Is this the Wright fullback?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Holmsey

Bencher
Sorry on the thread title couldn't help myself. Wright will play fullback and I only assume because barretts wants a big back 3. I would have Hastings due to experience, speed and goal kicking.

Last edited:
Well Baz's picked him so he's gonna have to be. I hoped Hastings would get the nod but I thought Baz'd pick Wright. Let's see how he goes.

Heart said Hastings.
Head seats ... Hastings as well.
But TB said Wright which I suppose he feels is a safe play. Ok I can live with that.
Interchange still two props, Brown & Hastings which has me perplexed but we've stuck with it so far! Go Manly!

It's the % play.

Our back three take the first three hit-ups ( mostly ) and most of us would agree it's been effective so why change the formula?

Yes, most of us would like to see Hastings get more game time but just because he can play fullback doesn't mean he should.

Wright coming in means just one change whereas Hastings to fullback then changes our style of play and the bench.
Chances are Wright won't make the metres that Tom was but I doubt Hastings would've either, three different styles of fullback.

In Trent we trust.

He's a mistake free option.

He won't score us points but he won't let them in either. Our form over the next month or two will have just as much to do with the maintainence of our solid defense as our attack clicking into gear without Turbo.

He is the smart option as the rest of the team is the same and he will be safe under the high ball. He won't offer anything in attack but let's hope if he is given space he can make the most of it. His positional play and talk at the back will be the biggest problem.. you might even find in attack taufua goes to FB he's a big body and so strong one on one he will be so hard to stop, that's what I'd be doing. toovs did it once and he won us the game. titans will be hard they score a lot of tries dce needs to show up Taylor

I wrote this earlier in some other post, the obvious reason is that the role Hasting already plays for us is very valuable. One change minimises the disruption to the team structures.

Plus Matt Wright is a tad underrated, he may surprise a few here if he gets an extended run at fullback.*

*Having said all that a last minute change on game day would not surprise!!

It's the % play.

Our back three take the first three hit-ups ( mostly ) and most of us would agree it's been effective so why change the formula?

Yes, most of us would like to see Hastings get more game time but just because he can play fullback doesn't mean he should.

Wright coming in means just one change whereas Hastings to fullback then changes our style of play and the bench.
Chances are Wright won't make the metres that Tom was but I doubt Hastings would've either, three different styles of fullback.

In Trent we trust.
Pretty sure Hastings played Aussie Schoolboys Fullback... would have been very keen to see what he would have brought to the table. No doubt would have been a very good second pivot option as fullback. Maybe would have linked well with Walker/Kelly etc - can't see Wright doing any of that. Just means Chez and Green need to step up

No surprise by this selection, as I mentioned already most teams prefer a bigger body at the back.. how often do we see teams these days surge in defence and attempt to lift and push the fullback back in goal when coming out of the red zone. Hastings being a smaller guy would be targeted this way. I have no doubt on his ability, I just don't see him as a modern day fullback. Theres a big difference playing u20s to first grade - its the big show.

Hastings at Fullback would have solved our goal kicking woes.
Dumb decision not to try Hastings. Sick of this unprofessional attitude towards out goal kicking. We need to convert every point scoring chance. Hastings impresses and can play fullback apparently. Blind Freddie can see its the obvious fit.

Not sure the actual stats, but he's getting to Brayden Wiliame territory wins versus losses with us it feels.

I understand it's a team sport, but I'm yet to be shown why we'd have confidence in him?

Concerned he's going to cost us games. I feel bad that I feel this way.

BUT, Barrett is putting faith in him, and it's in a very important period in Barrett's career being that we are only a .500 team this season, so I hope he excels.

This positional change may have a dramatic affect on both this years results, but also Barrett's tenure at the club.

Well, good luck to Matthew anyway. He's been picked and hopefully he can do a good job.

If I was him, in attack I'd just follow Marty and Jake around and grab those offloads and go through the gaps! (Yes....it is that easy...lo...cough)

Goal kicking: I've always said these guys bust their butts trying to score 4 measly points, then the kicker has the chance to kick another 50% of that, without being tackled, having to sprint etc; so the least they can do is practise that much that they are a 80% (at least) kicker.

I'd be embarrassed as the team's 'professional' kicker to have missed some of the shots this year.

If a kicker practised half as much as time spent in the gym...they'd be sharp shooters.

They need to get a coach in for Dylan, his technique needs tweaking.

Well, good luck to Matthew anyway. He's been picked and hopefully he can do a good job.

If I was him, in attack I'd just follow Marty and Jake around and grab those offloads and go through the gaps! (Yes....it is that easy...lo...cough)

Goal kicking: I've always said these guys bust their butts trying to score 4 measly points, then the kicker has the chance to kick another 50% of that, without being tackled, having to sprint etc; so the least they can do is practise that much that they are a 80% (at least) kicker.

I'd be embarrassed as the team's 'professional' kicker to have missed some of the shots this year.

If a kicker practised half as much as time spent in the gym...they'd be sharp shooters.

They need to get a coach in for Dylan, his technique needs tweaking.
I think its the mental approach with dylans kicks. His routine / approach is not consistant, you can tell before he strikes them if it is going to go over.
Cam smith kicks at a carrer rate of 73% and only two years did he crack 80%.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10