If Toov's has been sacked in the media, A club great prior to the Penn's take over has hit a new low

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
true but who lets the leak happen? who doesn't take action against the leak?
Exactly.

Damaging leaks were a consistent thorn throughout the Delmege/Penn years and then the Quantum/Penn years. But in this Penn/Penn year the extent of damaging leaks has escalated to new heights. Can't blame Delmege. Can't blame Quantum. And when nothing visible has been said, much less done to expose or stop the leaker, the obvious conclusion is that the Penns want or authorise (through condoning) these leaks.

I think Barrett have won a NYC Premiership with Penrith. He has been assistant coach to Ivan Cleary.

He didn't win a NYC comp with Penrith, he took over as coach of the premiers and after 2 years of making finals they missed out and came 9th. Some coaching record he has amassed. along with 2 wins and 2 losses for country. cant wait till he comes!

He didn't win a NYC comp with Penrith, he took over as coach of the premiers and after 2 years of making finals they missed out and came 9th. Some coaching record he has amassed. along with 2 wins and 2 losses for country. cant wait till he comes!
Don't know about the NYC, but I think you'll find he's had 2 wins, 1 loss and 1 draw as country coach.

I wonder how many of Penrith's young guns like Cartwright, Jennings, Moylan, etc, would have been coached by Barrett.
I really don't know, but I hope it's a lot of them. I'd measure the success of an nyc coach by his ability to turn young blokes into first graders, far more important than winning premierships.
And let's calm down about any representative record. Craig Bellamy has a losing representative record. It isn't indicative of a good first grade coach.

I found it interesting that there was a mention in the papers that the Penn's were also ****ty with Tooves for dropping Tom Turbo (as in they want to keep the kid up and happy because of his local roots).

Over the years, no matter which side you sit on, you have to admit that when there is a legit choice to be made, Tooves might not be the best selector (et tu Williame)...

I found it interesting that there was a mention in the papers that the Penn's were also ****ty with Tooves for dropping Tom Turbo (as in they want to keep the kid up and happy because of his local roots).

Over the years, no matter which side you sit on, you have to admit that when there is a legit choice to be made, Tooves might not be the best selector (et tu Williame)...

Just more BS trying to justify and make the Manly fans turn on Toovey. Listening to BSB this morning when you hear non Manly fans stick up for Toovey then you know the club have f**ked up Royally!!! Tom T would have been selected if we had more back line injuries pre game.

Makes that win on the weekend even sweeter becuase there would have been very few ppl to pick that win and they did it in convincing fashion, even before Johnson got injured.

Selection was spot on.

Just more BS trying to justify and make the Manly fans turn on Toovey. Listening to BSB this morning when you hear non Manly fans stick up for Toovey then you know the club have f**ked up Royally!!! Tom T would have been selected if we had more back line injuries pre game.

Makes that win on the weekend even sweeter becuase there would have been very few ppl to pick that win and they did it in convincing fashion, even before Johnson got injured.

Selection was spot on.
Yeah once again Hasson was outstanding. Got steamrolled for a Warriors try.

Selection was spot on.
What about the previous week? 2V drops Tom Turbo for Hiku and we get rolled by the 'Boys.
He had both Tom and Lawrence at his disposal, yet didn't pick either and so neither actually played that weekend.
How is this smart selection?
Hiku and Burgess have poor games against the 'Boys, so what does 2V do? Rewards them with another chance. Plus, he picks Hasson!
Do you honestly think Huku is better than Tom? Burgess is better than Lawrence? Hasson is better than anyone?

Yeah once again Hasson was outstanding. Got steamrolled for a Warriors try.

Fair point in regards to Hasson, however with the players available for selection they got the job done comfortably. Moving Jake as a starting prop given his age and even giving Tom a run in First grade (albeit due to injuries) show that he gets them right more often then wrong.

