I Am Sick To Death Of All This SBW BS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
panash said:
No doubt he has great ability on the field , whoever denies this well their watching the game with their eyes closed....

However ......

- he is not bigger than the game !!!
- as much as i hate the scumdogs , what he did shows deep down his true colors... ( if roosters were struggling mid year , i wouldnt put it past him if he got up and left ) how can this be forgotten what he did it never gets mentioned !!!

- also i have seen many players in the game for many years , and i dont remember one player that had his religion advertised on the big screen like SBW has and then replayed over & over in slow motion
( not that its his fault )...

but this media is making this guy a GOD with all this attention , that just gives more ammunition to set his terms....

has the NRL forgotten how many other great players are playing today and in the past....

the forwards in the past didnt get mid game breaks - they were machines
GUTS N GLORY !!!!!

SBW , is talented but how much better is than watmough ,ian roberts , brad clyde , ray price and other likes...

Give me a break , NRL is showing that its weak the way they want SBW too stay !!! say first game next year he breaks his leg and out for the rest of the season will the NRL self destruct ????

this SBW saga is a joke !!!!
couldnt agree more Panash,I like John Sattlers comments about him,right to the point

SBW to sign Roosters deal
NewsYesterday 1:14
THE retention of Sonny Bill Williams has marked the start of a new attitude toward the salary cap, according to NRL boss Dave Smith.
Smith spent months working alongside the Roosters to ensure Williams stayed in rugby league and had a final meeting with club chairman Nick Politis on Thursday.
The spirit of co-operation was a far cry from relations between the Roosters and League Central almost a year ago, when the previous NRL regime conducted an investigation into how the 2013 Williams deal was structured and negotiated.
Unsatisfied with the club’s response, the NRL announced the Roosters would be fined because it had failed to comply with requests for documentation.
It’s believed salary cap auditor Ian Schubert was concerned that Williams’ manager, Khoder Nasser, is not NRL-accredited.
Schubert also wanted answers on whether earnings from a pre-season boxing bout amounted to an inducement to join the club.
But this time around there was, as Politis likes to put it, "a lot more love in the valley".
"It’s particularly timely with the salary cap review on foot, because as a game we need to have systems that are flexible enough to attract and keep the best players without compromising the rules," Smith said.
"I want the best athletes to chose our game and I do recognise they have choices.
"This is huge that Sonny has chosen to stay with rugby league. It’s a fantastic show of confidence in our code."
After winning Sunday night’s grand final, Williams revealed that Smith had texted him in the weeks leading up to the game.
"I spoke to Sonny a number of times this year and I also left him a voicemail (on Friday morning)," Smith said.
- See more at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/sonny-bill-williams-inside-lead/story-fn2mcuj6-1226738553731#sthash.lDbAHYjK.dpuf.mmm,we,ll see how it works for other clubs,they have set a precedence now

master blaster said:
panash said:
No doubt he has great ability on the field , whoever denies this well their watching the game with their eyes closed....

However ......

- he is not bigger than the game !!!
- as much as i hate the scumdogs , what he did shows deep down his true colors... ( if roosters were struggling mid year , i wouldnt put it past him if he got up and left ) how can this be forgotten what he did it never gets mentioned !!!

- also i have seen many players in the game for many years , and i dont remember one player that had his religion advertised on the big screen like SBW has and then replayed over & over in slow motion
( not that its his fault )...

but this media is making this guy a GOD with all this attention , that just gives more ammunition to set his terms....

has the NRL forgotten how many other great players are playing today and in the past....

the forwards in the past didnt get mid game breaks - they were machines
GUTS N GLORY !!!!!

SBW , is talented but how much better is than watmough ,ian roberts , brad clyde , ray price and other likes...

Give me a break , NRL is showing that its weak the way they want SBW too stay !!! say first game next year he breaks his leg and out for the rest of the season will the NRL self destruct ????

this SBW saga is a joke !!!!
couldnt agree more Panash,I like John Sattlers comments about him,right to the point

SBW to sign Roosters deal
NewsYesterday 1:14
THE retention of Sonny Bill Williams has marked the start of a new attitude toward the salary cap, according to NRL boss Dave Smith.
Smith spent months working alongside the Roosters to ensure Williams stayed in rugby league and had a final meeting with club chairman Nick Politis on Thursday.
The spirit of co-operation was a far cry from relations between the Roosters and League Central almost a year ago, when the previous NRL regime conducted an investigation into how the 2013 Williams deal was structured and negotiated.
Unsatisfied with the club’s response, the NRL announced the Roosters would be fined because it had failed to comply with requests for documentation.
It’s believed salary cap auditor Ian Schubert was concerned that Williams’ manager, Khoder Nasser, is not NRL-accredited.
Schubert also wanted answers on whether earnings from a pre-season boxing bout amounted to an inducement to join the club.
But this time around there was, as Politis likes to put it, "a lot more love in the valley".
"It’s particularly timely with the salary cap review on foot, because as a game we need to have systems that are flexible enough to attract and keep the best players without compromising the rules," Smith said.
"I want the best athletes to chose our game and I do recognise they have choices.
"This is huge that Sonny has chosen to stay with rugby league. It’s a fantastic show of confidence in our code."
After winning Sunday night’s grand final, Williams revealed that Smith had texted him in the weeks leading up to the game.
"I spoke to Sonny a number of times this year and I also left him a voicemail (on Friday morning)," Smith said.
- See more at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/sonny-bill-williams-inside-lead/story-fn2mcuj6-1226738553731#sthash.lDbAHYjK.dpuf.mmm,we,ll see how it works for other clubs,they have set a precedence now

i wonder if any manly players were blessed with text messages / phone calls from NRL Smith ????

