Is Weekes the next Gutherson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes you are ... from the thread title ... to every post you have made ... you are definitely inferring that Manly are asleep .... and through their incompetence ... lose the next King Gutho ...

You didn't answer my earlier questions ... try this one

How much do you think Manly would have to offer him to entice him to sign a contract Now ... rather than possibly a year of playing Mr Versatile and filling in at fullback and testing the market at the end of the year ...

I repeat, although I don't know for sure ... I am certainly confident that Manly have been having many discussions with his management ....

It takes two parties to sign a contract ... and in this instant I would say it is Weekes who is saying hold your beers ....

Yes you are ... from the thread title ... to every post you have made ... you are definitely inferring that Manly are asleep .... and through their incompetence ... lose the next King Gutho ...

You didn't answer my earlier questions ... try this one

How much do you think Manly would have to offer him to entice him to sign a contract Now ... rather than possibly a year of playing Mr Versatile and filling in at fullback and testing the market at the end of the year ...

I repeat, although I don't know for sure ... I am certainly confident that Manly have been having many discussions with his management ....

It takes two parties to sign a contract ... and in this instant I would say it is Weekes who is saying hold your beers ....

OMG. I feel so embarrassed Woodsie. I thought I meant one thing, but you obviously have a deeper insight into my comments than I do. I thought I meant one thing, but obviously I was wrong. I wasnt thinking that at all, though I didnt realise it. Thank you Woodsie for showing me that I have no idea about my own mind. You obviously do. I'm mortified. Naturally in future I will not express opinions because I'll know its not really what I'm thinking at all. I'll seek your counsel regarding what I'm thinking in future from you. Thanks mate for clarifying that for me...hang on, am I thinking what I just said or have I got that wrong too. Embarrassing this.

OMG. I feel so embarrassed Woodsie. I thought I meant one thing, but you obviously have a deeper insight into my comments than I do. I thought I meant one thing, but obviously I was wrong. I wasnt thinking that at all, though I didnt realise it. Thank you Woodsie for showing me that I have no idea about my own mind. You obviously do. I'm mortified. Naturally in future I will not express opinions because I'll know its not really what I'm thinking at all. I'll seek your counsel regarding what I'm thinking in future from you. Thanks mate for clarifying that for me...hang on, am I thinking what I just said or have I got that wrong too. Embarrassing this.

Praise the Lord ... you have seen the light .....

The kid has special potential. Whether it transforms into a top first grader is a wait and see matter. All we have is what seem outstanding qualities. Personally I think Manly erred in letting him go, just as I said so when they let Gutherson go. Outstanding potential talent doesn't come along every day. OK. He may fail, but would Manly have lost much to hold him for a year or two more to see if he develops into what we thing he could become. I think too often Manly looks for quick fix solutions. Sometimes patience is a better course of action

The kid has special potential. Whether it transforms into a top first grader is a wait and see matter. All we have is what seem outstanding qualities. Personally I think Manly erred in letting him go, just as I said so when they let Gutherson go. Outstanding potential talent doesn't come along every day. OK. He may fail, but would Manly have lost much to hold him for a year or two more to see if he develops into what we thing he could become. I think too often Manly looks for quick fix solutions. Sometimes patience is a better course of action
You can't keep them all, Weeks had his chances to impress and for whatever reason it didn't happen for him. Hope he goes well at the Raiders in what could be a challenging year for them.

He'd been given a chance and, in my opinion, didn't live up to the hype. As @Eagle1 says you can't keep them all. You have to ask where would he fit in? And when? He could have been a veteran by the time he had a position in the team by which point he's holding back someone else. It's just the circle of life (well footy). I won't be disappointed if he does well, some players just thrive at a different club

I'm with you, problem is the coach is on a 3yr contract and he obviously wants a quick fix for 2024 & 2025.

All the gun pathway kids look a million buck when they play touch footy in lower grades. When they need to learn to tackle and be physical, this is where most are found out. Personally think he could have been groomed as a centre… but if we play raiders, traffic at him all day long. It’s a tough sport, nowhere to hide

All the gun pathway kids look a million buck when they play touch footy in lower grades. When they need to learn to tackle and be physical, this is where most are found out. Personally think he could have been groomed as a centre… but if we play raiders, traffic at him all day long. It’s a tough sport, nowhere to hide
Hamoule will have a day out of Weekes is at 6

He has quick feet and is good in attack but half the game is defence and unfortunately Weekes would struggle in NSW Cup in defence

Weekes has potential and Manly gave him more than a few opportunities.. he just didn't step up and take them.. so no loss even if he does go on to be a star.

I can not comment on his potential but I think any kid needs a consistent run in first grade in one position to be classified as “given a chance” rather than a fixit player that never started more than a game or two in a row

I can not comment on his potential but I think any kid needs a consistent run in first grade in one position to be classified as “given a chance” rather than a fixit player that never started more than a game or two in a row
Weeks had a great Trial game from memory, everybody went ..wow, who is this kid. Then after that....really nothing tbh.

Type of player who just needs that extra bit of room to move with his present playing mode to show his best ability
Whether he will find that at the Raiders or whether he may be able develop a more direct type of attack , just have to wait and see i guess .
Defence seemed to be on the average side but probably can improve a tad on that . Managing a footy game sufficiently , well another bit of an unknown .
Obviously limited opportunities for him with Manly "s current player setup and really had to move on to see if his game or footy can go to another level

Just to double down. Out of his 9 appearances last year he was only on the field for 80 minutes 3 times (another 70). Oh and he never got back to back full games.
In his remaining 5 games he averaged less than 20 minutes on the field

Again not saying he is the next great player but it is not exactly fair to say that he was "given a run"

Just to double down. Out of his 9 appearances last year he was only on the field for 80 minutes 3 times (another 70). Oh and he never got back to back full games.
In his remaining 5 games he averaged less than 20 minutes on the field

Again not saying he is the next great player but it is not exactly fair to say that he was "given a run"
Agree somewhat, The NRL is a cutthroat business tho, it's kinda like a job interview, first impressions mean a lot, if you don't hit the ground running you get left behind by the leading pack who want your position. Same thing happened to Albert Hopoate at the Raiders, in and out of 1st grade since he's been there.

I tend to disagree, Isz. Yes, some consistency in the same position and belief from the coaching staff to do a job certainly helps the confidence of new up-comers. That said, Weekes was given multiple opportunities to snatch the opportunitity and play first grade. He failed miserably. Any hungry fringe player would have snapped up those multiple opportunities afforded to Weekes and shown “something”.. “anything”… yes, he may still come good (anything is possible), but Manly had given him more than enough opportunity.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4