I will not renew my membership till they make some changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Call me a sucker but will support the team, be a member and watch every game while they are playing in the competition.
Admit it’s disappointing in 2018 so far, but damn they have given long term Manly supporters plenty of good times over the years.
I can even understand many reasons to be despondent this season and even share opinions regarding players/ coaches ect, good and bad, provided they don’t become personal.
One thing I’m not a fan of is only supporting a team when things are good.
Summed it up very well . I am with you all the way brother as Birds of a feather stick together

I love the team and if they never win another game I will be there supporting them.

You won't find me making any comment on Barrett, some players yes but not the coach.

What I would like to know if can someone on this forum can name 3 good things Penn has done since he took over ownership. For a man/family who is suppose to be some of the best business people in Australia it makes me wonder if this venture is anything but a huge tax dodge or similar.

Agree 100% with you Bob, every team goes through stages like this, just have to take the good with the bad, and if you can't you may as well support another "more successful " team, I'll bet you anything Norths supporters would love to be in our shoes, my membership is still solid.
Three good things the Penns have done, initially they were sponsors when we were a basket case after the Northern Eagles debacle, If they didn't buy into the club initially then Max Delmege probably would not have as well,so who knows how we would have gone financially as the Leagues Club was on it's knees also?, four grand final appearances for two wins and two others that were taken off us due to refereeing or salary cap rorting, even the Broncos, Dogs, Eels with their vast rivers of gold can't boast the same success since the Penns' ownership.

We were told its a results driven business. Did you miss that.

I don't bag the coach because I don't know enough about his coaching ability. He has a crap roster, that I do know, and have posted this dozens of times over the last 18 months. If it is his roster he needs to be accountable. But I think we all know its Bozo's roster.

Barrett has been lumbered with an under performing marquee player who think he is just a little bit better than everyone else. A player on top dollar who doesnt like being taken to task about his performances whether it be from an international with many years experience or troubled rookie trying to make a name for himself.

We will come out of this. It may or may not be with Barrett at the helm. I know one thing for certain to change coaches now wont do a single thing other than to put someone else i the hot seat.

I wonder what people would think if Barrett was sacked and Cartwright given the job for 2-3 years.
I agree with many things you throw up Bob old mate... however, the excuse that we have a crap roster is off the mark. If you want to see what a sh1tty squad looks like, take a peep at what Tooves had at his disposal during his final season. Then imagine what someone like Craig Bellamy might do with Turbo, Jake, AFB, DCE, Walker, Jorge as well as all the young talented up and comers in our team. Look at how Sipley played last night, bending the line and charging straight and hard, and Trent basically didn’t even give him a run the last couple of weeks, leaving him to sit on the pine like a spectator. It was clearly evident last night that the players were sticking to the game plan the coach came up with to break them open through the middle and it became obvious that they were aware the plan wasn’t working, which created uncertainty and timing issues any time they went wide. But the coach just kept on flogging a dead horse all the way to the final whistle. He’s been given countless opportunities to make his mark, only to finish second best. If the owners want to gain any semblance of respectability from the supporters, then he has to go, especially after what the did to a club legend.

You know, as much as I hate Newcastle, you look at them, 3 consecutive spoons and fans showing up in droves.........and you have to admire it

Our club sits 12th and fans are wanting to bail

Our embarrassing performances on the field are being matched by the embarrassing "support" of our fans.

If you can't support us when we need it then don't let the door hit you on the way out!
What he is demonstrating is higher standards than Drugcastle. I applaud his sentiment. I know he will renew just as I will because we are rusted on fans. He is just venting & if you & the others giving you a winners rating can’t see that then maybe this a Club really destined for extinction.

What he is demonstrating is higher standards than Drugcastle. I applaud his sentiment. I know he will renew just as I will because we are rusted on fans. He is just venting & if you & the others giving you a winners rating can’t see that then maybe this a Club really destined for extinction.

