If Toov's has been sacked in the media, A club great prior to the Penn's take over has hit a new low

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well by my calculations we have about 15-17 players signed for 2016.

It's going to make for a VERY lean year , first set of injuries we get we won't be able to even field a side!!

I assume we must have some others to be signed , wonder if they'll bother announcing those ??

When did we have Brisbane on the ropes? Didn't they beat us by 40?

I haven't read the terms and conditions for a while. Has the swearing policy been relaxed? If so, I might start throwing some in the mix.
Hoping for the ban hammer is admitting i was right

I'll tell you the moment

Foran crowds Stewart ,ball goes to ground we don't score, Brisbane from there have no issue putting us down like a rabid dog

This management seem like they could be owners on "Ramsays Rugby League Club Nightmares" the equivalent of a couple of business men that like drinking so they have bought a bar/restaurant but have never worked in hospitality and have zero idea of what they are doing.

They are using ruthless business tactics that aren't relevant to small tribal RL clubs to try and turn the club around. These tactics are used by the mega-rich, "powerful brand" clubs like Manchester United these are clubs that we will never be. They are stupidly ignoring dyed in the wool "LOYAL" fans. Even though it is a business, 100% of this clubs revenue comes from unconditional "LOYALTY" something that does not usually feature in big business tactics. The unconditional loyalty comes from fans that have no idea why they spend money to support a club; they just just do. What they are also ignorant to, is the fact that this club is hated so much that if half of the current fans walk, we just won't generate new fan's easily. We don't pick up many new fan's even when we win comps. This is because we are so hated that fathers would literally dis-own their sons and encourage them to avoid supporting Manly. This will not change, so if you piss off the current loyal fans, when they walk you will be left with a whole lot of nothing and plenty of other teams fans ready to laugh, sink the boot and piss on our grave.

We have been given nothing from the NRL, Governments or anyone else from day one. We get no nice home ground stadium upgrades no media darling status. Everything we have is born from our own blood and sweat. We have nothing else to pride ourself on in this club but a hard edged winning culture that was the envy of all our rivals. It was built and forged by a respect for each other and the fact that our players were the exception and may have played for less money but loved and played for each other and the club, we rarely panicked and never booted coaches mid term especially not club legends that helped us get through our darkest times. We most of the time (barring Fatty) moved on our club legend players with respect and we always had each others back.

But! In one foul season the "New" club management has decided all that made us great must now be erased for some pipe dream that you buy a couple of ageing players and a rookie coach and you win comps. Well I have news for you Penn & Peters di ckheads. That ditch loyalty cleanout model has not worked for the Raiders or Parra or Penrith need I go on. We had no business winning premierships with the money our club generates. The only reason we got to premiership glory and anywhere near those lofty heights, was that we had a culture which was the envy of every other club. Now thanks to you gutless moron's it is gone! It shows just how loyal our fans are to the Manly cause that even when it looks like we could come last, we fan's still demand that our coach be allowed to see out his contract and we probably would have put up with the average performances for another year to allow our club legend and coach to see out his tenure or resign himself if he felt he wasn't right.

You lot have acted like complete gutless BAS TARDS when it has come to moving Toovey on, and your ignorance and dis-respect on the example you are setting by signing Ballin and then allowing speculation to circulate he is not wanted, reeks of incompetence and ignorance! Of course there will be players that will be moved on in the current squad as we have amassed an amazing array of discards from rubbish clubs and players that haven't developed the way the should have. We aren't that stupid to realise that some need to go. But for the love of God, show some bloody respect to a guy like Ballin. He may not be the player he was 5 years ago who won us competitions, but he sure as hell isn't even remotely the reason we are struggling.

I am disgusted with the dis-respect and disdain that this administration has shown toward the "Manly Culture" and I will not support Trent Barrett at all whilst he is at Manly. He was a mediocre player that enjoyed completely un-deserved media support. The blind selection of Barrett and his cronies into NSW Origin sides was the beginning of the NSW rot. If reports are true and he thinks wiping the Manly culture clean is going to improve our club, well he has already failed before he has begun.

