I Am Sick To Death Of All This SBW BS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Like it or not he's the most talked about player and probably in the top 3 forwards in the game(always has been)

I like him but unless he's playing for Manly, I couldn't care less what code he plays in.

I am well and truly over him. The nrl have made him more important than the game and look like lovesick teenagers. He is supposed to be the nrl's most marketable commodidity then why was he allowed to snub all the kids who turned up to see him at the fan day, not many other players would have got away with that, not that many of them would have been that disrespectful.
I remember back to when he walked out on the dogs, the media were banging on about the game will not survive without him a well the game did and would do so again, shame he has deemed the game worthy to stay in
Biggest show pony going

Surely now that $BW is staying for another year shame Hayne must be salary sacrificing for next year in order to keep the team under the cap !

There's a big issue here re the salary cap. Under Gallop the NRL refused Benji & others the scenario where they ended a contract one season, then spends summer playing another code or sport & earns money, then in February arrives back & signs a new deal. The NRL said that money would be counted in the club's cap.

Obviously that is not going to happen here with SBW next February.

Not that I agree it should be under the cap. Whatever a player can earn away from the NRL should have nothing to do with the NRL and the cap.

I can't work out why all are so happy today that SBW is staying. Has he said he will re sign with Roosters in February? What is that worth anyway? Until he actually signs I wouldn't be certain of it. February is a long time away.

Watto1972 said:
That is without doubt the single most articulate and intelligent post I have ever read on a sporting forum. Period.

Obviously needs to be banned.

Here's where Benji had no contract at the end of 2009 & wanted to go to Japan RU then come back early 2010 and re-sign with Tigers. The NRL said no, or they would count it under the cap. What's the difference with SBW earning a $1m from a boxing match between Roosters 2013 & 2014 contracts???

NRL says no to Benji’s Japan rugby hopes
By Guy Hand, 19 Feb 2009

NRL boss David Gallop says he’d prefer to lose his sport’s star players to rugby union permanently than have them jump codes temporarily.

Gallop has put league’s stars on notice that off-season code-swapping – in the wake of Wests Tigers five-eighth Benji Marshall’s bid to play rugby union in Japan – won’t be tolerated.

Marshall, who is off contract at the end of the season, wanted to temporarily switch codes to play in Japan without finalising a new deal with the Tigers, then re-sign with the NRL club when he returned early next year.

The NRL has rejected that plan out of hand.

And a tough-talking Gallop had a message for league stars looking to switch to union to top up their incomes in the off-season – you need to choose one code or the other.

When asked if it was preferable to risk a player like Marshall switching codes permanently rather than making an occasional guest stint in union, Gallop said: “Yeah, if I had to plump for one or the other.

“I’d certainly say he needs to make a choice, because he can’t do both.

“I can’t think of a business which would allow one of its star performers to go work for the opposition in the off-season.

“If I work for Coke, I’m not going to be allowed to go to Pepsi for a few months.”

“It’s more important to us we keep the integrity of our salary cap than trying to chase every time there’s a big offer from overseas.”

But even with moves like Marshall’s now officially outlawed and the 2011 Rugby World Cup likely to spark more raids on league talent, Gallop rejected suggestions the NRL needed to relax or revamp its $4.1 million salary cap.

League has already lost three of its highest-profile players to cashed-up European rugby clubs in the past two years – Mark Gasnier, Sonny Bill Williams and Craig Gower.

Already highly-rated Melbourne Storm youngster Will Chambers has announced he will quit league in 2010 to link up with the Queensland Reds – the Storm saying they can’t match the money on offer in the 15-man game.

Gallop said the salary cap was more important than ever for NRL clubs, given the current economic climate.

“I don’t see that (rugby union poaching players) as a need for change,” Gallop said while in Melbourne to address Storm players and officials on Wednesday.

“Obviously we don’t want to see players go across to rugby union but from time to time they’re going to take that option.

“For us it’s a choice of keeping players or keeping clubs financially stable.

“In those circumstances, we’ll always take the latter.

“It’s more important to us we keep the integrity of our salary cap than trying to chase every time there’s a big offer from overseas.”

http://www.theroar.com.au/2009/02/19/nrl-says-no-to-benjis-japan-rugby-hopes/

sbw FMD! So an unsigned player is eligible to play for NZ but people kicked up a stink when Killer was selected for the Kangaroos upon returning from the ESL!
Rugby League is joke is a joke on your town!

manlyfan76 said:
sbw FMD! So an unsigned player is eligible to play for NZ but people kicked up a stink when Killer was selected for the Kangaroos upon returning from the ESL!
Rugby League is joke is a joke on your town!

