Injuries

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not good news for Farrar. I seem to remember he injured one of his knees playing for us in 2010 (not too seriously) and then again last year for Catalans which put him out for a few months.

wizball1973 said:
Hopefully Nood is back aswell because, frankly, Lussick wasn't up to much.

Maybe you should actually watch the Manly game next time before you comment. He was better than Mauro and Robinson comfortably.

Volley said:
wizball1973 said:

Maybe you should actually watch the Manly game next time before you comment. He was better than Mauro and Robinson comfortably.

Maybe you should kiss my ass.

Im going to assume that our only injury concern for this week would be Matai which is understandable, id rest him for aslong as he needs, we have plenty of guys that can fill his boots for that period.

Volley said:
wizball1973 said:

Definately better than Robinson but Mauro does a lot of the hard work that tends to go unnoticed.

King and Kite did a lot of work and I noticed them a lot but for a guy who supposedly has 7 clubs chasing him I would expect Lussick to be the stand out prop on the field and play more minutes.

There is a touch of the JWH's about Lussick at the moment and he needs to show a lot more on the filed.

I agree with Tookey. I think Mauro is developing into a good reliable no non sense forward, Does a lot of work, but doesn't get a lot of accolades.

Herald reporting Gift Stewart out for SIX weeks!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/gold-coast-contest-could-leave-slater-high-and-dry-20120305-1uedm.html

Brissie Kid said:
Herald reporting Gift Stewart out for SIX weeks!

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/gold-coast-contest-could-leave-slater-high-and-dry-20120305-1uedm.html

It was good to also read in that article:

"Manly fullback Brett Stewart will begin negotiations with the club this week that would keep him at Brookvale until 2014 with older brother Glenn - who is likely to be out for six weeks - scotching talk of a reunion with former Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler at Canterbury. Manly are also looking to re-sign Matt Ballin, whom The Inside Back understands is extremely comfortable north of the bridge."

Manly star Glenn Stewart certain to miss Friday's night's rematch against Wests Tigers recruit Adam Blair.

Stewart and Manly centre Steve Matai are set to be sidelined long-term with five-eighth Kieran Foran also poised to miss the Tigers game.

Utility player Ben Farrar won't play again this NRL season, meaning more than $1m of Manly talent will be sidelined after only one round.

Stewart was due to have X-rays on an injured finger last night with the results to be known early this morning. Sea Eagles officials are resigned to losing him for up to six weeks.

Matai has a hand injury and he too could be out for six games, with officials to know more about the injury today.

Foran sustained a lower leg injury during Sunday's match against New Zealand and was spotted yesterday wearing a moonboot. It would take a miracle for him to be fit for Friday evening.

Stewart and Blair engaged in the now infamous sideline fight during a round-26 match at Brookvale last year, with both players being suspended for three games.

While Blair never played for Melbourne again, Stewart returned for Manly's grand final win.

Stewart hurt his finger during the early minutes of Sunday's 26-20 at Eden Park. Twice he came to the sideline for treatment. Showing considerable courage though, he played on and ended up scoring the match-winning try in the 71st minute.

The Daily Telegraph spied Foran outside the Manly dressing room on Sunday - he could barely walk.

And in a further blow to Manly, utility player Farrar hurt his knee on the weekend and could miss the entire season. Farrar rejoined the Sea Eagles from Catalans this year but injured himself in Saturday's NSW Cup game against Western Suburbs at Lidcombe Oval.

New coach Geoff Toovey will have to dig deep to cover Matai and Stewart. He may look at bringing centre Dean Whare into his backline for Matai or use young centre Jorge Taufua. Taufua, signed from Parramatta, was chosen in Manly's 18-man squad for the Warriors game but was cut before kick-off.

Toovey may in fact play both and shift Jamie Lyon to five-eighth for Foran.

As for Stewart's replacement, Toovey may opt for Joe Galuavo, who is expected to return this week from an achilles injury.

Stewart's creativity will be sorely missed.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-star-glenn-stewart-to-miss-grudge-match-with-tigers-adam-blair/story-e6frexnr-1226289978743

Starting to feel a bit like Round 26 last year v Broncos. Thinking back to that game Buhrer played great at 6. Might be a good option that would allow Lyon to stay in the centres where his defence will be invaluable.

matai's side is a bit of a worry, as it's him and oldfield. keep lyon and wolfman together on the right.

If it's foran and matai missing.... might be better to put buhrer in at centre and try the new guy at 5/8. Gonna be vulnerable on that side anyhoo.

I hate how Ritchie goes out of his way to say "Jorge taufua, signed from parra..". That may well be true originally, but according to the manly daily he starred in the manly 2011 Toyota cup team averaging over 150 metres a game. It would be better to say he has graduated from manly's Toyota cup side wouldn't it? Is it too hard to give any credit to manly for his development?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6