incredibly signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shane link said:
Hmmmm Baz,i have a strange feeling i know who you are
If im correct your source would be royalty :)

Your source is royalty?  Is that King - Jason King?  Is he your source?

Jason told me that it is all bull**** and cronk won't be here next year.  But orford will. 

Mark from Brisbane link said:
28, 21, 30, 31......FUK I am old as I am well past any of those numbers

BUT

Not as old as DSM as I am led to believe?

I have one consolation outa all of these whipper-snappers - you're older than me Mark :D

BAZ link said:
ok its not confirmed but I hear from an excellent source we are going to get Cooper Cronk.
lets not hear anything but positivity please - he's a great player

Doubtful. It would be fine if we did but I seriously seriously doubt it. In which case I call your bluff.

Didn't the CEO just say the other day we aren't in the market for any of the Storm players. So he was lying ???? No chance of getting Cronk.

I think that Lowe should have said " We are currently trying to slip under the notice of the Storm and sign Cronk, Slater, Smith and Inglis, and attempt to fool the salary cap commisioner in the process, but please don't tell anyone or we might get into trouble or get gazumped by another club."

Makes sense doesn't it???

Canteen Worker link said:
I think that Lowe should have said \" We are currently trying to slip under the notice of the Storm and sign Cronk, Slater, Smith and Inglis, and attempt to fool the salary cap commisioner in the process, but please don't tell anyone or we might get into trouble or get gazumped by another club.\"

I can't remember the last big big name we signed from another club. Probably Jamie Lyon. Few seasons back now.

Lyon was the last big name for sure. Orford, Kite, Kennedy and Bell were bought as big names - Tony Williams was bought as a boom youngster though not many would call him a big name.

We have done well buying unwanted footballers or those needing a change of scenery. Shane Rodney, Joe Guluvao, Perry (in 2008), L'Estrange, Michael Robertson, Mark Bryant, Wolfman, Farrar, Matt Cross, George Rose are examples.

Mix this with longer term Sea Eagles like  Choc and Jason King, with some bought as youngsters such as Ballin, the Stewarts etc and the new rookies coming through the system like Young Hoppa, Foran, Whare and there is quite a good balance if you ask me.

You're right CW. We dont seem to end up with as many duds as we used to 6 - 8 years ago.

If theres one thing Manly does better than any other footy club its turn average players into solid or above average players.

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=184216.msg277554#msg277554 date=1279803868]
I think that Lowe should have said \" We are currently trying to slip under the notice of the Storm and sign Cronk, Slater, Smith and Inglis, and attempt to fool the salary cap commisioner in the process, but please don't tell anyone or we might get into trouble or get gazumped by another club.\"

I can't remember the last big big name we signed from another club. Probably Jamie Lyon. Few seasons back now.

[/quote]

Who was the CEO for that signing, Jerry?

Jerry1 link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=184216.msg277554#msg277554 date=1279803868]

[/quote]

Tony Williams?

Rusty link said:
[quote author=Jerry1 link=topic=184216.msg277560#msg277560 date=1279804527]

[/quote]

Tony Williams?
[/quote]

not really a big name more like a big human

Flip link said:
You're right CW. We dont seem to end up with as many duds as we used to 6 - 8 years ago.

If theres one thing Manly does better than any other footy club its turn average players into solid or above average players.

What do you mean.....
Shipway, Cleal, Winter we have had some greats, they were just in the wrong era hahahaha

I remember when I used to be happy that Shipway came on the field because some of the others went off, that is how bad things were

Seaeagle63 link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184216.msg277418#msg277418 date=1279780741]
I am 28 so older than me because I am one of the young guys

Bloody puppies the lot of you
[/quote]

rooof rooof grrrrr

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8