ISC Marvel Superheros Jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
globaleagle said:
Jethro said:
I'm sure that it would be no different to the time that we wore this one ANZAC Day weekend:

577931_10150844888585993_2226747359.jpg

My better half won't let me wear that one outside.

I reckon if you did, it would attract the raccoons, the skunk...perhaps even the moose and bear GE.

Your missus must want to keep you around for a bit...(errm, so to speak...!)

Hi guys,

I have noticed that a few people have been asking about the reasoning behind this jersey concept and why the club would do it.

This is an amazing opportunity to show off our club at an international level, we are honoured that we have been approached for this by Marvel.

Marvel have thrown a lot of resources into the marketing of this worldwide, they have over 7 million facebook followers, that alone would make it crazy for us to not take this opportunity. Hugh Jackman is also likely to tweet his 4 million followers and we are hopeful that we can expose our Club to a new audience that might help us grow both locally & globally.

We are also looking forward to having some fun on Game Day with some activities fully funded and supported by Marvel.

The club will continue to look at avenues to grow and sometimes this will mean looking outside the box.

We do understand that not everyone will like the colours but as some of you have mentioned, this is not the first time we have strayed away from our beloved maroon and white for a one off game.

If we look at the season as a whole, including the 9's tournament, it's likely we will play over 30 games this season and 29 of these will be in our traditional maroon and white colours.

We are hoping that this will be accepted as an exciting 'one off' occasion.

Go Manly!

MWSE Membership said:
Hi guys,

I have noticed that a few people have been asking about the reasoning behind this jersey concept and why the club would do it.

This is an amazing opportunity to show off our club at an international level, we are honoured that we have been approached for this by Marvel.

Marvel have thrown a lot of resources into the marketing of this worldwide, they have over 7 million facebook followers, that alone would make it crazy for us to not take this opportunity. Hugh Jackman is also likely to tweet his 4 million followers and we are hopeful that we can expose our Club to a new audience that might help us grow both locally & globally.

We are also looking forward to having some fun on Game Day with some activities fully funded and supported by Marvel.

The club will continue to look at avenues to grow and sometimes this will mean looking outside the box.

We do understand that not everyone will like the colours but as some of you have mentioned, this is not the first time we have strayed away from our beloved maroon and white for a one off game.

If we look at the season as a whole, including the 9's tournament, it's likely we will play over 30 games this season and 29 of these will be in our traditional maroon and white colours.

Go Manly!

Thanks MWSE Membership.
We appreciate the feedback & hearing directly from a representative of the club. You should post more often. :idea:

MWSE Membership said:
Hi guys,

Go Manly!

I also appreciate this information. Good try at justification. I have been in the marketing business most of my life and believe I can 'read between the lines'. How is playing in a yellow comic strip 'Showing off our club to an international audience'?
Seriously.
Unless the club is making a lot of money from this then there is no justification, imo.

If only i could take back what i said about it being Wallabies gold. How could i have said that in the presence of THE Marvel comics.

If you could just pass on to them that the Captain America character is highly lame and thus it suits the Roosters down to a tea. K thanks!

The Who said:
I also appreciate this information. Good try at justification. I have been in the marketing business most of my life and believe I can 'read between the lines'. How is playing in a yellow comic strip 'Showing off our club to an international audience'?
Seriously.
Unless the club is making a lot of money from this then there is no justification, imo.

If you've been in marketing most of your life....we should all know your name and not still have to go who?

ah hahahahah #lame sorry.

edit: they are for sale now! $160

Clint said:
MWSE Membership said:
Hi guys,

Go Manly!

Thanks MWSE Membership.
We appreciate the feedback & hearing directly from a representative of the club. You should post more often. :idea:

I totally agree with this comment.

It was a very important and valuable connection to the club and fans when Larissa used to post several times a day and to also answer any questions or try to fix club related problems that we may have had.

It would be really great if you could do the same if possible @"MWSE Membership". Don't be a stranger or scared to post. We won't bite :)

Jethro said:
Clint said:
MWSE Membership said:
Hi guys,

Go Manly!

Thanks MWSE Membership.

I totally agree with this comment.

It was a very important and valuable connection to the club and fans when Larissa used to post several times a day and to also answer any questions or try to fix club related problems that we may have had.

It would be really great if you could do the same if possible @"MWSE Membership". Don't be a stranger or scared to post. We won't bite :)

We look to do our best and will try to communicate more often. Unfortunately our staffing numbers has taken a large hit since Larissa (and a few more) have left without being replaced.

It would help that if anyone wanted any info from us if we could be mentioned in posts so we receive alerts. We will try our best to be active but we certainly don't have the resources for someone to scroll through all the threads anymore.

We know it is important to communicate with the very active fans that contribute to this great website!

mozgrame said:
Pity Wolfie wasn't available to promote this.

Wolfie would be better in the movie persona of Wolverine - topless :heart: :p

It will be so weird having Manly in yellow and the Broncs with white/maroon jerseys :s

I take on board and appreciate why we're doing this.

(Hoping that somehow the global recognition translates to awareness of our Maroon-and-White brand).

On close inspection there tho, it reminds me of a (UK) Super League jersey.

I don't care if we are playing in mankinis as long as we win the game. Great promo well done marketing if it brings in sponsors,supporters.members and dollars. As long as we are in the maroon/white home team uniform on grand final day that's all that matters.

Club gets offer to align with far larger brand with relatively minimal impact

Potential upside for the club?

- increased revenue due to additional jersey sales (which if i am not mistaken is not something the NRL would normally sanction?? I remember there were some limits re no of changes in a year?)
- increased brand exposure locally. I wonder who will be leading the media reports in the week? The 5 clubs who are taking part or the other clubs?
- Increased sponsor exposure. No wonder why Dave Perry and the guys are so good at getting them on board...what an opportunity

Not to mention the opportunity to use a brand advocate such as Hugh Jackman

I say well done to the club

Cliffy said:
Its fn orange. If it was maroon and white it would be cool.

I bought the anzac jersey after seeing a picture lacking bright colours. It could have been awesome, If only it had some army green and maroon patches instead of brown and bloody hell pastels.

They sought permission for the use of the actual DPDU scheme used by overseas troops. To play in differing colours would have been counter to the point of wearing that jersey for the ANZAC commemoration game.

Don't tell 'Huggies' that footballers will play in sponsors product for more exposure .. can live without seeing Dave Taylor and the titans sponsored by 'Victoria Secrets'

I like the fact that Manly are representing the Marvel round as Wolverine.
One of the coolest characters IMO and the link to Hugh Jackman is great for the club.
If we could win a game in that pukey Anzac jersey then surely we can put up with the one off occasion out of traditional colours and rip it up as a pack of Manly Wolverines.
Sometimes kids in class put pencils between all their fingers and pretend to be Wolverine. Instead of telling them to take them out I'll get them to raise their arms and shout "Go Manly!"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6