Yeah and they whinged when he was picked for the Blues, now all I hear is how piss weak Lyon is because he wont play Origin.

Mark from Brisbane said:
But seriously who cares, I switched off to all things. " Roosters" about 930pm last Sunday night. Didn't buy a paper, didn't watch TV for about 3 days but admit I did get on here a little .

Same as me mate. Haven't watched any sports or news , can't bring myself to watch the game yet. Not reading about NRL on internet or newspapers just been in and out of here for consolation purposes. This one has hurt as much as 1983. As for SBW who gives a flying ****.

I'm glad he's staying in league. His play through the middle will be analysed by 15 teams and he will be stopped.
His line breaks up the middle are only due to inept defence, including our team.
Cut him off at the legs, wrap up the ball and don't be over awed by him.
2014 should not be as easy as '13 if the opposition are wise.

niccipops said:
I'm glad he's staying in league. His play through the middle will be analysed by 15 teams and he will be stopped.
His line breaks up the middle are only due to inept defence, including our team.

Good to see you weighing in here TC.

I'm an insomniac. So i'm hanging out for the Money Bill comments while the games on. Boring monotone voice will put you to sleep in no time!

Here's hoping that Dunnie $$Bill$$ Williams continues his boxing career. Currently he holds the WBA International title and is due for a title defence within the next 6 months. Talking to a kiwi friend of mine today he reckons the DUNNIE will have to fight the winner of the upcoming Afa Tatupu-Joseph Parker bout. Its tipped that Parker will win this fight and will automatically become the challenger to DBW title. Parker is a 103kg thrashing machine and is rated NZ best fighter.

Something tells me the DBW will not defend his tittle against Parker. I for one would go and pay to watch this bout only to see DBW arse put on the canvas.

niccipops said:
Hmm, not so sure niccci.

Every club lining up against the Roosters would have focussed on him this year.

Against us, we did a great job on him in the semi-final, and for most of the GF ... but (as someone else pointed out) he still came out with a couple of key moves that made the difference. One of his breaks he went between Ballin and Buhrer, two of the NRL's better defenders.

The couple of games he played at 5/8 were also an eye-opener. He killed it.

He isn't over-rated imo. For salary cap purposes he'd have to be valued at least 1mil per year. Surely. Compare with when Schubert said our contract with T Rex wasn't acceptable as it didn't reflect his real value…

No doubt he has great ability on the field , whoever denies this well their watching the game with their eyes closed....

However ......

- he is not bigger than the game !!!
- as much as i hate the scumdogs , what he did shows deep down his true colors... ( if roosters were struggling mid year , i wouldnt put it past him if he got up and left ) how can this be forgotten what he did it never gets mentioned !!!

- also i have seen many players in the game for many years , and i dont remember one player that had his religion advertised on the big screen like SBW has and then replayed over & over in slow motion
( not that its his fault )...

but this media is making this guy a GOD with all this attention , that just gives more ammunition to set his terms....

has the NRL forgotten how many other great players are playing today and in the past....

the forwards in the past didnt get mid game breaks - they were machines
GUTS N GLORY !!!!!

SBW , is talented but how much better is than watmough ,ian roberts , brad clyde , ray price and other likes...

Give me a break , NRL is showing that its weak the way they want SBW too stay !!! say first game next year he breaks his leg and out for the rest of the season will the NRL self destruct ????

this SBW saga is a joke !!!!

Very funny take on SBW's thought processes, in cartoon form, in Friday's SMH. Basically suggesting he thinks one thing, then goes off in a completely different direction.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The couple of games he played at 5/8 were also an eye-opener. He killed it.

He isn't over-rated imo. For salary cap purposes he'd have to be valued at least 1mil per year. Surely. Compare with when Schubert said our contract with T Rex wasn't acceptable as it didn't reflect his real value…
I realise he's a little bit of an alright player. It's not his choice that the media saturates us with him but Fabio-Bill Williams is just a man with flaws like any other.
I really think clubs have a chance of limiting the difference he makes in 2014 and the bottom line is I want him to be smashed next year :D, particularly by Manly.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2