A lot have him in their 17 in other threads, this thread was primarily focused on the backrow.

In terms of the back row - Pretty sure Lui will start at lock given Buhrer is unlikely to play round 1. Given how good he was there last year I think he may well finish at lock in October.

Horo and Mateo will start with Lui with T red and JSL on the bench. That is my expected backline and TBH a pretty decent one.

NoOOooooOoo ! What's happened to Buhrer? Need him.....need him big time. Love Buhrer as a player.

NoOOooooOoo ! What's happened to Buhrer? Need him.....need him big time. Love Buhrer as a player.

I spoke to Jamie B last week, he will be back round 3 or 4 at worst, would love to have played round 1 but he said the medical gurus want six months and that's apparently round 4.

Yes, maybe I lacked the correct adjective there.

Just trying to distinguish "real indigenous" from the ones like the blond haired, blue eyed Michael Mansell who calls himself aboriginal. Where do people draw the line? If you one eight-black and seven-eight white, can you still call yourself black?

I better stop here as you have said, I could be digging myself a massive hole as it's kinda scary territory now. Can't say anything without being persecuted, even if it has nothing to do with racism.

Can't say I sympathise, but you're right that it's so much harder to discriminate nowadays when you can't even be sure who's black.

Fair point, I got a little off topic there.

Back on topic - I agree regarding Lui. Expecting a big year from him. Was far better when used as a lock instead of a prop.

Going to be really interesting to see who gets the nod in round 1.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4