Is Orford re-signed?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
059676-melbourne-v-manly-2009-nrl-finals.jpg

DSM5 link said:
It simply amazes me that two people can watch Orford go around, and come up with completely different interpretations of his play.  I look at him and see a directionless fucquit,  Mal, Kiwi and some others look at him and see the other side.  Puzzling.   

I must admit before last night I was on Mal & Kiwi's side and tried to see the best of Orford. After about 10 minutes last night I was calling for his head! Time to get the pitch forks out I thinks.

I'm not saying orford played well? I'm just saying that it takes a whole team to play like that..and that it's boring with the same people just trotting out Orford posts as if it was all his fault. Look at missed tackles...Look at completions....some dropped ball at crucial times....look at frontrowers soft runs (Kite-Perry)....wingers had bad games with lots of mistakes etc etc..

There were 6 other tries scored that weren't orfords fault.....the try on Williams side was a shocker....the try close to t he line where perry didn't mark up was a shocker.

The only players who can prolly hold there head up are the backrowers.

I agree we keep Foran ahead of Orford etc etc....I'm just trying to bring some level thinking to last nights loss instead of reading and accepting it was all orfords fault?...Where's Perry's thread? Picking Lyon when unfit? JWH and Cuthbo in the side....Lost's of factors make up for this loss.

There is a caller that has rang talkin sports a few times and he says that Orford will be gone and Monaghan will be returning, he says his sources are pretty good

I have been on DSM side all year and think he has to go. To say he can't do his job without the forwards going forward may work for a young half back who is coming on but for a bloke who is being paid 400 + he should be creative, have the vision to get the side out of trouble, lead and direct the team around the park,inspire confidence and lead by example every time he steps on the field.

Orford proved tonight he does not deserve another contract and should head to the UK. He has had an ordinary year and this is the game he needed to step up, he didn't step up but rather feel in a heap.

How many straight sets did we have before the first try? that's not good enough. Orford is past his best and if you can't see that your blind. the club would benefit more by letting him go and developing the younger guys who we really need to hold on to.

Zorba was singing his praises today in the manly daily as he has played every minute of every game this year and carried a painful injury. Has that been the best thing for the team. Maybe he should of had a few weeks off, it's not like he has been setting the game on fire more the opposite, he has been in shocking form and not really offered much. I remember during the origin series, Farrah went into game two with a rib  injury, had a shocker and got hammered for putting himself before the team.  

Ryno link said:
Zorba was singing his praises today in the manly daily as he has played every minute of every game this year and carried a painful injury. Has that been the best thing for the team. Maybe he should of had a few weeks off, it's not like he has been setting the game on fire more the opposite, he has been in shocking form and not really offered much. I remember during the origin series, Farrah went into game two with a rib  injury, had a shocker and got hammered for putting himself before the team.  

The problem is it's been the same story of him running round hurt for most of the last 3 years which indicates he's well past his best, and re-signing someone with cronic injury problems is silly.

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
There is a caller that has rang talkin sports a few times and he says that Orford will be gone and Monaghan will be returning, he says his sources are pretty good
  That's hardly encouraging.  Monaghan has been playing hooker over there because he can't even cut it as a halfback in the EPL.

Mal Cochrane link said:
The only players who can prolly hold there head up are the backrowers.

Hey Mal, the correct spelling for the word is "probably".  It's not that hard to spell it correctly is it?

missing_something link said:
The problem is it's been the same story of him running around hurt for most of the last 3 years which indicates he's well past his best, and re-signing someone with chronic injury problems is silly.

Absolutely correct.  It is a main cause for his 10 to 30 metre max kicks (unless he has a tail wind) and why he can't generally kick goals from the sideline.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=181683.msg241144#msg241144 date=1252712888]
  That's hardly encouraging.  Monaghan has been playing hooker over there because he can't even cut it as a halfback in the EPL.
[/quote]

Wasn't he man of the match the other week in the club challenge game against Huddersfield.

Ryno link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=181683.msg241152#msg241152 date=1252714766]
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=181683.msg241144#msg241144 date=1252712888]
[/quote]

Wasn't he man of the match the other week in the club challenge game against Huddersfield.
[/quote]As a hooker.

Congratz m_s, made a statement but couldn't come back to me with 25 better names. There are only 32 wingers running around each weekend so guess they wouldn't have been easy to find for you

Back to Orford, why is there a "DSM Side" and a "Kiwi Side" to the debate ?

I guess we love the labels on this site. Funnily enough, I was meant to be a Monaghan lover, which automatically made me an Orford hater. Seems that has changed now though

I will comment on his game, good or bad, each week. Because I don't bag him each week regardless of performance I guess I get bundled in as the leader of the "I Love Orford" camp.

I do find it laughable though that every good win we have is "a good team performance, Orford went OK with others help" but every loss is accompanied by "Orford is ****, worst halfback ever, lost the game on his own" etc

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Congratz m_s, made a statement but couldn't come back to me with 25 better names. There are only 32 wingers running around each weekend so guess they wouldn't have been easy to find for you

Mate it would have been very easy canberra have 4 just to get you started, check the list yourself though your not a very good judge of footballing talant so maybe when I get some time I'll do that for you.

Never really agreed with much written about Orford on here previously, but after last night... ugh. Terrible performance. 24 hours ago I was fully behind him being re-signed, now I''d rather drive him to the airport and wave him off.

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181683.msg241177#msg241177 date=1252719584]

Mate it would have been very easy canberra have 4 just to get you started, check the list yourself though your not a very good judge of footballing talant so maybe when I get some time I'll do that for you.
[/quote]

I look forward to seeing it. Having said that though, I think Stevie Wonder could probably produce something better on Footy than yourself

When have we had a 'good win' this season Kiwi?  My guess is that you're on the 'Orford Lover' side because you excuse his piss weak performances week in and week out.  Just observe his game and you'll see that when he isn't supported, he falls apart.  And when he has support he goes just 'OK'.  That's the reality and that's the problem.  When he's expected to lead he goes to water.   And surely even you, through those rose coloured glasses, can see his attacking deficiencies.  Actually at this point of the debate I'd prefer Monas back with his constant circling to Orford's constant retreats.  I'm over discussing Ox.    

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=181683.msg241179#msg241179 date=1252719854]

[/quote]

I look forward to seeing it. Having said that though, I think Stevie Wonder could probably produce something better on Footy than yourself
[/quote]

You know what the fact you disagree with me make me feel like a great judge of talent - thanks by disagreeing with me you payment the highest compliment possible.

Good wins off the top of my head this season

Bulldogs, Titans, Canberra, Roosters, Newcastle, Tigers, Parramatta

It is not rocket science that when a halfback isn't supported, he doesn't go very well. Aside from the true greats such as Johns, Sterling etc, all halfbacks need other players to produce a good game. Thurston is the current best and not even in the finals this year

Perhaps the other reason I am on the 'Lover' side, is because week in week out I watch a game, not going in with the hate, and seeing the good and bad in each performance, not just simply the bad because that is all I am looking for

I can see all the players deficiencies in the side, every single player there from 1-17 has them.

If Orford does go, and we rely solely on Cherry Evans and Hodkinson from hereon in, You will see even more deficiencies on display as they develop their games, and before long they will be copping the same sort of treatment from the regulars

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=181683.msg241181#msg241181 date=1252720138]
[quote author=missing_something link=topic=181683.msg241179#msg241179 date=1252719854]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know what the fact you disagree with me make me feel like a great judge of talent - thanks by disagreeing with me you payment the highest compliment possible.
[/quote]

Likewise, I was thinking the exact same thing lol

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7