Haha there is stating your dissapointment and dissatisfaction and then there is throwing your toys out of the pram......we have a lot of toys on the ground around here

Last night was the first time since the NE days that I have got to the point of questioning whether I wanna bother watching more games this season. I'm not sure if I want to choose to continue watching this team play and get myself into negative states. If they showed some spirit and at least some inkling of growing and improving as a team with a structure, I'd be fine. However, there is very little joy to come out of performances like last night. The state of the club on and off the field is disconcerting. We would turn a blind eye or tolerate the shambolic dinosaur organisation off the field while the boys were blocking it out and putting in performances on the field despite it. Now, it looks like one big ugly mess. Anyway, I truly hope this club has genuine plans to grow and improve as I'd hate to see our piece of league history be lost down the toilet. I'm not about to rest on our laurels of "we always come good". It's a nice narrative and we have lived up to it in the past, but it doesn't make it factual or given. This is a new group of people on and off the field. While we can draw on that historical Manly narrative for guidance and inspiration, it is not a given we will manifest it.

Where is the building of structures and systems? Injuries and depth are important factors, but that doesn't explain the apparent lack of playing to a team plan and structure. If I saw young guys coming through and getting belted, but at least playing with heart and trying to work to a given structure I'd be less concerned. There is a reason, beyond cheating and player talent, that Bellyache has enjoyed so much success, and it aint about the cattle. I'm just not seeing solid plans and structure for our kids to develop into. I'm just seeing a group of players relying on individual moments of effort and/or brilliance. Too one-dimensional, and too much ad-lib with not enough solid system building IMO.

The great thing about this forum is it brings things in perspective with different views .
Any one with a business sense knows that there are more greater and more profitable investments than running a NRL club .
What has Penn done since taking ownership ? He has won premierships and kept our club from joining North Sydney at the museum stadium.
So you wont make any comment on a coach . Is it because the coach has no accountability on how the team performs ?
At the end of the day we are all accountable for what we do at our profession .
Even coaches .
Maybe we can erect a sign on every coaches office door
View attachment 8524
I think Bob was talking about the period since the Penn family became the sole business owner, after buying out Quantum.

They may have some metrics heading in the right direction, but no one can take their commitment to Brookvale with anything but a grain of salt. Although Council are complicit in the lack of progress too.

They said they would improve football department resourcing. If recent murmurings from the coach are true, they haven’t.

Their in-law advised that they should bring BIBO (Bozo In, Bozo Out) onboard. Apart from last year’s sugar hit, how did that pan out?

They whiteanted a Manly legend, simply because he thought Quantum were the better business owner. Worked out well...not.

I said to a mate at work today that im disappointed in manlys performances of late but will stick by them and will put it down to a crap year . I also told him im really pissed off with the whole running of our great game , and went on to tell him that its not sour grapes because of losing ,its that im angry that our game is losing supporters in droves because of the bias some clubs have over others . Its just not an even playing field between all clubs . From a player dragged into touch and not seen to a scrum that wasn't formed with time on the clock . Do you really think the Nrl want us or the bulldogs to upset the more fancied clubs when the game is in the balance ? Nah i dont think so . Greencock and the referees are absolutely screwing this game and i cant really blame anyone from walking away from this game.

Ok look it should be known I'm not a member, it had nothing to do with lack of support I pour lots of time and money into the support of manly through this site and find it hard to justify membership as such.

I generally see it as a good thing and valuable but as a fairly staunch capitalist I also believe that value should come from what you spend your money on. For me a good ROI on my money spent in this realm is entertainment.

Thus if I were a member already I would probably remain a member not because value for me equated to the team winning but instead an I entertained by it because I'm spending my money ultimately on entertainment. Now entertainment does not have to be anything other than I derive an emotional response to what I saw, in this case anger and disgust and as such I was entertained, negatively perhaps but entertained.

If on the other hand for me being entertained meant being competitive and winning I would feel less entertained but would also have to reason that removing my membership sponsorship wouldnot get me closer to the goal of entertainment but instead further away as it would damage the team rather than improve it.

In capitalism protest only serves the machine by moving dollars elsewhere.

So my friend if your seek better results dont withdraw your money, deepen your investment

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10