P.S. Bozo if you really are behind all this I am devastated and disappointed in you.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/geoff-toovey-drama-what-happened-in-the-sea-eagles-boardroom/story-fngr8iii-1227455731408

Geoff Toovey drama: What happened in the Sea Eagles boardroom

• JON GEDDES
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JULY 24, 2015 2:54PM

IT was one of the toughest board meetings in the history of the Sea Eagles.

And the upshot is that it will probably lead to the departure of one of the club’s favourite sons Geoff Toovey from the position of head coach for 2016 being formalised

When board members Rick Penn, Scott Penn, Heather Penn, Peter Peters, Kerry Chrysilious, Bob Stevenson and Julie Sibraa gathered at the club’s Narrabeen headquarters at 3.30pm on Thursday afternoon, one of the items on the agenda was the coaching situation.

The meeting in the inner sanctum lasted over four hours and a bit less than an hour was taken up on the subject of the coach.

story-fngr8iii-1227455731408

The situation regarding Toovey has been ongoing and there had to be a resolution as the speculation showed no signs of abating.

Board members were told that the club was having their worst season in a decade, have won eight of their last 24 games, were running nearly last in the NRL and second last in the NSW Cup.

They were told that just wasn’t good enough for a club like Manly.

There was plenty of robust discussion and no one in the room got any pleasure from what transpired.

The two board members representing the district club, Stevenson and Sibraa, wanted Toovey to be retained next year.

At the meeting the management indicated that club co-owner Scott Penn and chief executive offer Joe Kelly would meet with Toovey on Monday after his return from New Zealand.

It was an appointment that had already been scheduled but now takes on far greater significance.

On Monday it is expected details will be finalised for Toovey to finish as head coach at the end of this season even though he still has another year to run on his contract.

Toovey will not be removed before the end of this season. That is not the Manly way and they would not treat a club icon in that way.

He will be replaced by Penrith assistant coach Trent Barrett on a three-year deal and that will be formally announced shortly.

Toovey is New Zealand preparing Manly for this afternoon’s game with the Warriors and was aware of the media reports regarding his future yesterday morning.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/geoff-toovey-drama-what-happened-in-the-sea-eagles-boardroom/story-fngr8iii-1227455731408

Geoff Toovey drama: What happened in the Sea Eagles boardroom

• JON GEDDES
  • MANLY DAILY
  • JULY 24, 2015 2:54PM

IT was one of the toughest board meetings in the history of the Sea Eagles.

And the upshot is that it will probably lead to the departure of one of the club’s favourite sons Geoff Toovey from the position of head coach for 2016 being formalised

When board members Rick Penn, Scott Penn, Heather Penn, Peter Peters, Kerry Chrysilious, Bob Stevenson and Julie Sibraa gathered at the club’s Narrabeen headquarters at 3.30pm on Thursday afternoon, one of the items on the agenda was the coaching situation.

The meeting in the inner sanctum lasted over four hours and a bit less than an hour was taken up on the subject of the coach.

story-fngr8iii-1227455731408

The situation regarding Toovey has been ongoing and there had to be a resolution as the speculation showed no signs of abating.

Board members were told that the club was having their worst season in a decade, have won eight of their last 24 games, were running nearly last in the NRL and second last in the NSW Cup.

They were told that just wasn’t good enough for a club like Manly.

There was plenty of robust discussion and no one in the room got any pleasure from what transpired.

The two board members representing the district club, Stevenson and Sibraa, wanted Toovey to be retained next year.

At the meeting the management indicated that club co-owner Scott Penn and chief executive offer Joe Kelly would meet with Toovey on Monday after his return from New Zealand.

It was an appointment that had already been scheduled but now takes on far greater significance.

On Monday it is expected details will be finalised for Toovey to finish as head coach at the end of this season even though he still has another year to run on his contract.

Toovey will not be removed before the end of this season. That is not the Manly way and they would not treat a club icon in that way.

