If Toov's has been sacked in the media, A club great prior to the Penn's take over has hit a new low

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
For you and the other dimwitted mongs that keep going on about squad selection

How ****ing stupid are you?

I haven't read the terms and conditions for a while. Has the swearing policy been relaxed? If so, I might start throwing some in the mix.

The terms and conditions remain the same but they are being interpreted a little more liberally than in the past, in line with changing standards as to what is 'offensive'.

Some terms will be deemed offensive but in general whether or not a comment is offensive will depend on the context in which the language is used.

Abuse of other posters is unacceptable.

Cherry_poppins loves to abuse people by calling them mongs but doesn't think that is offensive to people with a disability. Might be getting 'the tap on the shoulder' before much longer, lol

true but who lets the leak happen? who doesn't take action against the leak?

Leaks are almost never random, they occur for specific reasons. Indeed they are typically ordered by the powers that be for strategic purposes. If Zorba has been the leak then it is at the behest and/or with the blessing of his clan.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
The terms and conditions remain the same but they are being interpreted a little more liberally than in the past, in line with changing standards as to what is 'offensive'.

Some terms will be deemed offensive but in general whether or not a comment is offensive will depend on the context in which the language is used.

Cherry_poppins loves to abuse people by calling them mongs but doesn't think that is offensive to people with a disability. Might be getting 'the tap on the shoulder' before much longer, lol

Leaks are almost never random, they occur for specific reasons. Indeed they are typically ordered by the powers that be for strategic purposes. If Zorba has been the leak then it is at the behest and/or with the blessing of his clan.
I was one of the "mongs" referred to. I don't really give two ****s about the insult. Childish garbage like that just diminishes his argument so he loses on two counts anyway.

Mong means mongrel before the disabled on the Internet dictionary service i used and that's the context i use it in

The fact that it's also used in a clunky word for the disabled is unfortunate

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...divided-amid-allegations-20150725-giki06.html

Toovey's time up

Geoff Toovey may need his lawyers instead of his clipboard when he rocks up to the Eagles headquarters this week.

The board met on Thursday and there will be a move on Monday to make his exit official. After spilling blood for the Eagles as a great player, it will be his blood that is spilt, largely because he made a poor decision not to table an offer for his star back-rower Glenn Stewart more than 14 months ago.

It was the beginning of the end. Toovey didn't pick up enough from his coaching mentor and predecessor Des Hasler to always have his players' backs. That's not my opinion – it belongs to the players.

In not making an offer to Stewart, Toovey was seen to have sided with the then Quantum shareholders and the District Football Club representatives against the Penn family, who were great supporters of Stewart and wanted to retain him.

In short, Toovey backed the wrong side after being instructed by a board representative from Quantum not to make Stewart an offer. He immediately lost the support of elements of the senior playing group and has been battling to wrest it back.

Towards the end of the season the players wanted to give voting support to popular veteran volunteer Warwick Bulmer in the District Football Club election.

When Toovey found out, players were told not to vote. Again a misguided political decision for the District Football Club were running side by side with Quantum in a block vote against the only people with real money in the major shareholders, the Penn family.

Despite this the Penns backed Toovey with support from the time they claimed 90 per cent ownership with more coaching resources and a lifting of the money spent on the second-tier cap.

But it was made clear from the outset performances would matter. That was first raised with Toovey last October, in March and again more recently. Toovey insisted as late as last Wednesday on Fox Sports that he hasn't had his future discussed. That hasn't gone down well with the powers that be. Nor has the real possibility of the club's first wooden spoon.

Manly are already gathering a powerful looking side for next season under soon-to-be-announced coach Trent Barrett. Barrett has the support of two of the best brains in the game in Bob Fulton and Phil Gould. And he is confident of making a success of his new role with his luxurious south coast home up for sale for his move to the northern beaches.

===========================
In all my years as a member, the Players were always advised never to vote in FC Elections, as it could lead to issues between the front and back office.

Last years landslide win was for the incumbent FC Board against the Leagues Club Ticket - nothing to do with Qantum, The 25 Players are a small percentage of the total voting Members.
http://www.manlyfootballclub.com.au/documents/2014 MWRLFC Annual Report.pdf

2v has never said that his future hasn't been discussed. He correctly states that he has a valid contract for next year. Once a payout figure is agreed to, he will agree to change the end date of his contract,

I would love to know the real and factual truth behind all of this. And not the truth that is percieved by each faction. It is such a Parramatta way to carry on with these factions. I really can't believe either side as I think they are both twisting the truth to suit thier own agendas. Toovey has been an NRMA board member previously so he is no stranger to board politics. If the Penn side even remotely believe that Toovey was behind all that garbage then that would suggest from day 1 there was never any intention to retain him. They have obviously set him on a course to failure this year but also made it known in the media that they have given him extra water bottles and excercise bikes so that it cant be said they didnt help him. Looks to me like the final nail in the FootballClub/Quantum/Delmege coffin.
Like Parra we now cut off our noses to spite our face. Well done to all involved! Muppets.

