If Toov's has been sacked in the media, A club great prior to the Penn's take over has hit a new low

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its a public forum ,if we all had same opinions it would be a bit boring.
Its always good to call out the turd burglars occasionally though !!

Just remember guys, these "clowns" that people are calling, are paying the clubs bills & players right now. How would people feel, if these inept, unprofessional so called hopeless owners pulled out all together?

There would be nothing to complain about, because there would BE no club. Would people be satisfied then?

People are complaining about those providing them with a club/hobby to support in the first place.

Just remember guys, these "clowns" that people are calling, are paying the clubs bills & players right now. How would people feel, if these inept, unprofessional so called hopeless owners pulled out all together?

There would be nothing to complain about, because there would BE no club. Would people be satisfied then?

People are complaining about those providing them with a club/hobby to support in the first place.

This has been a thought running through my head. I'd rather this club fold and have its history/legacy immortalised than have it turn to **** and function like Parramatta. This club is a massive part of me but I could live without it.

But I'm willing to give management a chance to see what their plan is and what they can do. Just like they should have given Toovey a chance instead of being a basket case.

Further to this, would people rather a 5 year rebuild that turns into 10 or Bozo's 6 month knock down/rebuild? As they say "short term pain, long term gain"...

I think the majority of us think it's time for a change. However, the Penns know nothing of honor or compassion. Washing there dirty linen in public before they have addressed the players an staff is very poor man management. Youd have to think twice before signing to play under the penns. I don't know how the likes of Kelly can show their two faces in public.

Translation, the club will do what it will do. Be a fan, or piss off you dimwit. No go back to hating on Hiku and everyone else you moron.

Youve now lost me as a supporter of yours when others are tearing you a new one, like I do.
I'm just saying you hate the guy so you'll be glad to see him gone, if Barrett takes over I'll hope he fails miserably

I've followed this club since the day i was born and will follow it till the day i die

Toovey was who drew me from a casual to hard core as a

You have been death riding Toovey since he became head coach because you hate him, I'll be doing the same to Barrett because he's a little man and a little bitch who is a poor fit for the club, if he wins a premiership it'll be because he inherited a good team from a great coach

Now I'm deciding that I'm not going to put up my hard earned to financially support the club, it does not mean that I'll stop loving the club, my issue is the pathetic current administration who knifed Glenn Stewart,Brent Kite and Geoff Toovey in the back,3 Clive Churchill medalists for this very club

Once this administration makes amends for these injustices my financial support will come back, my hope is that they leave selling the club to owners without the petty self interests or if and when the club is viable as a stand alone entity do as Max had planned and slip out the door without the fanfare,but that's unimaginable from this weasel

This has been a hatchet job since day one of these so called people being outright owners and i have a right to be both pissed off and heartbroken

As for yourself other than a difference of opinion on one manly man i have no issues with you, you might not be a cradle to graver like myself but that doesn't exclude you from having the same passion for the club

Viva la revolution

Yes, no one likes supporting a losing team and change is not just inevitable but often for the better. But it's not always for the better, and when it's done in such a kamikaze slash-and-burn fashion, it's rarely for the better. As others have pointed out, why do we want to emulate clubs like the mighty Eels, Raiders and Panthers? Are they genuine premiership contenders right now? Are they likely to be in the near future?
Unless you're the Roosters or Bulldogs and can ship players in and out as you see fit, change takes time. Teams need time together to bond and gel; to care about playing for each other. The way our illustrious owners are going about things right now, they're undermining not just the coaching staff and the players, but the traditions and values of the club as well. And they've been doing it since before the season even started.
I really hope it's all because they're just bumbling, incompetent fools. The alternative is to believe that they're doing it on purpose - dragging the club down so that supporters will accept anything they dish up in the name of change as a positive.

Didn't the club tell Fulton to piss off? Didn't they tell Fatty he didn't fit? Noel Cleal felt he needed to leave. Des Hasler and the club fell out?

Fact is, long before Scott and Rick Penn, this club of our was renowned for having management problems. Heck, we have an enigma of succeeding despite all that.

Hoping Barrett fails, means hoping we lose games. Sorry @cherry_poppins I just won't and can't think that way, no matter who and what plays or owns our club.

Before we assassinate the new regime, can't we at least give it a go guys?

The Roosters sacked their coach, told Wing to look elsewhere, Crocker he was too much to deal with, Fitzgibbon and Rickertson retired ..... and huge change happened. Look at them now.

