incredibly signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
Earlier on it was also reported that the nrl would not count payments that Melbourne have to pay for players they let go to other clubs. So we could pick up Cronkite for less storm foot part of the bill and don't get cap charges for it

The Inglis deal is setting the standard for that. This $20k differential they are talking about in terms of that deal is surely all about who gets away with paying what to alleviate the storms pains.

Jatz Crackers link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184216.msg277815#msg277815 date=1279876336]
Earlier on it was also reported that the nrl would not count payments that Melbourne have to pay for players they let go to other clubs. So we could pick up Cronkite for less storm foot part of the bill and don't get cap charges for it

The Inglis deal is setting the standard for that. This $20k differential they are talking about in terms of that deal is surely all about who gets away with paying what to alleviate the storms pains.
[/quote]

The Titans are about to make a big offer to Inglis and are meeting his manager next week.

DUFFMAN link said:
[quote author=Jatz Crackers link=topic=184216.msg277872#msg277872 date=1279890803]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=184216.msg277815#msg277815 date=1279876336]

[/quote]

The Titans are about to make a big offer to Inglis and are meeting his manager next week.
[/quote]

It was already announced on the Footy show last night that GI has already signed with Broncos lol

In regards to forwards, I agree, we need one or more. I'd love a shot at Jeremy Smith, or Sam Thaiday (the latter probably costing too much).

We need a tall hard running backrower/prop. We have Rodney and Stewart they are the hard working tradesman type. Choc the enforcer when he's on that is.One of those giant Canberra Raider dudes would do. We need a Shillington/Tilse/Leroyd Lars type.

i`ll tell you who told me since he has nothing to do with the club... funny thing i recieve a phone call from some guy wanting to sell me a case of wine apparently i did some survey on the net & thats how he got my name & number, well any way after i told him i wasnt interested & had i won the yrs supply of wine i would have just given to me sister anyway as i will only drink wine once the beer runs out..  we got to talking about other things, when he mentioned he was calling from newcastle i said  i follow manly , then he tells me he played for manly just couldnt crack a first grade spot because phil blake rick chisolm & some one else were keeping him out of 1st grade so he was a bench warmer & played under 23`s for us in 82..we talked about a few other things & as we were ending the convo  he says we should be stronger next yr with cronk in the side i said what & he repeats it, i drill him a bit more & he is adamant we are getting him, i still laughed it off but..

woah Pontian
back off bud
thats uncalled for
idiots?
sorry?
did you really type that?
I suggest you pull your head in
comment constructively or piss off

If Melbourne were smart, they'd not just release players, but trade them ALA the NHL. Example:-

Cronk is on contract. Melbourne contact Manly, who say have a very cheap William Hopoate. They say, release Hoppa to us (just an example of a player), or say Daley Cherry-Evans & Dean Whare , and we'll let you have Cooper Cronk, but on the understanding you are to pay his full rights going forward.

Their cap hit would reduce, they fill spots, and Manly get their man.

jjai link said:
i`ll tell you who told me since he has nothing to do with the club... funny thing i receive a phone call from some guy wanting to sell me a case of wine apparently i did some survey on the net & that's how he got my name & number, well any way after i told him i wasn't interested & had i won the yrs supply of wine i would have just given to me sister anyway as i will only drink wine once the beer runs out..  we got to talking about other things, when he mentioned he was calling from newcastle i said  i follow manly , then he tells me he played for manly just couldnt crack a first grade spot because phil blake rick chisolm & some one else were keeping him out of 1st grade so he was a bench warmer & played under 23`s for us in 82..we talked about a few other things & as we were ending the convo  he says we should be stronger next yr with cronk in the side i said what & he repeats it, i drill him a bit more & he is adamant we are getting him, i still laughed it off but..
jjai, You seem to have a fair friendship with the Stewart family.
Do you think it would be fair to say that the boy's have well and truly had a gutfull of how they have been treated here in Australia by the media.

manlyborn link said:
[quote author=jjai link=topic=184216.msg277899#msg277899 date=1279927049]
i`ll tell you who told me since he has nothing to do with the club... funny thing i receive a phone call from some guy wanting to sell me a case of wine apparently i did some survey on the net & that's how he got my name & number, well any way after i told him i wasn't interested & had i won the yrs supply of wine i would have just given to me sister anyway as i will only drink wine once the beer runs out..  we got to talking about other things, when he mentioned he was calling from newcastle i said  i follow manly , then he tells me he played for manly just couldnt crack a first grade spot because phil blake rick chisolm & some one else were keeping him out of 1st grade so he was a bench warmer & played under 23`s for us in 82..we talked about a few other things & as we were ending the convo  he says we should be stronger next yr with cronk in the side i said what & he repeats it, i drill him a bit more & he is adamant we are getting him, i still laughed it off but..
Do you think it would be fair to say that the boy's have well and truly had a gutfull of how they have been treated here in Australia by the media.
[/quote]yeah definately wouldnt you as well,  but i dont want to comment on it  too much just gets me in trouble ..lol

TokyoEagle link said:
Isn't there already talk about the tits being over the cap, how can they afford Inglis?

Rogers isn't being offered a new contract and I think they might be pushing Hey Presto out the door as well

jjai link said:
[quote author=manlyborn link=topic=184216.msg277917#msg277917 date=1279933214]
[quote author=jjai link=topic=184216.msg277899#msg277899 date=1279927049]
[/quote]yeah definately wouldnt you as well,  but i dont want to comment on it  too much just gets me in trouble ..lol
[/quote]
Totally understand mate..I will say no more on the subject..cheers

Ant80
Presto told me personally he may retire at the end of this year
no club would ever show such a great player the door
he is a gem for the game itself

BAZ link said:
Ant80
Presto told me personally he may retire at the end of this year
no club would ever show such a great player the door
he is a gem for the game itself

Thought that might have been the case but wasn't sure (about the retirement part). But watching him last night he could play for another 5 seasons.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6