If Toov's has been sacked in the media, A club great prior to the Penn's take over has hit a new low

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hoping for the ban hammer is admitting i was right

I'll tell you the moment

Foran crowds Stewart ,ball goes to ground we don't score, Brisbane from there have no issue putting us down like a rabid dog

I don't understand? I thought I spoke English?!

All good mate, a bottle of appletons and a few hours sleep has me off the ball today lol, positive though is the Mrs 3 bottles of wine has hit her hard so I have the tv for the afternoon

Bottle of Appletons? Hahahhaa you Viper !!! Mate, forget the tele, three bottles of wine...nows the time to make some moves ;)

Fair enough. Maybe my stance was a bit harsh. Happy to concede a little. It just uoset me coming on, reading on FB and here that people will stop supporting the club.

You see, Ive experienced what its like to have a club you love dissolved from under you. I had no choice in it.

So when I read that people are choosing to dump the club we all love in Manly, I raged when probably I shouldn't.

Sorry @cherry_poppins
I am not dumping the club. I never will. I have "Unconditional Loyalty". But I will never support Barrett and I never will. Put simply I cant. He is untried, untested and not one of us and we have shafted a club legend who stuck solid with us through Northern Eagles, assistant coach roles and then took over and served us well after one of the darkest days in the clubs recent history, to give Barrett a go?? On the off chance he might go ok???? Why does he deserve a go over Toovey? Fans are only talking about giving up on the club because they don't know how else to express & communicate thier anger at managements complete and utter lack of respect for guy's like Toovey and Ballin. I could care less about the Horo's etc but it is how we treat former champions of our club that matters to me. As that will be our lasting legacy not 3 years of mediocre results with Barrett. Just like losing Glenn turned out to be a mistake so will the losing of Toovey and the instsllation of Barrett. I support Manly and the players but Barrett will never have my support.

People said the same things when Bellamy went to Melbourne. When an untried Roosters and Souths coaches were given a shot.

What's this mentality.

Give him a go at least????

Didn't the club tell Fulton to piss off? Didn't they tell Fatty he didn't fit? Noel Cleal felt he needed to leave. Des Hasler and the club fell out?

Fact is, long before Scott and Rick Penn, this club of our was renowned for having management problems. Heck, we have an enigma of succeeding despite all that.

Hoping Barrett fails, means hoping we lose games. Sorry @cherry_poppins I just won't and can't think that way, no matter who and what plays or owns our club.

Before we assassinate the new regime, can't we at least give it a go guys?

The Roosters sacked their coach, told Wing to look elsewhere, Crocker he was too much to deal with, Fitzgibbon and Rickertson retired ..... and huge change happened. Look at them now.

Give it a go at least guys. Have an open mind. But most of all, support the club, the players who want to be here, and whoever the coach is.

Never know, happier times may be ahead. Maybe people are upset for no good reason.

Remember, your potentially turning your back on guys like Tom and Jake Trbojevic, Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, Jamie Buhrer and a host of others.

Is that what you want? Not me..come hell or high water, this club is mine until I depart this world, and even then, hopefully I can look down gameday from wherever I end up.

People are disagreeing with me. I'm happy to be on my own tbh uf it means I'm continuing to support our club, especially financially.
My thoughts is the current owners on the basis of all this being true is that this isn't Manly

As a club i can't remember a time when we sneakily knifed our own on such a regular basis

This has gone from being our club to being The Penn RLFC in the blink of an eye

Being their club and not our manly i don't feel as if i should help them with my part of the bill, they want to run the club in this cowardly way they can pay for it

Again I'm holding no ill will towards yourself or anyone who disagrees, i just think if it's their club where they hold these grudges and knife loyal men in the back is they can pay for the privilege of being able to knife those who've given large parts of their lives for this club

Look change is inevitable, but the way some things are being done leaves you shaking your head. I will still always support the club 1000% though

People said the same things when Bellamy went to Melbourne. When an untried Roosters and Souths coaches were given a shot.

What's this mentality.

Give him a go at least????

They had some kind of pedigree. Bellamy was Bennetts rh man for 10 years, Robinson was the brains behind the Roosters 2010 success and improved Catalan Dragons. Maguire was Bellamys assistant and took Wigan from the cellar to super league champs. What has Barrett done? Apart from enjoying undeserved media & selector love. He is a myth. He will join the ranks of other coaches pulled from obscurity like:
Matt Elliot
Ivan Henjak
David Furner
Andrew McFadden
Jason Taylor
Brad Arthur

at the end of the day it is what it is, im not happy about it, neither are most of you. whos to say that Barret wont be the next Bellamy / Hasler or Bennet!!!!!! you never know If he is coaching my team , as much as I hate it , you have no choice but to back him and our team. Its not in his best interests to make us fail. We make players, why not start making coaches as well

Penn and Kelly will be a bit miffed that we had such a strong gutsy win just before they wanted to announce Tooves is sacked.

How much easier it would've been for them if we lost as they probably expected.

They'll be squirming in their seats during their press conference in the next couple of days...assuming they will still announce it like the media stated.

What we have is a team game. Combinations built over time that gives you a shot at a Premiership. What we have at Manly is the complete pissing away of that logic. Gone are 14 players (actually more with Sao and others leaving), the coach, all the support staff and somehow this is logic? I can't see it.

This club is still driven by petty jealousies that go back a very long way. Some old timers who look for every opportunity to drive a knife in. While that culture continues then as fans we are in for a miserable time and for years. I'm very disappointed what has happened. Almost 50 years of support from me and this is a big low.

I am not dumping the club. I never will. I have "Unconditional Loyalty". But I will never support Barrett and I never will. Put simply I cant. He is untried, untested and not one of us and we have shafted a club legend who stuck solid with us through Northern Eagles, assistant coach roles and then took over and served us well after one of the darkest days in the clubs recent history, to give Barrett a go?? On the off chance he might go ok???? Why does he deserve a go over Toovey? Fans are only talking about giving up on the club because they don't know how else to express & communicate thier anger at managements complete and utter lack of respect for guy's like Toovey and Ballin. I could care less about the Horo's etc but it is how we treat former champions of our club that matters to me. As that will be our lasting legacy not 3 years of mediocre results with Barrett. Just like losing Glenn turned out to be a mistake so will the losing of Toovey and the instsllation of Barrett. I support Manly and the players but Barrett will never have my support.
Don't be too harsh on Barrett. When Hasler came in to coach he had no coaching experience whatsoever. Belamy was an assistant to Bennett whilst Maguire was an assistant to him at the Storm and Robinson was an assistant to Brian Smith at the Roosters. They all seem to have done something right.

Personally I believe Barrett will do okay if not better. Both Bozo and Gould have big wraps on him and I am sure the powers that be at Manly would have seriously taken into consideration the poor performance of past Manly coaches who were not former players of this club.

Besides, what's not to say Barrett becomes the next modern day Hasler, Robinson, Belamy or Maguire and guides Manly to its 9th premiership. If he doesn't then I am sure the prodigal son will come home.

Look change is inevitable, but the way some things are being done leaves you shaking your head. I will still always support the club 1000% though
What you really mean is the ways things are being done according to the Daily Telegraph, the antithesis of accuracy and honesty.

Barrett deserves a chance, before being judged.
But respect is earnt, not given freely.

Toovey has earnt respect, and deserves better than this media frenzy.
I will support Barrett until results and his decisions show me he no longer deserves it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10