I don't understand this

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=184009.msg274207#msg274207 date=1279013319]
More like you're taking time to gobble up the spin you're being fed.

-----------------------------------------

Bit of disclosure here for some of the newer members...Mata is very close to and has known the family of one of our private owners for some years so he has a slighty biased view on things.

Criticism (from time to time) from him is vexatious (you’ll find he likes to use unusual or words that the “average person” would never consider using in normal conversation to make him appear educated and intelligent when he has no substance for his argument – see here for the meaning  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vexatious )

As such his posts have to be taken with a huge amount of salt...Of course not very Christian-like behaviour on his part but it amuses him so pay no never mind...we don’t

Meanwhile….I’d hope that I have some credibility (?) with those that follow the team closely and get to games and know me that I don’t do “spin”?

I spend a huge amount of time, money and effort in supporting the team and the club both on and off the paddock…if there were massive problems it would impact on me, my family and close friends enormously and I would be at the front of leading the charge for change and asking for answers?

Realistically, many of us support other clubs in other codes, many with far more at stake in terms of their corporate information.  So we are in a position to compare what we get out of Manly.  I follow:

Carlton Blues
Minnesota Vikings
Western Stormers
Springboks
Miami Dolphins
Arsenal
Minnesota Twins etc etc etc

And I have to say Manly lags *far* behind these others in terms of what they offer their fans.

vidmar link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=184009.msg274207#msg274207 date=1279013319]
More like you're taking time to gobble up the spin you're being fed.

-----------------------------------------

Bit of disclosure here for some of the newer members...Mata is very close to and has known the family of one of our private owners for some years so he has a slighty biased view on things.

Criticism (from time to time) from him is vexatious (you’ll find he likes to use unusual or words that the “average person” would never consider using in normal conversation to make him appear educated and intelligent when he has no substance for his argument – see here for the meaning  http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/vexatious )

As such his posts have to be taken with a huge amount of salt...Of course not very Christian-like behaviour on his part but it amuses him so pay no never mind...we don’t

Meanwhile….I’d hope that I have some credibility (?) with those that follow the team closely and get to games and know me that I don’t do “spin”?

I spend a huge amount of time, money and effort in supporting the team and the club both on and off the paddock…if there were massive problems it would impact on me, my family and close friends enormously and I would be at the front of leading the charge for change and asking for answers?
And vidmar likes to pull out the my dick is bigger than yours vis a vis attendance at games (when he lives locally).  It's really just a disingenuous re-hash of the old true supporters nonsense. 

Ryan - I'm with you mate but really....?

“Strong words from a man weakened physically, mentally and emotionally the past four months by two surgeries, life-threatening complications, weeks immobile in bed and the hospital swallowing mind-dulling painkillers, the firings of several of his closest friends with the Avalanche, the retirement of the franchise's greatest player and lingering repulsive memories of the worst season in the club's history in Denver.

That recipe produced two National Hockey League championships, a record nine consecutive division titles, six appearances in the Western Conference finals, 11 straight trips to the postseason, 91 playoff victories from 1996-2006, an unrivaled rivalry with the Detroit Red Wings and the longest sellout streak ever in the league (487 games).

Realistically we've not exactly had that fall from grace or in that bad a state are we?

And vidmar likes to pull out the my dick is bigger than yours vis a vis attendance at games (when he lives locally).  It's really just a disingenuous re-hash of the old true supporters nonsense. 
[/quote]

Thanks for that well thought out, urbane and reasoned response Andrew...I'm sure those viewing this will work things out for themselves

Wow vidmar - that must be your shortest post ever.  People might start reading your stuff if you lose your prolix. 

vidmar link said:
Ryan - I'm with you mate but really....?

“Strong words from a man weakened physically, mentally and emotionally the past four months by two surgeries, life-threatening complications, weeks immobile in bed and the hospital swallowing mind-dulling painkillers, the firings of several of his closest friends with the Avalanche, the retirement of the franchise's greatest player and lingering repulsive memories of the worst season in the club's history in Denver.

That recipe produced two National Hockey League championships, a record nine consecutive division titles, six appearances in the Western Conference finals, 11 straight trips to the postseason, 91 playoff victories from 1996-2006, an unrivaled rivalry with the Detroit Red Wings and the longest sellout streak ever in the league (487 games).

