[Resurrected] Is gifty gone?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
The Raiders dont deserve that ! they are a nice club. In fact there are only 3 clubs who DO deserve that, er, him and the penalty it places upon their caps: Drizzle, Rorters and of course bad-Dogs.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
HappilyManly said:
The Raiders dont deserve that ! they are a nice club. In fact there are only 3 clubs who DO deserve that, er, him and the penalty it places upon their caps: Drizzle, Rorters and of course bad-Dogs.

Can't agree - the Superleague Raiders and Stuart deserve bad luck for evermore.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Fox news now showing Gift saying he hasn't had an offer from Manly yet.

We need the bottomless cup that is the Dogs' cap :cool:

Hopefully Gifty's Manager earns his keep and gets him a lucrative last contract in the NRL/ESL.

I have been reading (so it must be false) that Manly cannot get anywhere near what the Raiders are offering and have virtually said to Gifty "all the best for the future, see you later!!!"

He is a special player but seems to play injured a lot and we rarely see the best from him. If he is forced out it will not do team harmony much good for a while. Just a bad situation all round.

If he has a contract for the future (2015), his form will be 'normal'. ie as it has been 2013-2014.

If he does not have a contract right now, then he is 'playing for a contract' : and his form over the next 10 weeks or so, (until such time as he does have a contract) will be "out of the Box" and he will play 'Out of his skin'. SOO on the cards. This will be great for MWSE.

Masked Eagle said:
The Raiders told some club members at a function last week that they had signed a representative forward for next season. Of course those sorts of things can fall apart or be total lies (ie Lyon to the Titans) but that's what happened. The toughest thing a club does is now when to let players go, now this might not be just our decision but if could be a win/win for the club as long as we reinvest the money wisely and don't blow it.

Tim grant is a representative forward who the panthers are shopping around.

You could seem raiders chucking big money at him.

Glen has been offered very good money to come to Canberra, and is very interested. Has spoken to coaches and owners and knows he won't get even close to that at manly so has a decision to make. He has attempted to persuade Brett to come too, but Brett has massive issues with Ricky Stuart. In fact the words used were "can't stand the bloke" and is resisting every offer and suggestion for that reason alone.. Glen is all but a done deal financially, it's the Brett issue that creating the angst in moving as Glen is still trying to change Brett's mind and get Brett to move, but Brett is fighting it.

"Inside info" from Raiders forum. Doesn't look good.

ifernolan said:
Glen has been offered very good money to come to Canberra, and is very interested. Has spoken to coaches and owners and knows he won't get even close to that at manly so has a decision to make. He has attempted to persuade Brett to come too, but Brett has massive issues with Ricky Stuart. In fact the words used were "can't stand the bloke" and is resisting every offer and suggestion for that reason alone.. Glen is all but a done deal financially, it's the Brett issue that creating the angst in moving as Glen is still trying to change Brett's mind and get Brett to move, but Brett is fighting it.

"Inside info" from Raiders forum. Doesn't look good.
Wishful thinking by the Raiders (both Stewies). Then again, we are looking at Tedesco...apparently. Why would Gifty go to a team where their fans can't even spell his name correctly?? (Did I spell Tedesco correctly?:-/) LOL

Fox reporter asked Gifty 'would it be strange playing against your brother?' ( It was hypothetical)
He replied with a laugh 'No, that would be funny' :p

Sibling rivalry never dies :)

southsideeagle said:
I have been reading (so it must be false) that Manly cannot get anywhere near what the Raiders are offering and have virtually said to Gifty "all the best for the future, see you later!!!"

He is a special player but seems to play injured a lot and we rarely see the best from him. If he is forced out it will not do team harmony much good for a while. Just a bad situation all round.

Our big money players like Foz, DCE, Lyon, Snake etc have to realise that the bigger slice of pie that they take the less there is for everyone else. Can't see too much disharmony happening in the Manly camp if Gift is forced out. We have not bought a "marquee player" since Jamie Lyon. It would be different if for example we threw big money & got a player like JWH for 2015 & then said to Gift see you later.

Canberra are still trying to secure the long term signature of Milford. Unless that deal has fallen through there's not a chance Brett will ever more to Canberra.

I love Gifty and Brett but the salary cap situation may force them out.

The two choices we have is to let them go and secure the young blokes for the long term or keep them and lose the young talent.

It would be nice to do both, but these days it's all about the cash.

I'd hate to be the one making the decision.

As great as Gift has been he is at the latter end of his career and I believe his potential loss could be covered as we have a wealth of second row talent.
The heart of the Manly pack is Choc. Watch how poorly we played against Does'n'tmatta when he was off the field.
He does so much work that I think he is irreplaceable.

Whatever will be will be.....some players take the money (al la Kitey), some reject the money to stay with their mates (Skivvy).

I think Manly's offer will be "fair to middling" but teams like the Raiders (who don't really have much by the way of stars) will throw the kitchen sink at any top player to get them to come.

I hope he stays, will I be heart broken if he goes....no...doesn't mean I don't appreciate what he has done OR that I would love him to end his days with us but sadly its a business these days.

Just ask the Grubbitohs ( Burgess) and the Steggles (SBW) fans!!

I hope he stays too, finishes his career here with Brett, and goes out on a high...at least another premiership...

But I'm a realist too and unless Gift accepts a lot less coin, he may have to follow Kite's lead.

We play by the rules of the salary cap and do our best responsibily...until the NRL allows dispensation for long-term service this dilemma remains.

Hate to see the Gift in any other NRL colours; if he goes I'd prefer he do a Beaver, go see the world and seek some last glory OS.

Mark from Brisbane said:
some players take the money (al la Kitey), some reject the money to stay with their mates (Skivvy).
Bit unfair on Kite, Mark? I got the impression he was gutted to be let go, it sounded like he either got no offer or no viable offer from Manly.

Where is his offer loyalty works both ways. sure we have talent but he is important part building this culture he I believe is willing to take pay
cut given him an offer.

Meanwhile the NRL asks fans to become members and show their loyalty to their club. Why? Why should fans do that when the NRL has rules that act to ruin and destroy club culture?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6