He will be replaced by Penrith assistant coach Trent Barrett on a three-year deal and that will be formally announced shortly.

Toovey is New Zealand preparing Manly for this afternoon’s game with the Warriors and was aware of the media reports regarding his future yesterday morning.
I say again, the only villain in all of this is the leak.

We need change. If one solitary fan says they will drop the club, or even threaten to, then I say you were never a fan, and should just piss off, and not let the door hit you on the way out.

But please, do the fans that remain a favour, and just shut the **** up on the way out, we don't want to hear your whingeing.

We need change, and I'm glad the power brokers like Fulton, Kelly and others see it as well.

Well done Manly. This is why you are my club. Winners...and do what you must to make it so.

We need change. If one solitary fan says they will drop the club, or even threaten to, then I say you were never a fan, and should just piss off, and not let the door hit you on the way out.

But please, do the fans that remain a favour, and just shut the **** up on the way out, we don't want to hear your whingeing.

We need change, and I'm glad the power brokers like Fulton, Kelly and others see it as well.

Well done Manly. This is why you are my club. Winners...and do what you must to make it so.
Translation

I hate Toovey and I'm the best fan eva

Translation

I hate Toovey and I'm the best fan eva

Translation, the club will do what it will do. Be a fan, or piss off you dimwit. No go back to hating on Hiku and everyone else you moron.

Youve now lost me as a supporter of yours when others are tearing you a new one, like I do.

It is clear that we need change. The last 18 months has been soul destroying for many at the club. The reality is that a coach is judged by results but anyone who is fair minded that it would not have mattered what coach we had that nothing was going to stop this train wreck that has unfolded and it all comes down to the governance of our club, that is the most telling thing to come out of this!

The club is an unprofessional rabble. It deserves fools like you.

It is clear that we need change. The last 18 months has been soul destroying for many at the club. The reality is that a coach is judged by results but anyone who is fair minded that it would not have mattered what coach we had that nothing was going to stop this train wreck that has unfolded and it all comes down to the governance of our club, that is the most telling thing to come out of this!

True, but to simplify that for us, The Eagles are The Eagles no matter who coaches or plays.

We just need to support the club despite everything else.

I was pretty angry reading that fans would quit the club if Toovey is sacked.

Poor form. Hey, I really dislike the choices Foran has made, but I still support the club when he plays.

Can't keep everyone happy 100% of the time.

The club is an unprofessional rabble. It deserves fools like you.

If the club is an unprofessional rabble, why are you here? Go away, and support someone else.

Yes, the club does deserve me. Been a paying season ticket holder from day one, and provider of potential corporate sponsorship, and organizer of the 10 thousand signature petition to upgrade Brookie that the club took to the government - you?

Honestly, list what you have done for the club, except deride them right now when they need our support?

I'm excited about the changes. How you like them apples? I reckon Fulton will reshape us like a machine. I will give Barrett a red hot go.

True, but to simplify that for us, The Eagles are The Eagles no matter who coaches or plays.

Poor form. Hey, I really dislike the choices Foran has made, but I still support the club when he plays.

I will never stop supporting the club or tear up my membership but I do want to see a club that is together and free of this endless conflict. We need everyone on the same song sheet and the leaks that are so damaging have to cease.

I will never stop supporting the club or tear up my membership but I do want to see a club that is together and free of this endless conflict. We need everyone on the same song sheet and the leaks that are so damaging have to cease.

Well said. I guess these changes are hopefully going to make that happen.

If the club is an unprofessional rabble, why are you here? Go away, and support someone else.

Yes, the club does deserve me. Been a paying season ticket holder from day one, and provider of potential corporate sponsorship, and organizer of the 10 thousand signature petition to upgrade Brookie that the club took to the government - you?

Honestly, list what you have done for the club, except deride them right now when they need our support?

I'm excited about the changes. How you like them apples? I reckon Fulton will reshape us like a machine. I will give Barrett a red hot go.

