Is Jamil the Real Deal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A feel a sermon from the great Rexypoo coming on.

Won't happen. Rex will be too torn between the equalling distasteful choices of having to seem to support me or having to support his little special bestie Ryan.

It will be enough to make the nurses up his dosage.

The point is, that if you are unable to fulfill the role expected of you as an employee, then you are in the wrong line of work (look at the backlash Will Hopoate is copping now).

Grand Finals are on Sundays, and that's what you are supposed to be playing the game for.

Hopoate went on a Mormon Mission, and came back half the player (like his Uncle Frank wasn't it?). He then signs a big contract, and later decides he doesn't want to play Sundays.

Sorry, that's disruptive.

If this next Hopoate kid is following in the same footsteps, then no way do I want that at our club (and that's not even hinting at the negatives he carries & hypocracy of what it would appear to be, given his history).
One has to wonder about Will only being unable to play on Sunday's when it came to signing with the dogs. A very clever way of including less then the minimum amount for a state of origin player in the cap. That contract dragged and dragged.

Won't happen. Rex will be too torn between the equalling distasteful choices of having to seem to support me or having to support his little special bestie Ryan.

It will be enough to make the nurses up his dosage.

Mate, are you ok? You just looking for an early morning argument or something? LOL.

Also, I do respect what Rex says - he's a very intelligent bloke. The same sentiment I feel towards you.

Unsure what accomplishment you're seeking, or what you want to achieve by belittling the connection between Rex and I, but I hope you got out of it what you needed mate, and you now feel better & at ease.

Also, if me saying a Rugby League player, who's career is to play 30% or so of their matches on Sundays each year can't fulfill that commitment due to his religious belief isn't adding the value he should offends all the communities you say I have, I humbly apologise. Hope that also eases your angst or frustration.

The LAST thing any of us want, is a Woodsie on the loose ;)

Mate, are you ok? You just looking for an early morning argument or something? LOL.

Also, I do respect what Rex says - he's a very intelligent bloke. The same sentiment I feel towards you.

Unsure what accomplishment you're seeking, or what you want to achieve by belittling the connection between Rex and I, but I hope you got out of it what you needed mate, and you now feel better & at ease.

Also, if me saying a Rugby League player, who's career is to play 30% or so of their matches on Sundays each year can't fulfill that commitment due to his religious belief isn't adding the value he should offends all the communities you say I have, I humbly apologise. Hope that also eases your angst or frustration.

The LAST thing any of us want, is a Woodsie on the loose ;)

Woodsie just wants to ensure that drama and excitement continue to exist on these forums. Your occasional stouches with Rex stimulate interest...or havent you noticed.

Woodsie just wants to ensure that drama and excitement continue to exist on these forums. Your occasional stouches with Rex stimulate interest...or havent you noticed.

I haven't noticed. These days, I have little time or energy for that kind of stuff. Unfortunately, people will get little value from me these days when it comes to drama.

I haven't noticed. These days, I have little time or energy for that kind of stuff. Unfortunately, people will get little value from me these days when it comes to drama.

Dont belittle yourself Ryan. You're one of the star attractions.

Dont belittle yourself Ryan. You're one of the star attractions.

Psssht. If only mate ;) Nah, life is too short to get angry & aggressive about opinions on a footy site. Heated debate (when it's mutually respectful)sure, is actually quite enjoyable, and why I come here. Just the personal stuff...has a lack of interest, but I get some people are just naturally snarky.

If anything, I've learned that over the past 18 months.

Embrace the positive influences, and those that make you feel happy. Those that don't, just don't entertain their rubbish. Just nod, agree, tell them you hope they are doing well, and leave it at that.

Psssht. If only mate ;) Nah, life is too short to get angry & aggressive about opinions on a footy site. Heated debate (when it's mutually respectful)sure, is actually quite enjoyable, and why I come here. Just the personal stuff...has a lack of interest, but I get some people are just naturally snarky.

If anything, I've learned that over the past 18 months.

Embrace the positive influences, and those that make you feel happy. Those that don't, just don't entertain their rubbish. Just nod, agree, tell them you hope they are doing well, and leave it at that.

Its called DEBATE Ryan. Nothing wrong with that and no need for aggression. Just different points of view with a little spice added

Reading the thread subject I thought you were referring to Idris. After all, him being 'the real deal' is questionable too.