something didnt sit right with me , with decisions that went against Manly in the GF , now things are looking alittle clearer !!!!

with Roosters winning the GF , would that have made SBW decision to stay in league for another year easier ????

what a great boxer i might add , his last fight was stopped to a overweight over the hill boxer that started bashing him.... lets not get carried away on how great of an athlete he is !!!!!

For those who just can't get enough of Fabio-BW, there's currently five related articles on the Telecrap's Nrl page and four on SMH's version.
Seriously journos??? Write something else.

The NRL must be absolutely transparent about any flexibility applied to the salary cap to keep Espie Dubya in the game. Unfortunately, while it's early days for the commission, transparency does not seem to be a priority.

Rusty wont be happy now,it looks like the roosters are the new sweethearts of the NRL,and always will be while nine have the rights to the game and gyngell is a part of it

I can't doubt his ability.
My doubt is this - his lasting impression on the codes he played ie 20 years from now league supporters will no doubt mention Gallen, Parker and Watmough due in part to there loyalty and there work rate. Same with Union they'll mention Richie McCaw etc.
Sonny due to going to either code will be an enigma, a what might have been for both codes and fans won't talk about him.

If I see another news article on SBW I will freakin lose it. Channel nine has a infatuation with him and thinks the sun shines out of his arse.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The NRL must be absolutely transparent about any flexibility applied to the salary cap to keep Espie Dubya in the game. Unfortunately, while it's early days for the commission, transparency does not seem to be a priority.

Absolutely!

There must be transparency.

How much counts towards the salary cap?
Were the Roosters involved in any third party deals?
Were there any salary cap exemptions, just for him?
What was the total package?

Only fair that all other clubs are aware of what they can and cannot do.

Terry Zarsoff said:
I think the vast majority of league supporters are sick of Sonny Fez Williams.

So $BW having a different religion is a problem? I don't have a problem with any faith an individual has and I'm a proud atheist. Too easy to hate brother. He was one of the very few to acknowledge the young girl in the wheelchair from the Starlight foundation on the Post-GF stage. If he comes out with idiotic statements then he deserves criticism otherwise his beliefs, imagined or real, are off-limits on here. I hope that is OK with you and everyone. :)

You know, I don't think its that people don't like $BW. I think people are just sick to death of hearing about him in the media day in, day out. I mean, as niccipops said, 9 articles dedicated to him in 2 papers.....don't they have anything better to write about?

Has there been a week this season (including during Origin) where there hasn't been an article written, or some television news story about him?

The Eagle Has Landed said:
If I see another news article on SBW I will freakin lose it. Channel nine has a infatuation with him and thinks the sun shines out of his arse.
Will this affect Daylight saving?

Is there a personality under that SBW hide?
He's no Beau Ryan, jimmy moloney or
George Rose, he's just 1 boring bastard.

I see in today's Telecrap he's gonna rule the world.

Aiming low there old Dollar Bill.

The Universe Is Yours.

that's right The Biggest Wanker in The Universe, as appointed by Weidler, Rothfield and NRL.

wedgetail eagle said:
Is there a personality under that SBW hide?
He's no Beau Ryan, jimmy moloney or
George Rose, he's just 1 boring bastard.
Please don't compare Maloney to Gorgeous.
Georgie's a legend and Manloney's an absolute, well, let's just say Rooster. Hair puller, shoe thrower and he had a shot at DCE and Foz in his not so humble post match interview.
I prefer Sonny's silence to Maloney's bs.

**** me...now today we get these headlines

:Sonny Bill Williams' decision to stay in rugby league is a huge boost for the World Cup" .....most Pommies wont know him

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/sonny-bill-williams-decision-to-stay-in-rugby-league-is-a-huge-boost-for-the-world-cup/story-e6frf3ou-1226739449874#ixzz2heVPgpbe

Easts are set to announce a rebranding. They were originally called Eastern Suburbs, then became Sydney City, and more recently preferred to be called The Roosters.
From next season they will be known as the SBW 13.

why be mad? he is a good player to be honest. good boost for roosters signing him again for one more year. how many players have achieved what he has? none!

Frogz said:
**** me...now today we get these headlines

:Sonny Bill Williams' decision to stay in rugby league is a huge boost for the World Cup" ..... most Pommies wont know him

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/sonny-bill-williams-decision-to-stay-in-rugby-league-is-a-huge-boost-for-the-world-cup/story-e6frf3ou-1226739449874#ixzz2heVPgpbe

You might be surprised. He has played for the All Blacks against England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and France. Taking into account the following rugby union has in those lands, I'd say more people over there would know of him than of most of our players.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6