Give it a go at least guys. Have an open mind. But most of all, support the club, the players who want to be here, and whoever the coach is.

Never know, happier times may be ahead. Maybe people are upset for no good reason.

Remember, your potentially turning your back on guys like Tom and Jake Trbojevic, Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, Jamie Buhrer and a host of others.

Is that what you want? Not me..come hell or high water, this club is mine until I depart this world, and even then, hopefully I can look down gameday from wherever I end up.

People are disagreeing with me. I'm happy to be on my own tbh uf it means I'm continuing to support our club, especially financially.

I can see their plan, yes it's an almost total clean out ( as happened at the Panfers) and probably long term it's going to be good for the team, wether it's with a non Manly coach or in the not too distant future one of our own.

But it's the way it's being done that has me shaking my head!!

I will never stop supporting the club or tear up my membership but I do want to see a club that is together and free of this endless conflict. We need everyone on the same song sheet and the leaks that are so damaging have to cease.
Ryan I always acknowledge and respect your passion but the other day you called our incumbent coach gutless....what same song sheet did that come from !

Ryan I always acknowledge and respect your passion but the other day you called our incumbent coach gutless....what same song sheet did that come from !

And it shows with Tom playing NYC today. There's a vast difference in critisizing form and decisions on the playing group, and throwing the toys out of the cot, and suggesting I'm not supporting the club anymore, and giving them no more money.

If you can't or don't see the difference in that, well I'm sorry. There's not much more I can say to convince you?

You see a difference yeah? That's the different song sheet. Do you agree?

Yes the club has been a shambles at board level for a long time now, but it only really started affecting on field results about 12 months ago.

Maybe Des was better at shielding the players, or maybe he wasn't constantly being undermined and maybe nobody was leaking board info with the aim of splitting the playing group.

I hear what you are saying Ryan and you could well be correct. Unfortunately I've become so sceptical I'm very doubtful Toovey is being given the autonomy to make his own selections.

Didn't the club tell Fulton to piss off? Didn't they tell Fatty he didn't fit? Noel Cleal felt he needed to leave. Des Hasler and the club fell out?

Fact is, long before Scott and Rick Penn, this club of our was renowned for having management problems. Heck, we have an enigma of succeeding despite all that.

Hoping Barrett fails, means hoping we lose games. Sorry @cherry_poppins I just won't and can't think that way, no matter who and what plays or owns our club.

Before we assassinate the new regime, can't we at least give it a go guys?

The Roosters sacked their coach, told Wing to look elsewhere, Crocker he was too much to deal with, Fitzgibbon and Rickertson retired ..... and huge change happened. Look at them now.

Give it a go at least guys. Have an open mind. But most of all, support the club, the players who want to be here, and whoever the coach is.

Never know, happier times may be ahead. Maybe people are upset for no good reason.

Remember, your potentially turning your back on guys like Tom and Jake Trbojevic, Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, Jamie Buhrer and a host of others.

Is that what you want? Not me..come hell or high water, this club is mine until I depart this world, and even then, hopefully I can look down gameday from wherever I end up.

People are disagreeing with me. I'm happy to be on my own tbh uf it means I'm continuing to support our club, especially financially.

I wont be turning my back on the club and of course I also hope for better days ahead but it doesn't mean that I have to like the way that a club legend has been treated. The sacking of Tooves through the media this year has been amazingly gutless and shows very poor and weak leadership and a lack of respect from the top. In a professional organisation with a good culture this wouldn't happen. It just reinforces my view that we have total amateurs leading the joint. Someone should be held accountable for this. Yep, it's a results driven business and Tooves might deserve to be moved on after the results of the past 12 months but not the way he has.

In 12 months time hopefully we will be at the top of the ladder and have moved on from the disastrous last two years. Time will tell? I will be happy with if we are. However, I still wont accept that the way the shafting of Tooves was done was justified. He deserves better I reckon the club has lost through this and part of what I love about Manly has also dimmed a bit.

**** ZORBA

Yes the club has been a shambles at board level for a long time now, but it only really started affecting on field results about 12 months ago.

Maybe Des was better at shielding the players, or maybe he wasn't constantly being undermined and maybe nobody was leaking board info with the aim of splitting the playing group.

Not to forget it being a younger team and having the added bonus of a fit Glenn Stewart, Watmough , Kite and King....take 4 rep forwards out of any team and I'm pretty sure you will see a decline in the teams winning percentage.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8