But with Hiku available he will get the nod over Tom every time. Especially considering that at 18 and other things (double degree etc) Tom has time on his side and Toovey bringing him through the right way to let his body develop to cope with week in/week out NRL footy.

Ppl will always have differing views because being an arm chair manager is easy. I'm sure Toovey has the clubs interest both short and long term at the fore front of his selections.

What about the previous week? 2V drops Tom Turbo for Hiku and we get rolled by the 'Boys.
He had both Tom and Lawrence at his disposal, yet didn't pick either and so neither actually played that weekend.
How is this smart selection?
Hiku and Burgess have poor games against the 'Boys, so what does 2V do? Rewards them with another chance. Plus, he picks Hasson!
Do you honestly think Huku is better than Tom? Burgess is better than Lawrence? Hasson is better than anyone?

Well beating the Warriors in NZ comfortably shows that he got them right.

A lot of the top coaches over the years have said that with 18-19yo players it is the best thing for them not to play them continuously in the top grade for an extended length of time in their 1st year. I can see the merit in that, although some young players burst onto the scene and their form demands that they never go back

Tom T has had a very solid start to his NRL career, but he hasn't done a lot of things that stick out and demand that week to week he must be in the side. Hiku has a few years worth of runs on the board so I can see the thinking behind sending Tom T back down, there may also be a side to it that they want the 20s into the finals this year and he is a man that makes them near unbeatable

Personally if he isn't in the NRL side I'd be playing him in NSW Cup for more experience against men.

According to the Australian, Tooves and his legal counsel are meeting with the club right now to end this, after which a statement will be released. Guess we'll know today if that is right...

According to the Australian, Tooves and his legal counsel are meeting with the club right now to end this, after which a statement will be released. Guess we'll know today if that is right...
So we expect the legal eagle line of 'going in separate direction and wanting to spend more time with my family' @:rolleyes:

As Z is claiming an October meeting putting 2v on notice, I hope a Reporter asks 'Why was a new coach not appointed in April, after the Albury timeline passed?'

And 'Did Manly approach Dalai in the hope of keeping Foran early on this year?'

It's absurd to place such an emphasis on Toovey's team selections as a reason for our current predicament. It didn't seem to matter in 2013 when we made the GF. He has picked the occasional donkey this year because we had the worst injury toll of any club in the NRL....he can't leave the position blank because we don't like the replacement.

Tom T is 18 years old. Hiku is a NZ international. The majority of coaches in the game are weary about burdening young players with too much responsibility and too heavy a physical burden early in their careers. I have no doubt that Toovey's decision to play Hiku over Tom T is absolutely the correct one. If indeed it's not the correct decision then I am pretty sure it hasn't been the reason for our position on the ladder, nor is it a sackable offence.

Imagine if Tooves went to the Knights as the smh are reporting. I wouldn't be surprised though if Tooves ends up as an assistant somewhere else. A lot of ex first grade coaches do.

Hope he gets the Australian gig.

Imagine if Tooves went to the Knights as the smh are reporting. I wouldn't be surprised though if Tooves ends up as an assistant somewhere else. A lot of ex first grade coaches do.

Hope he gets the Australian gig.
You can never say never, but I get the impression that Toovey is not interested in coaching against Manly. He seems more like a Manly diehard doing his bit for the club than a career coach who is addicted the job.

I would love for him to coach the Australian team and retain a formal position at Manly...not only would I be happy for him, but he may even strike up a good rapport with some of the players and push them towards signing at Manly down the track!

Lara Pitt reporting that payout figure agreed and Manly will make 2v's sacking OFFICIAL on Tuesday @:cry:

TommyT is in the Matty Johns audience tonight :)

Lara Pitt reporting that payout figure agreed and Manly will make 2v's sacking OFFICIAL on Tuesday @:cry:

TommyT is in the Matty Johns audience tonight :)

They are saying on the daily Tele it will happen Wednesday and the payout has not been finalised yet !!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8