Realistically we've not exactly had that fall from grace or in that bad a state are we?

No, not really mate. It was more about how the Avs rose to the top, became a little complacent (fan base wise), started falling away "on the ice", but how the very old, very ill "President" they are called over there made the effort, and took the steps involved in re-connecting with the fans - and this is just one article mind you. There have been actions, and other releases, so this isn't an isolated activity.

Vid, I honestly reckon Lowey is probably a great bloke, very passionate, well connected type person.

I just hope we get some runs on the board somewhere. I'm negative to begin with, but this week been atrocious, and frankly, I don't like it.

I want to lump praise on the lads / management like I did from really 05-08. We weren't the heavy weights in 05, but I recall players coming on with broken bones at week to week club level to prove their passion. Off the park, the management group were approachable, friendly, forthcoming with info, and basically, I guess like any business, we were continually improving.

Ok, ON the field we are declining (cap does that and that's ok for mine) the players imo are still busting their arses...it's just OFF the field where it "appears" (it may / may not I do not know) to be declining.

I guess fans just want some re-assurance (as per that long article), that all parties are doing their best to ensure we don't become the Canberra Raiders......oh.....wait ;)

Please don't ever doubt that concern is a lack of support - it's quite the opposite really. This club has entertained me for, well, since the NE days (even during)....I just want it to REMAIN entertaining, and I was hoping the club would realise in the end, that's what all this is about....entertainment....fun.....not secrets, hidden info...etc etc etc.

Ryan link said:
If Zorba / Lowe / Delmege & co. can't / don't / won't / couldn't be bothered etc find ANYTHING to make people feel \"the love\" so to speak, well maybe the board should be pushing for people that CAN make people that way.

Funny how you and Matabele can have a dig at the club and management without ever mentioning the Penns. How dare anyone tarnish the Penn name? So we just refer to them as co. Do they not have a say on the board?

Are they not just as responsible or is it because Penn supportered Mayer that they are immuned to any critcism?

bob dylan link said:
I am really enjoying cambo's use of the term rexhunt.
well i got warned for dropping the cbomb
and theres more than one way to skin a cat bro :)

swoop link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184009.msg274228#msg274228 date=1279016086]

If Zorba / Lowe / Delmege & co. can't / don't / won't / couldn't be bothered etc find ANYTHING to make people feel \"the love\" so to speak, well maybe the board should be pushing for people that CAN make people that way.

Funny how you and Matabele can have a dig at the club and management without ever mentioning the Penns. How dare anyone tarnish the Penn name? So we just refer to them as co. Do they not have a say on the board?

Are they not just as responsible or is it because Penn supportered Mayer that they are immuned to any critcism?
[/quote]

He's just as bad in my books as all the others when all the fuel was being poured onto the fire. I don't profess to know what went on between them, and only went off what the media said.

Honestly, the Delmege / Penn thing was meaningless to me - it was the treatment of Grant Mayer that upset myself, and that's as far as it goes from my side.

Again, apologies for not saying Penn...but I also didn't mention the board, Reilly etc etc....I just meant everyone collaboratively.

Actually - to be fair, I should also say they are both fantastic people for keeping our club alive guys.

Matabele link said:
On the contentious Mayer issue the vote was 5-2 was it not?
didnt you know it the 2 votes for grant came from the footy club ;)

(official lie)

I don't think it's any secret Lowe might have been the pick of a very poor field.  None of them would have beaten Mayer if he was a candidate.  Our loss is the gain of GWS. 

Given everyone here likes to bag NRL and compare their ineptitude with the professionalism of the AFL, oh the irony that we let one go that the AFL have entrusted with their most critical new initiative in decades. 

Please explain to me how Manly is better off for that madness?

I guess Lowe has the skills to mediate....and really, to date, it's been done well.

My beef is that it shouldn't have got to that in the first place.

I'd much rather hear that the CEO had to forceably pry the owners apart from each other trying to make out drunk at a party.

Bet that'd give Max and Scott a warm fuzzy feeling inside.  

Ryan link said:
My beef is that it shouldn't have got to that in the first place.

No it shouldn't of happened but it did and you can't dwell on it forever. Time to move on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6