I Miss Wolfy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watching that 2013 try again sends shivers down my spine. I think we miss his freakish finishing abilities. People can come back after set backs like the 2013 GF. I would love to see Wolfy get his mojo back and return to first grade.

If he can't crack first grade with our current injury toll then it looks like he is well and truly on the outer at Manly. Anyone been watching NSW Cap ?? How's his form been ? I know he has been playing fullback but is he having any impact.

His experience this weekend would have been handy, but it looks like Wolfman's time has past.

Didn't know the Penn incident happened. Unacceptable. And yep, I really miss The Wolfman. Great player, wonderful person.

The Wolfman has always come across as a loyal player but it appears his time at Manly is done.
I hope he's looking for a gig in Super league, I think he'd go really well over there and could earn some good coin for a few more years.
On a side note,
I've actually never bothered very much with English rugby league, recently I recorded a few games (watched Albert Kelly) and I must say from a viewing perspective I enjoyed the One Referee free flowing games they play...apart from watching Manly I'm kind of tired of the over penalized wrestle-o-thon crap the NRL are producing over here.

If he can't crack first grade with our current injury toll then it looks like he is well and truly on the outer at Manly. Anyone been watching NSW Cap ?? How's his form been ? I know he has been playing fullback but is he having any impact.

His experience this weekend would have been handy, but it looks like Wolfman's time has past.
I believe Wolfman's been playing really well in NSW Cup, even M.O.T.M. performances at fullback, kicking goals and is their captain. In other words, doing everything right to get back into 1st grade but still not being picked.

Hate to admit it but you're right C & C, if ever there's the perfect time for him to return to firsts its now. Whatever the issue is, I say he's done his time and for crying out loud he's paid the price! Other players who've committed arguably far worse crimes have been given a 2nd chance, so why can't he?!

First I've heard of the Penn incident too. Hell, no-one's perfect and to be crucified like that is disgraceful. Just adds to the already bitter taste in my mouth, with everything else that's come out this week.

On a side note,
I've actually never bothered very much with English rugby league, recently I recorded a few games (watched Albert Kelly) and I must say from a viewing perspective I enjoyed the One Referee free flowing games they play...apart from watching Manly I'm kind of tired of the over penalized wrestle-o-thon crap the NRL are producing over here.

I agree, ESL ref's look to keep the game flowing, our incompetents look to penalise. Big difference.

If you are going to write this tell the full story. Rick did go off because strong rumours were going around about Williams gambling on games and as an owner he has the right to ask what he was up to. Wolfman will never play first grade again because people at the club in power don't trust him and I'm not talking about Rick Penn.
Thats my point, that there is a blacklist so talent is secondary to compliance.
Fans miss out and the playing group is split :cool:

Wolfie, then Chez - its not a level playing field at Manly anymore @:rolleyes:

I have never understood what you mean re dce and snubbing by the club (or black list)

If you look on the website he is featured more than any other individual player. Yes he did not get a statement when he left but he did get a nice ref in the post match pressa...which is when it was confirmed. Some of the content-

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/04/03/stats_insider_v_raid.html

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/03/13/eye_of_the_storm_for.html

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2015/03/07/press_conference_v_e.html

Huh?
1) Contract pulled for the best half back on the market. I don’t call it a snub, more like a dismissal due to lack of intetest

2) Big difference between a Club Statement on leaving and detailing all your positive (see Foran stmnt) attributes and a commentary piece in a weekly Club piece

I just get riled up about inequities @:cool:

he had every opportunity to take up the contract (I loled that the club actually stood up to a player in this regard)

There is also a fair difference between announcing it after your team has been flogged and during the weekn when the club has an opportunity to respond

So the DCE tour was a good thing for the club? Will have to agree too disagree but for me both players , for differing reasons, acted without class.

he had every opportunity to take up the contract (I loled that the club actually stood up to a player in this regard)

There is also a fair difference between announcing it after your team has been flogged and during the weekn when the club has an opportunity to respond

So the DCE tour was a good thing for the club? Will have to agree too disagree but for me both players , for differing reasons, acted without class.

Both are as bad as each other , although I genuinely think $CE only signed after we pulled our contract offer.

$oran on the other hand!!!

the wolfie and penn, best mates
david-williams-rugby-wolfman copy.jpg

Last edited:
Both are as bad as each other , although I genuinely think $CE only signed after we pulled our contract offer.

$oran on the other hand!!!

yeah but no but yeah but no but..... Isn't having a deadline that both parties knew about.....then Manly not hearing from dce for 48 hours after the deadline had passed...then taking the contract off the table for the time being, vastly different from the myth starting to be perpetuated that the contract was pulled and dce and his manager were like deer in the spotlights going wtf just happened...?

I miss the Wolfman and can't wait to see him playing in firsts again. Ahhrrooooo!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4