What you really mean is the ways things are being done according to the Daily Telegraph, the antithesis of accuracy and honesty.

True, I'm sure some things are being exaggerated and other things are probably flat out not true. What I could never understand was why Toovey kept saying that he was never told anything about Barrett coming in and as far as he knew he would be coaching next year. Barrett had been in talks with Manly for quite awhile and he is signed sealed and delivered now.

RANT - Please avoid if you don't want to hear it.

No disrespect here guys, but I am SO over the negativity and pessemism, and that's coming from all people, me ! Hahahaha.

End of the day, the owners have made decisions. If it's Barrett, Toovey, Cartwright, Pope John Paul or Jesus himself coaching us, lets just all rally behind that person (because what is done, is done).

I get what's happened to Tooves sucks....but lets look forward, not back on decisions already signed / sealed / delivered.

I'm looking forward to supporting guys next year who want to be here. Who have CHOSEN to sign with us. I really hope, hope, HOPE all players who have a contracts next season, have those honoured. If they come off contract then, then so be it.

I really hope despite the throat slitting and noose making according to the media, that Toovey is offered a life long role at the club in an administritive capacity (lord knows that would be a more secure role than coaching !!!). He was on the board of the flippin NRMA, so he has some accounting smarts ! Get his focus to be the P&L and Balance Sheet management !!!

I remember a few years ago, when Manly weren't travelling too well, guys like Randall, Mullayne, Bradley-Qualillawa etc were playing, but as a fanbase, all that mattered was the footy, and our improvement - such great times - despite the results. We had a ball. I made some lifelong mates in Doug, Dan, Wheel, Mata, Canteen, ManlyBacker, Pepsi and many, many more. It's so different now !!

There's nothing we can do guys. I think we should just all roll with it. Enjoy the hell out of days like yesterday - how good was it. I almost cried at full time I was so fricken happy with those results.

Politics are politics - do we watch the sport for that? Or do we watch the sport and our great team for rising against the odds types of moments like yesterday ! All I can say, is bring it on. Lots of changes happening going forward, and I'm excited to be a part of it.

As I have said , like it or not, the war has been won.

All we can do is strap ourselves in for the ride or jump ship.

I'm tightening the seatbelt as this is being typed.

No disrespect here guys, but I am SO over the negativity and pessemism, and that's coming from all people, me ! Hahahaha.

End of the day, the owners have made decisions. If it's Barrett, Toovey, Cartwright, Pope John Paul or Jesus himself coaching us, lets just all rally behind that person (because what is done, is done).

I get what's happened to Tooves sucks....but lets look forward, not back on decisions already signed / sealed / delivered.

I'm looking forward to supporting guys next year who want to be here. Who have CHOSEN to sign with us. I really hope, hope, HOPE all players who have a contracts next season, have those honoured. If they come off contract then, then so be it.

I really hope despite the throat slitting and noose making according to the media, that Toovey is offered a life long role at the club in an administritive capacity (lord knows that would be a more secure role than coaching !!!). He was on the board of the flippin NRMA, so he has some accounting smarts ! Get his focus to be the P&L and Balance Sheet management !!!

I remember a few years ago, when Manly weren't travelling too well, guys like Randall, Mullayne, Bradley-Qualillawa etc were playing, but as a fanbase, all that mattered was the footy, and our improvement - such great times - despite the results. We had a ball. I made some lifelong mates in Doug, Dan, Wheel, Mata, Canteen, ManlyBacker, Pepsi and many, many more. It's so different now !!

There's nothing we can do guys. I think we should just all roll with it. Enjoy the hell out of days like yesterday - how good was it. I almost cried at full time I was so fricken happy with those results.

Politics are politics - do we watch the sport for that? Or do we watch the sport and our great team for rising against the odds types of moments like yesterday ! All I can say, is bring it on. Lots of changes happening going forward, and I'm excited to be a part of it.
Pfft - Jesus shouldn't coach Manly! He's unproven and never played for us!

Good post,very respectful, but this is how I and those who disagree strongly with the knife in the back feel

So you are a dendrophile Ryan :p

I am only concerned about Manly 2015 and feel that it is being rooted by the Suits. Hence my teenage Skyhooks ditty @:D

Next year, I will still happily support the Manly Team, just not renewing anything but my FC Membership - freedom of choice @:cool:

I would love to know the real and factual truth behind all of this. And not the truth that is percieved by each faction. It is such a Parramatta way to carry on with these factions. I really can't believe either side as I think they are both twisting the truth to suit thier own agendas. Toovey has been an NRMA board member previously so he is no stranger to board politics. If the Penn side even remotely believe that Toovey was behind all that garbage then that would suggest from day 1 there was never any intention to retain him. They have obviously set him on a course to failure this year but also made it known in the media that they have given him extra water bottles and excercise bikes so that it cant be said they didnt help him. Looks to me like the final nail in the FootballClub/Quantum/Delmege coffin.
Like Parra we now cut off our noses to spite our face. Well done to all involved! Muppets.
Yes, and if we were sitting in the top 4 there would be nothing to talk about.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10