I will not renew my membership till they make some changes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
One thing I’m not a fan of is only supporting a team when things are good.

NZEaglesFan
is not saying that, take into consideration the environment each supporter lives in , myself, I live in Redfern, so just imagine the shyt i cop after a loss, as he told you about his life, ....

We are all here for the long haul, but that doesn't mean we can't whinge and complain..!

NZEaglesFan
is not saying that, take into consideration the environment each supporter lives in , myself, I live in Redfern, so just imagine the shyt i cop after a loss, as he told you about his life, ....

We are all here for the long haul, but that doesn't mean we can't whinge and complain..!
To complain is fine, to call out players not having a dig is no prob.
In fact, I have personally had a dig about energy levels and attitude since the game.
All Manly supporters cop a pasting after a loss including myself and basically everyone on here.
NZEaglesFan has every right to do what he wants....I personally think the best time to show support is when the chips are down which was my point.

I generally see it as a good thing and valuable but as a fairly staunch capitalist I also believe that value should come from what you spend your money on. For me a good ROI on my money spent in this realm is entertainment.

Thus if I were a member already I would probably remain a member not because value for me equated to the team winning but instead an I entertained by it because I'm spending my money ultimately on entertainment. Now entertainment does not have to be anything other than I derive an emotional response to what I saw, in this case anger and disgust and as such I was entertained, negatively perhaps but entertained.

If on the other hand for me being entertained meant being competitive and winning I would feel less entertained but would also have to reason that removing my membership sponsorship wouldnot get me closer to the goal of entertainment but instead further away as it would damage the team rather than improve it.

In capitalism protest only serves the machine by moving dollars elsewhere.

So my friend if your seek better results dont withdraw your money, deepen your investment

I think all of us currently sucking at the tipping comp will be directed back to this post next year!

@:D

"I suck at tipping and hate it!"

- Well at least you're getting a good ROI re entertainment, even if negatively.

I am going to 'borrow' this at some time. :)

Every year I renew the membership even though I do not attend any home games as I live in Auckland, NZ and what do I get, some merchandise that is not worth the membership price but I continue to renew it as I support our team but I am seriously thinking stopping this so I do not waste my hard earned cash.

From what I have seen this year on the Field and off the field, I am seriously disappointed with the effort of some players, coach. We are going backwards. We have enough talent to be competitive but it looks like we have no game plan, no one wants to take ownership of the team and ownership that they stuffed up and something needs to be done. If the management, Coach and Players think the issue at the club will go away, then they are kidding themselves.

Fix it please, otherwise we will have no supporters left and this will lead to the demise of our club.

Aww, what happened to this guy from 2015?

I just renewed mine today

I think Bob was talking about the period since the Penn family became the sole business owner, after buying out Quantum.

They may have some metrics heading in the right direction, but no one can take their commitment to Brookvale with anything but a grain of salt. Although Council are complicit in the lack of progress too.

They said they would improve football department resourcing. If recent murmurings from the coach are true, they haven’t.

Their in-law advised that they should bring BIBO (Bozo In, Bozo Out) onboard. Apart from last year’s sugar hit, how did that pan out?

They whiteanted a Manly legend, simply because he thought Quantum were the better business owner. Worked out well...not.
I understand what you are saying that it did not work well but unlike Quantum the Penns didn't take their money and run away ,the Penns are still Sea eagles and work is in progress to improve things and we have to give them credit for that .
Above all I am great full for passionate people like the Penns that put their money where their heart and unlike Quantum their heart is still with the Sea eagles and we are all lucky we haven't ended up like North Sydney .
Special mention to our original Messiah !!!
maxdelmege_wideweb__470x312,0.jpg

I understand what you are saying that it did not work well but unlike Quantum the Penns didn't take their money and run away ,the Penns are still Sea eagles and work is in progress to improve things and we have to give them credit for that .
Above all I am great full for passionate people like the Penns that put their money where their heart and unlike Quantum their heart is still with the Sea eagles and we are all lucky we haven't ended up like North Sydney .
Special mention to our original Messiah !!!
View attachment 8528
Love your passion and I agree with your tacit admission that we have little choice but to support the Penns.

Without them we don’t have a team to follow.

However I think we all wish that the last few years hadn’t played out as one train wreck after another.

Despite all that I still put my money where my mouth (or keyboard) is, with season, FC and LC memberships.

Ok look it should be known I'm not a member, it had nothing to do with lack of support I pour lots of time and money into the support of manly through this site and find it hard to justify membership as such.

I generally see it as a good thing and valuable but as a fairly staunch capitalist I also believe that value should come from what you spend your money on. For me a good ROI on my money spent in this realm is entertainment.

Thus if I were a member already I would probably remain a member not because value for me equated to the team winning but instead an I entertained by it because I'm spending my money ultimately on entertainment. Now entertainment does not have to be anything other than I derive an emotional response to what I saw, in this case anger and disgust and as such I was entertained, negatively perhaps but entertained.

