Is Jaxson Paulo a starter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How many weeks does Paulo get to prove he is fit for Manly first grade?

He was poor today.
He was pretty safe under the high ball.

Isn't strong enough yet....

The defence will get better, with work and more game time.

A few wins in a row and his confidence will build.

I think he'll be good for us.....just not expecting it to happen overnight.

He would have tested the 2024 depth strategy if Saab wasn’t injured. He will probably get a pass now due to his height and experience over Ray Ray.

He had a good jinking run later in the second half. I think it was around the time of Croker’s try. He should get better, he might be down on confidence after a couple of lean years elsewhere.

Meanwhile, we have Vaega in the pocket, who does take the ball up with gusto and gets ‘stuck in’ in defence. Like a backline version of Nathan Brown.

Or bring Brad Parker back into the centres, with Sandwich back out to the wing, until Saab returns. Who knows, maybe the injury isn’t as bad as it first looked. He could be back sooner rather than later.

Edit: I forgot about Tommy Talau.

Last edited:
Ppl in better seats than I say Yes about Paulo, including close friends with input
But what I seen today was a good natural runner if the footy with few opportunities which is fine...but the hit ups and defence can be judged as ordinary which screams "give Vaega a shot"
A heart on legs who deserves a shot imo

We won today, so Paulo should get another shot at least. But he really hasn't shown much and includes his underwhelming finals game for the Roosters last year as well.

I don't think he is a keeper. Should have stopped the souths winger and for all his size he does not use it effectively. Now Saab out probably survives however I would have Talau in front of him even if it means moving Garrick back to the wing.

I think he would have been disappointed with his game. Missed a vital tackle that looked half hearted and allowed the Souths winger to score. Missed a great pass from Brooks that would have had him flying down the side line. Yes the pass was slightly ahead of him rather than on his chest but I thought he was slow in getting to the ball and summing up the opportunity. With Talau, Faulalo and Vaega waiting for their chance, he may need to pickup his game quick smart.

I was dissapointed with our goal line defence. Paulo poor attempt on Gagai was feeble he should have got him. Similarly Garrick tackling or marking no body when the first try scored. We conceded 5 tries. Too many if we expect to be contenders.

1 game and he is not up to it

Remember similar sentiments about Saab after his first 4 weeks at the club
Fair comment Kiwi however he has played previously as Souths and Roosters without nailing a spot. It may be his persona but he does not look to be busting a gut.

I thought of all the players he was the most average BUT, it’s game 1 in a new club so let’s give him 3-4 games first and see what happens.

Luckily there are other options

Think that it would take a couple of below par games in the short term before Paulo would lose his spot., regardless of Saab "s situation .
limited opportunities yesterday , some challenging games coming up , this will be the real test for him and ideally to play his role well .
A few quite capable outside backs and for sure pushing him but again should continue to get his opportunity in i st grade and if his form holds up sufficiently

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8