iPhone sensational

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Still not sold on the exchange integration with these things - I'm sticking with my blackberry till they focus more on usability and less on gimmicky BS

As an ex-Blackberry user, iPhone craps all over Crackberry.

The 3GS iPhone being released on 26 June looks to have some handy new features.  At the very least I might be able to pick up a cheap "old" model to get mine through its contract period!

Apple boosts iPhone line-up with new model

iphon3gs1_narrowweb__300x339,0.jpg

View New iPhone 3G S
Apple has?hailed the new iPhone 3G S as the "most powerful iPhone ever" at a software developers' conference being held in San Francisco.

Apple is introducing a new, speedier version of its popular iPhone with a host of new features including video capabilities, a better camera and longer battery life.

Apple says the new phone is engineered to operate twice as fast as the existing 3G phone.

The new phone, called the iPhone 3G S, comes in 16GB and 32GB versions. Apple announced the device during a software developers' conference being held in San Francisco.

read more
http://www.smh.com.au/news/digital-life/smart-phone/apple-boosts-iphone-lineup-with-new-model/2009/06/09/1244313113483.html

Matabele link said:

The 3GS iPhone being released on 26 June looks to have some handy new features.  At the very least I might be able to pick up a cheap \"old\" model to get mine through its contract period!

A friend of mine is upgrading to the new one next month when his contract up and will have an unlocked one. I will ask what he is looking at selling it for

yeah exactly.

He is getting his replaced swapped for a brand new one about 1 week before since the battery is playing up. Basically it will be a brand new one though

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180448.msg226747#msg226747 date=1244542931]

The 3GS iPhone being released on 26 June looks to have some handy new features.  At the very least I might be able to pick up a cheap \"old\" model to get mine through its contract period!

A friend of mine is upgrading to the new one next month when his contract up and will have an unlocked one. I will ask what he is looking at selling it for
[/quote]  Sounds good.

Actually, I would probably recommend to anybody wanting to get an iPhone not to hold out for the newer version, or surely when the newer version comes out the price will drop.

I bought the 'current' model last month, and today got the new settings for the 'newer' version iPhone.

Actually I don't believe the iPhone is all it's hyped up to be!

ManlyBull link said:
Actually, I would probably recommend to anybody wanting to get an iPhone not to hold out for the newer version, or surely when the newer version comes out the price will drop.

I bought the 'current' model last month, and today got the new settings for the 'newer' version iPhone.

Actually I don't believe the iPhone is all it's hyped up to be!

I agree

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=180448.msg226747#msg226747 date=1244542931]

[/quote]  Dan, is this still a possibility?

Just did the 3.0 upgrade last night, it worked well.

Get a few more handy features like MMS, cut and paste, etc

Matas I will let you know this week,

The new upgrade is good but has made the wireless connection worse

byso link said:
Dan, ask your neighbor to leave the window open ;)

My wireless is also working well.

Its my wireless connection which is out in the office. My PC picks it up fine but its a pain in the ass and drops out a lot with the iPhone. May be time to trade in for a replacement

The 3.0 update has internet tethering capability, so you can connect your iPhone to your computer and use it as a modem, but Optus want to charge $10 a month for that!

Rort!

there is apparently a way around that with Optus. That is  rort though if they want to charge for that. I mean what difference does it make to them if you use internet on your phone or through your phone

I'm glad I got the iPhone 3G when I did

OPTUS has become the first Australian carrier to reveal its pricing plans for the new Apple iPhone 3GS.

The telco's flagship deal will offer the 32GB iPhone 3GS for $0 upfront on a $99 "Timeless" plan for 24 months.

The plan includes unlimited calls and texts and 1.5GB of internet data, and will cost a minimum of $2376 over the period of the contract.

Other plans range from $19 to $79 per month, with additional handset repayments.

At this morning's launch, Optus did not confirm whether current customers would have to buy out their contracts in order to upgrade to the new handset.

The iPhone 3GS is set to launch in Australia on Friday. Telstra and Vodafone are expected to reveal their pricing plans this week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7