If on the other hand for me being entertained meant being competitive and winning I would feel less entertained but would also have to reason that removing my membership sponsorship wouldnot get me closer to the goal of entertainment but instead further away as it would damage the team rather than improve it.

In capitalism protest only serves the machine by moving dollars elsewhere.

So my friend if your seek better results dont withdraw your money, deepen your investment
I'm not a capitalist so they can get their money from some other schmuck!

Entitled to your opinion mate, and I get it. I'm not sure what this product on and off the field is, but it actually doesn't feel like Manly. That's the deal for me.

We've had MUCH worse players and teams on paper, Creary, Witt, Mullane, NBQ etc, but they put their bodies on the line, and busted their balls every week despite the lack of ability our present players DO have.

I was okay losing back then, because they ripped in, and left nothing else on the table each game.

These guys wearing our jersey seem to lack passion for it. They don't get what it means to be a Manly man. They don't care.

So I get you. If there WAS a Manly team to be a member of, you'd renew. But this product on and off the field, sucks. It's more akin to some unprofessional park team that has zero passion, care or emotion.

My love for the maroon and white will never die. I am seriously considering not renewing my season tic and membership for the following reasons.

The Draw: Ten games a Brooky and three of those games are played this season on Thursday night and Friday night at 6PM, not fan friendly one little bit.

Game Day Experience: I feel ripped off that we do not consistently get two games at Brooky and we do not get to see much of our juniors developing. Them playing at Blacktown is a dead loss!!

Over the 40 years or so that I have gone to games, I have seen my share of low points, right now we are in a crisis most of our own doing.

There is a distinct lack of leadership and discipline at our club right now and there have been too many games of late where the lack of leadership on the field has cost us dearly in certain games.

I want to see constructive change, see our coaching team invest in youth and get an injection of much-needed enthusiasm into the team!!

My love for the maroon and white will never die. I am seriously considering not renewing my season tic and membership for the following reasons.

The Draw: Ten games a Brooky and three of those games are played this season on Thursday night and Friday night at 6PM, not fan friendly one little bit.

Game Day Experience: I feel ripped off that we do not consistently get two games at Brooky and we do not get to see much of our juniors developing. Them playing at Blacktown is a dead loss!!

Over the 40 years or so that I have gone to games, I have seen my share of low points, right now we are in a crisis most of our own doing.

There is a distinct lack of leadership and discipline at our club right now and there have been too many games of late where the lack of leadership on the field has cost us dearly in certain games.

I want to see constructive change, see our coaching team invest in youth and get an injection of much-needed enthusiasm into the team!!

You should let @Mitch know as he is on that committee of fans Manly. Though I just tagged him so he'll probably see it.

We were told its a results driven business. Did you miss that.

I don't bag the coach because I don't know enough about his coaching ability. He has a crap roster, that I do know, and have posted this dozens of times over the last 18 months. If it is his roster he needs to be accountable. But I think we all know its Bozo's roster.

Barrett has been lumbered with an under performing marquee player who think he is just a little bit better than everyone else. A player on top dollar who doesnt like being taken to task about his performances whether it be from an international with many years experience or troubled rookie trying to make a name for himself.

We will come out of this. It may or may not be with Barrett at the helm. I know one thing for certain to change coaches now wont do a single thing other than to put someone else i the hot seat.

I wonder what people would think if Barrett was sacked and Cartwright given the job for 2-3 years.
All very good but a coaches job is to motivate and build a style of football that suits his charges.I can cop losing if it’s done with effort and a plan.

Our injury “ crisis” is a cop out. Other than Walker our injuries are to ubiquitous second rowers who are very similar in ability. Our best players play every week.

If anyone can see spirit and a plan, which is the purpose of having a coach,in this side I must be missing something.Spirit and gameplan should exist who ever takes the field. We have neither.

Aww, what happened to this guy from 2015?

Globaleagle I have continued to renew my membership but just haven’t posted anything over the years even though I read the post on the forum almost everyday but I needed to express how I feel at this stage with how our once proud club is going.

All I am asking for is people at the club (Coaching staff, Players and the Owners) realise that we need to make some positive change because us fans spend our hard earned money to support our club without anybody been held accountable for the crap the team and the club has been dishing lately. This year is gone so why can’t we blood some players like Tom Wright for next year. Surely he can be any worse than some of the players currently in the top 17.

Globaleagle I have continued to renew my membership but just haven’t posted anything over the years even though I read the post on the forum almost everyday but I needed to express how I feel at this stage with how our once proud club is going.

All I am asking for is people at the club (Coaching staff, Players and the Owners) realise that we need to make some positive change because us fans spend our hard earned money to support our club without anybody been held accountable for the crap the team and the club has been dishing lately. This year is gone so why can’t we blood some players like Tom Wright for next year. Surely he can be any worse than some of the players currently in the top 17.

I know. I got your first post. I was just kinda pointing out you've been here for awhile and post more! :) so I used the "I renewed" from 3 yrs ago and the "I wont renew" from yesterday and put them together and

then.....

I forgot my point.....

......I think it was pizza

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12