I think its great to see so much passion on this site and everyone expressing their ideas, frustrations and opinions. Lets all remember though the thing we share in common, the thing we believe in and support through thick and thin - MWSE

Everyone tries to do what they can, whether its as little as copping **** at work, yelling your lungs out at brookie or organising thousands of signatures.

ITs been an utterly outrageous season and past 18 months or so.

The club is changing.

We have lost some of what made us unique, some of what made us MANLY - whether you call it culture or whatever - something has been lost and it may take a long long time to get it back if at all.

To say its been frustrating for the fans, players and of course GT is a massive understatement but obviously we ALL want the same thing - for the Eagles to soar so the thing to remember is that we have to stick together - look at the example of Geoff Toovey (regardless of whether you believe he should stay or go) the man has shown not only is he one of the toughest players to don the maroon and white BUT he has grace too (GUTS under pressure).

The leaks, the politics, the backstabbing the BS, the karma, the lack of action - all of that we can't control but we can control how we respect one another and the hope that whatever happens over the next few months things will eventually one day start to get better.

Manly has faced great adversity in the past and it really tested us all but we stuck through it, the same thing needs to happen here and now otherwise we really will run the risk of becoming "just another rabble club"

we are better than that, unfortunately things at the top level are being handled very differently, the treatment of Ballin and Toovey has been inexcusable - we still need to do what these two continue to do though, support the team and do our best and hope we can beat the Warriors in NZ!

I totally understand what you are saying about Manly is Manly ,& always supporting just that.

The majority of the fans understand that .And there lies the problem ,Many fans are not happy with the current hierachy & the way they carry themselves & do business,and rightly so.

We are fans of Manly & there is always going to be a pack mentality when dealings are close to our hearts.Its nature.

I think its great to see so much passion on this site and everyone expressing their ideas, frustrations and opinions. Lets all remember though the thing we share in common, the thing we believe in and support through thick and thin - MWSE

Everyone tries to do what they can, whether its as little as copping **** at work, yelling your lungs out at brookie or organising thousands of signatures.

ITs been an utterly outrageous season and past 18 months or so.

The club is changing.

We have lost some of what made us unique, some of what made us MANLY - whether you call it culture or whatever - something has been lost and it may take a long long time to get it back if at all.

To say its been frustrating for the fans, players and of course GT is a massive understatement but obviously we ALL want the same thing - for the Eagles to soar so the thing to remember is that we have to stick together - look at the example of Geoff Toovey (regardless of whether you believe he should stay or go) the man has shown not only is he one of the toughest players to don the maroon and white BUT he has grace too (GUTS under pressure).

The leaks, the politics, the backstabbing the BS, the karma, the lack of action - all of that we can't control but we can control how we respect one another and the hope that whatever happens over the next few months things will eventually one day start to get better.

Manly has faced great adversity in the past and it really tested us all but we stuck through it, the same thing needs to happen here and now otherwise we really will run the risk of becoming "just another rabble club"

we are better than that, unfortunately things at the top level are being handled very differently, the treatment of Ballin and Toovey has been inexcusable - we still need to do what these two continue to do though, support the team and do our best and hope we can beat the Warriors in NZ!

Great post mate. I really hope we galvanize today, and tear them (sorry @Kiwi Eagle) a new one :)

Very well written piece.

I totally understand what you are saying about Manly is Manly ,& always supporting just that.

The majority of the fans understand that .And there lies the problem ,Many fans are not happy with the current hierachy & the way they carry themselves & do business,and rightly so.

We are fans of Manly & there is always going to be a pack mentality when dealings are close to our hearts.Its nature.

Fair enough. Maybe my stance was a bit harsh. Happy to concede a little. It just uoset me coming on, reading on FB and here that people will stop supporting the club.

You see, Ive experienced what its like to have a club you love dissolved from under you. I had no choice in it.

So when I read that people are choosing to dump the club we all love in Manly, I raged when probably I shouldn't.

Sorry @cherry_poppins

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8