If Toov's has been sacked in the media, A club great prior to the Penn's take over has hit a new low

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
These current clowns that own our great club don't know how to be honest with us fans and don't have a genuine bone in their body. How can they destroy a club they so greatly care about? How can they allow the grub Zorba to still be involved with our club? To get rid of Tooves and all the players in doing a "clean out" shows they bought with an agenda in mind.
I wish they would all just disappear and we could go back to the once great successful club we had which gave us the fans more of a say.

These current clowns that own our great club don't know how to be honest with us fans and don't have a genuine bone in their body. How can they destroy a club they so greatly care about? How can they allow the grub Zorba to still be involved with our club? To get rid of Tooves and all the players in doing a "clean out" shows they bought with an agenda in mind.
I wish they would all just disappear and we could go back to the once great successful club we had which gave us the fans more of a say.
You're right about them having an agenda. They want to win, they want to ensure we are not spoon contenders again next year.

You're right about them having an agenda. They want to win, they want to ensure we are not spoon contenders again next year.
While causing mass destruction in the process.
That's the agenda. They don't care if we win or lose.
They care about the profit, they care about $$.
As stated by their loyal brother in law on radio this morning.
Give the club back to the fans, let us decide what we want. We put bums on the seat and buy merchandise and memberships.

While causing mass destruction in the process.
That's the agenda. They don't care if we win or lose.
They care about the profit, they care about $$.
As stated by their loyal brother in law on radio this morning.
Give the club back to the fans, let us decide what we want. We put bums on the seat and buy merchandise and memberships.
What a load of rubbish. These guys have sunk millions into the club for more than a decade and never made a profit. They do it because they are passionate and love the place. They know that George Piggins was right, there is no money to be made owning an NRL club.

Once you have put in millions of your own money then you may understand their passion.

What a load of rubbish. These guys have sunk millions into the club for more than a decade and never made a profit. They do it because they are passionate and love the place. They know that George Piggins was right, there is no money to be made owning an NRL club.

Once you have put in millions of your own money then you may understand their passion.
Sunk millions...
No where near as much as was required to save our great club.

George Piggins didn't try and dismantle his club either. He brought them back to the league..

Passionate and love the place. Oh please. They don't know what passion or locality is. Funny that, not profiting.. The just sold off the leagues club land and made a huge profit! Manly is currently in a profitable situation so I'm not sure where your information is coming from..

Rugby League

Toovey's time up

Geoff Toovey may need his lawyers instead of his clipboard when he rocks up to the Eagles headquarters this week.

The board met on Thursday and there will be a move on Monday to make his exit official. After spilling blood for the Eagles as a great player, it will be his blood that is spilt, largely because he made a poor decision not to table an offer for his star back-rower Glenn Stewart more than 14 months ago.

It was the beginning of the end. Toovey didn't pick up enough from his coaching mentor and predecessor Des Hasler to always have his players' backs. That's not my opinion – it belongs to the players.

In not making an offer to Stewart, Toovey was seen to have sided with the then Quantum shareholders and the District Football Club representatives against the Penn family, who were great supporters of Stewart and wanted to retain him.

In short, Toovey backed the wrong side after being instructed by a board representative from Quantum not to make Stewart an offer. He immediately lost the support of elements of the senior playing group and has been battling to wrest it back.

Towards the end of the season the players wanted to give voting support to popular veteran volunteer Warwick Bulmer in the District Football Club election.

When Toovey found out, players were told not to vote. Again a misguided political decision for the District Football Club were running side by side with Quantum in a block vote against the only people with real money in the major shareholders, the Penn family.

Despite this the Penns backed Toovey with support from the time they claimed 90 per cent ownership with more coaching resources and a lifting of the money spent on the second-tier cap.

But it was made clear from the outset performances would matter. That was first raised with Toovey last October, in March and again more recently. Toovey insisted as late as last Wednesday on Fox Sports that he hasn't had his future discussed. That hasn't gone down well with the powers that be. Nor has the real possibility of the club's first wooden spoon.

Manly are already gathering a powerful looking side for next season under soon-to-be-announced coach Trent Barrett. Barrett has the support of two of the best brains in the game in Bob Fulton and Phil Gould. And he is confident of making a success of his new role with his luxurious south coast home up for sale for his move to the northern beaches.