Reading the thread subject I thought you were referring to Idris. After all, him being 'the real deal' is questionable too.

He should have done far better than he has so far. Idris seems to have lost his way somewhat. Could'a been a contender

Last edited:
Three questions are relevant: the ridiculousness of Joseph Smith, and his 'from behind a blanket dictated gospel' are not.
1. Is Jamil H 1st grade material including the discipline ?
2. Is he prepared to play on any day of the week?

3. Will Twenty be able to use him, blend him cohesively into our 25 squad ?

Ryan, what you originally said was ..

"Will" he get a bit of notariaty then demand a morman mission and Sundays off?

If so, fark off to Canterbury now. We just don't need the disruption.

That sort of arrogant dismissal would be offensive to many of our Polynesian players and fans. What you say now is ...

saying a Rugby League player, who's career is to play 30% or so of their matches on Sundays each year can't fulfill that commitment due to his religious belief isn't adding the value he should

That is a much better statement and one I agree with entirely.

Way to endear yourself to our many Polynesian and Mormon players and fans.

We are prepared to accept you if you are a ratbag and have a criminal record, but if you have strongly held religious beliefs .... (how did you phrase it Ryan) .... fark off.

Expect a response from Rex whom I am sure will be outraged at your blatant religious discrimination.
Hi Woodsie. Nice to know you and Womby Poos miss me so much.

No surprise Ryan's posting got a prickly response from you. You have repeatedly had this little (read big) obsession that religious beliefs, for some unknown reason, are sacrosanct. Untouchable. Uncriticisable. A little too close to home? Like the Christian right to be a homophobe because it is a "religious belief". I guess, if consistent, your logic demands that the Taliban oppression of women is uncriticisable because it too is a "religious belief".

Have to agree with Ryan on this one. A footy player who refuses to play Sundays is useless. If some Polynesians, Mormans and you don't get that, then that's something for you guys to learn to deal with, I guess.

If these guys want to beaa religious nut that's fine, but I have to agree with Ryan, just **** off some where else and do it.

Hoppa, or anybody else can go be a priest for all I care, but if you can't play footy on the day your team need you just **** off!!

Plus I remember some sage like advise from Brent Kite (also a devout Mormon) and he said to Hoppa, (and I'm paraphrasing) "you can honor god in other ways, playing footy can be a way to honor god".

Hi Woodsie. Nice to know you and Womby Poos miss me so much.

No surprise Ryan's posting got a prickly response from you. You have repeatedly had this little (read big) obsession that religious beliefs, for some unknown reason, are sacrosanct. Untouchable. Uncriticisable. A little too close to home? Like the Christian right to be a homophobe because it is a "religious belief". I guess, if consistent, your logic demands that the Taliban oppression of women is uncriticisable because it too is a "religious belief".

Have to agree with Ryan on this one. A footy player who refuses to play Sundays is useless. If some Polynesians, Mormans and you don't get that, then that's something for you guys to learn to deal with, I guess.

Rex, again you have absolutely no idea whatsoever of the issue. However, again as usual, that hasn't stopped you from your ridiculous practise of 3rd rate psychobabble.

Please at least attempt to read my posts and then get a normal person to explain them to you. If you do, to your embarrassment, you will realise that I don't give a tinkers cuss about religion ...... what I took issue with was the arrogant and needless way he dismissed a large group of peoples views with a callous and ignorant ..... fark off.

If you had read my second post you would also have noticed that when he rephrased his comments I said I agreed entirely with his position.

But again Rex, don't let the facts get in the way of your stupidity .. press on.

Rex, again you have absolutely no idea whatsoever of the issue. However, again as usual, that hasn't stopped you from your ridiculous practise of 3rd rate psychobabble.

Please at least attempt to read my posts and then get a normal person to explain them to you. If you do, to your embarrassment, you will realise that I don't give a tinkers cuss about religion ...... what I took issue with was the arrogant and needless way he dismissed a large group of peoples views with a callous and ignorant ..... fark off.

If you had read my second post you would also have noticed that when he rephrased his comments I said I agreed entirely with his position.

But again Rex, don't let the facts get in the way of your stupidity .. press on.
Ok. So what is it that makes you so reactive to the style Ryan used if you agree with the substance of what he said?

i.e. Why start with argument, if fundamentally you agree with him?

And why do you think abuse is your default style, not respect?

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6