Hypothetical Re Hasler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

would Hasler be welcomed back at Manly

• Total voters
Volley said:
Anyone writing off Hasler's coaching ability after 6 games is delusional.

I don't think anyone is saying Hasler is a bad coach, quite the opposite actually, he is a great coach. However i do think the squad that Des has at the Dogs is not going to get him a premiership. The Dogs were incredibly lucky last year, every ball bounced their way, any injuries they got they were able to buy new players to replace them. This year the luck has run dry and the obvious need for a quality halfback is starting to show. There is a reason Des wanted Foran so badly.

manlyfan76 said:
If any or all the player rumours are true in ****own ( belmore) and the place implodes it will only buy DES time and make him seem like the good guy and a good coach when they open the cheque book and buy the 2014 team.

They have spent big this year. They paid 600 grand for she Rex because Des wanted him. She Rex may end up like Willie Mason, two big years and then never got that form back. No matter what club or coach he was under.
We paid about 60k for Tom Symon's and he is playing the house down.
The dog fans will turn on Des fast. You watch. Des will be under the pump if they don't make the top 4 this year.

torana355 said:
Volley said:

I don't think anyone is saying Hasler is a bad coach, quite the opposite actually, he is a great coach. However i do think the squad that Des has at the Dogs is not going to get him a premiership. The Dogs were incredibly lucky last year, every ball bounced their way, any injuries they got they were able to buy new players to replace them. This year the luck has run dry and the obvious need for a quality halfback is starting to show. There is a reason Des wanted Foran so badly.

agree... the ball bounced their way most games - more arse than class.
played the better teams during the origin period , had many plays go their way with decoys ( tigers decoy got them the minor ).
did not have many representative duties or major injuries...
time has changed !!!

hasler may be a good coach , but you can only row as good as your oars !!

belamy/bennett a class above imo

lovefooty said:
manlyfan76 said:
If any or all the player rumours are true in ****own ( belmore) and the place implodes it will only buy DES time and make him seem like the good guy and a good coach when they open the cheque book and buy the 2014 team.

They have spent big this year. They paid 600 grand for she Rex because Des wanted him. She Rex may end up like Willie Mason, two big years and then never got that form back. No matter what club or coach he was under.
The dog fans will turn on Des fast. You watch. Des will be under the pump if they don't make the top 4 this year.

Umn you have seen big Willie play since he returned to the nrl right?

Back to his devastating best.

lovefooty said:
manlyfan76 said:

600 out of the salary cap is a lot, but if several players leave, especially the ones rumoured then the cheque book will be out and DES can be the saviour to them not the destroyer. That scenario would buy him time at the club.

panash said:
torana355 said:
Volley said:

agree... the ball bounced their way most games - more arse than class.
played the better teams during the origin period , had many plays go their way with decoys ( tigers decoy got them the minor ).
did not have many representative duties or major injuries...
time has changed !!!

hasler may be a good coach , but you can only row as good as your oars !!

belamy/bennett a class above imo
Wouldn't never want Bellamy or Bennett at our club
I don't know why people describe Bellamy a a class coach

eagles2win said:
lovefooty said:
manlyfan76 said:

Umn you have seen big Willie play since he returned to the nrl right?

Back to his devastating best.

Really, I have seen him and while he is better I don't think he is anywhere near what he was years ago when he was at the dogs.

We smashed him a few weeks ago.

My comments are more around she Rex. Manly and 2v got smashed last year by the drunk Throthfield as he said we were not playing him right.
Well he is still not right under Des but the drunk is saying nothing.

He's definately not the same hasler that we're use to seing.Gone are those days where you could see him on the tele waving arms frantically,swearing,kicking doors down in dressing rooms.

The guy bleeds manly, it's obvious he misses the joint i'd take him back.

Not while Toovs is still head coach. But if we were ever back to the depths we were when Des took over, and he was available, you'd have to consider it.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
He's definately not the same hasler that we're use to seing.Gone are those days where you could see him on the tele waving arms frantically,swearing,kicking doors down in dressing rooms.

The guy bleeds manly, it's obvious he misses the joint i'd take him back.
Has the money changed him?

Volley said:
Yeah. Let's wait until the 7th game. :)

Hasler had a 59% win/loss record at Manly, and 63% at the Dogs. 60% career. Not bad, especially given the cattle he had in the early years.

Interestingly, the coach Des replaced (Dymock) has a better career win/loss record (63%). Des was given better cattle to work with than Dymock inherited. The Dogs were broken when Dymock took over in 2011 at 6 from 17 and he took them to within a whisker of the semis, and in very dangerous form. IMO Dymock was very poorly treated by the Dogs - no loyalty to a coach who exceeded all expectations in difficult circumstances.

Toovs has a 67% win/loss record, so he's doing pretty OK. Bennett is lauded for 63%. Bellamy has them all covered at this stage (69%). Although adjusting for the forfeited wins of 2010, the percentage then drops to 63%, and that 63% figure includes seasons of totally discredited salary-cap cheating wins.

Whilst we don't need Des back I'm sure there are clubs out there who would chase him. Toovey is showing a Manly team with a new style based on a team of mobile forwards & a team working for each other in defence . We needed to evolve under a new coach . Keep the Dogs rumors coming . I love it. Greenburg's love of the limelight is keeping Des out of the media spotlight which must make him jealous after all his control previously with Manly .

Volley said:
f**k Des.

You're out of luck his heterosexual and happily married

I think des will be back one day but alot of wounds need to heal and it will be awhile because tooves has proved himself

Anyone else listen to sportals Nrl unleashed podcast, listening to Zorba it sounds like Todd won't see out the entire 3 month period at the dogs. Reading between the lines it seems there may have been some bad blood between des and Todd.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4