Name a coach who could get to the top 4 with our injuries

I wonder how much of a say tooves had in recruitment pre the takeover (and what room there was in the cap etc) and how much ability he has had over the past 4 years to actually influence our depth

I have never once said i wont support this club. As you say Mark, the war has been won. I cant stop supporting this club it has attached itself to my DNA but I dont have to be happy with how they are conducting themselves. I fear for the future but i am also really really really happy for Barrett to make me look like a d ickhead. Just like people didnt like Jye Mullane, I wont like Barrett. Hated him as a player and I think he has had an over-rated and over-stated career with people blowing smoke up his ars e. As I said though i'm happy for him to win us a premiership and then I might like him.

The thing about the sacking of Toovey that sucks so much, is that he will be missed as a personality. Manly is a big family to me, and Toovey is a huge part of the enjoyment I get from supporting the club; I love seeing him in Manly colours still representing the club some 25 years after he debuted. He is part of the furniture, and he will be sorely missed as an entity in and around the club.

The thing about the sacking of Toovey that sucks so much, is that he will be missed as a personality. Manly is a big family to me, and Toovey is a huge part of the enjoyment I get from supporting the club; I love seeing him in Manly colours still representing the club some 25 years after he debuted. He is part of the furniture, and he will be sorely missed as an entity in and around the club.
I agree.I just love his passion for the club.Just look how excited he was on NRL360 the night after DCE back flipped.Hes not just the coach,he's a supporter too

Just like people didnt like Jye Mullane, I wont like Barrett. Hated him as a player and I think he has had an over-rated and over-stated career with people blowing smoke up his arse.

Much easier to blow smoke up someone's arse when they're in their jocks doing pushups on the bar at the local tavern. Proven fact.

You have a problem with clowns?

Has anyone seen Barrett's coaching record? 2 wins and 2 wooden spoons in city vs country

They aren't great stats

I think Barrett have won a NYC Premiership with Penrith. He has been assistant coach to Ivan Cleary. He is also been endorsed be Phil Gould and Bob Fulton.
I wish him the best and hope he succeeds.

I think Barrett have won a NYC Premiership with Penrith. He has been assistant coach to Ivan Cleary. He is also been endorsed be Phil Gould and Bob Fulton.
I wish him the best and hope he succeeds.
NYC with the choice of the best juniors in the country,what was the score 52-50?they don't even tackle

Gould has to be nice to him publicly and Fulton endorsed Peter Sharp so there's that

Also going on endorsements from others look at who Wayne Bennett endorsed

I think he will be a monumental failure

With the squad he'll have anything but a grand final appearance will be a total failure and I'll start the position to remove him

NYC with the choice of the best juniors in the country,what was the score 52-50?they don't even tackle

Gould has to be nice to him publicly and Fulton endorsed Peter Sharp so there's that

Also going on endorsements from others look at who Wayne Bennett endorsed

I think he will be a monumental failure

With the squad he'll have anything but a grand final appearance will be a total failure and I'll start the position to remove him

I guess that's the negative way of looking at it.

Whether you like it or not Trent Barrett will be Manly's coach next year. As a Manly fan I wish him the best and hope he lives up to the endorsements PHIL Gould and Bob Fulton have given him.

I tend to believe that 2V has been told many times, privately, that his services are not required next year but is playing the "nobody has informed me" card, and gaining great sympathy as a result.
What would you rather the club had done? Make an official announcement? I tend to believe that the club had 2V's best interests at heart by not going public early. It seems to have backfired. Certainly the club is being portrayed as the bad guys.
As a lifelong fan of the Sea Eagles I want a strong team, and have been spoilt over the past decade with such success. I'm prepared to give the owners the benefit of the doubt, at the moment, and that they, too, are doing their best to see the Eagles soar.
Time will tell, of course.
If Toovey knew he was being sacked, the club hadn't announcement it, but the news leaked, what should Toovey do when quizzed by the media? Confirm the sacking, refuse to answer the question or deny any knowledge? He is in a lose/lose/lose scenario. What would you do?

The real problem is not in Toovey's response. To me, Toovey picked the least worst response to the situation. The real problem is the leak.

Find the leak, find the problem.

So what - we won a whole bunch of games last year we had no business winning so our equal first finish was actually a myth. Did he or did he not lose the squad at the back end of last year?
How would the players even know what Toovey's recommendation on a contract offer to Gifty was? Unless there was a leak. A self-obsessed leaker? A leaker who vindictively wanted to damage Toovey's standing amongst the players?

Whether you agree with it or not, the decision to not offer Gifty a contract makes sense if the priority was seen as retaining Foz and Chez. Especially given Gifty's recent injury record. Hard decisions need to be made by coaches at times. Unpopular decisions.

If The great 2V had supported the great Gift and supported the Penn faction and not Quantum he would have the support of the Penns
The moral of the story is ......
Every club has boardroom politics and when the coach supports the wrong faction then he is fcked

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8