Israel Folau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Yeah .. and it sounds like it would be a much better party to be at .. than the sit on a cloud mob .
I am not sure whether she is heaven or hell @Woodise

Anyway ....

Just Beware of her mesmerizing smile and her captivating eyes,
For they are known to hypnotize and seduce you In her evil web of desire
And you are going to love every minute of it
istockphoto-178447232-170667a.jpg

Kevinward777

First Grader
The people who are comfortable with Folau expressing views more in tune with medieval beliefs - what would your attitude be if a player expressed support for genital mutilation, or stoning adulterers, or arranged marriages for child brides, or public hangings or beheadings? Because all those things still happen, some of them right here in Australia, under the noses of lawmakers and enforcers.

Still comfortable with that?
But Terry... Israel Folau did no such thing. I thought he quoted something he believes will happen in the afterlife, from a book about a "sky fairy."

I must have missed the part where he encouraged people to attack, stone to death or mutilate another person. I can't believe he did such a terrible act... what an asshole.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The people who are comfortable with Folau expressing views more in tune with medieval beliefs - what would your attitude be if a player expressed support for genital mutilation, or stoning adulterers, or arranged marriages for child brides, or public hangings or beheadings? Because all those things still happen, some of them right here in Australia, under the noses of lawmakers and enforcers.

Still comfortable with that?

Apples and oranges Terry.

These are all violent acts and are not "freedom of expression".

The fact that corporate sponsors won't associate themselves with the associated controversy is where the problem lies. It will cost St Merge and probably more widely, the NRL, sponsorship dollars because we as a society don't seem to be able to separate the views of an individual with a corporate philosophy.

As I've already said, you're not going to change his views. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.

Looking at all the carry on after the US election, it doesn't seem to be something many people are capable of doing.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
One thing’s for sure, clearly no one at the Dragons owns a TV.

If they did, they would be staying well clear from Folau if they’ve seen the way he played for Catalans.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
One thing’s for sure, clearly no one at the Dragons owns a TV.

If they did, they would be staying well clear from Folau if they’ve seen the way he played for Catalans.
By the sounds of it he did not have a great year at the Catalans last year.
One year on the playing field for the Catalans does not make or break a player though

He has been a dynamic player .He also has not played league for over 10 years

He will turn 32 in 2 months time . Can he turn back time and dominate league the way he did ?

He has all the physical and natural attributes but does he have the desire to strive for excellence on the field or is he playing for the dollar ?

Sounds like a gamble for a club to take a chance on him

But then again everything in life is a chance and nothing is guaranteed.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Rival clubs will pump out Macklemore on the speakers as Izzy is running out on the field. To make him cry. Again.

The NRL made a big deal of inclusion by using Macklemore as I recall, and it was an in your face to RU. Weird they would even consider considering Folau now.

Moops

Bencher
But Terry... Israel Folau did no such thing. I thought he quoted something he believes will happen in the afterlife, from a book about a "sky fairy."

I must have missed the part where he encouraged people to attack, stone to death or mutilate another person. I can't believe he did such a terrible act... what an asshole.
Oh c'mon, a bit of hysteria never hinders a debate...

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Divine intervention is about the only thing that will bring St Merge a premiership. They are probably hoping that Izzy has some connections on that front. He has certainly intimated on occasions that he has been involved in dialogue with an omnipotent being of sorts. Dragons are probably thinking it is worth a punt - after all, plenty of people throwing cash at Izzy and his church on equally as flimsy evidence in the hope of of some form of glorious afterlife.

Moops

Bencher
Divine intervention is about the only thing that will bring St Merge a premiership. They are probably hoping that Izzy has some connections on that front. He has certainly intimated on occasions that he has been involved in dialogue with an omnipotent being of sorts. Dragons are probably thinking it is worth a punt - after all, plenty of people throwing cash at Izzy and his church on equally as flimsy evidence in the hope of of some form of glorious afterlife.
Controversial conservatives are actually good for business. After a week of no Trump, CNN's ratings have sunk nearly 50%. There is nothing to talk about and fewer people are tuning in. Maybe the NRL have been paying attention.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We often talk about playing the man and not the ball. While izzy's comments lacked thought is it not the book , and not those that quote it that are the problem
Anyone using the bible to **** on others is being selective as hell but the book has some evil **** in it all the same and those adoring its creation certainly shouldnt be sprouting the virtue of love with so much condemnation sprinkled in
We readily cherry pick other religions for the hate narrative but continually turn a blind eye to the bible and its selective use by those empowered to decipher its intentions
Love thy neighbour .....except
[Insert list here]

Leader of the Flock

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Anybody aware that our club is supposedly interested in Folau?

It seems that the well known drag-queens supporter Andrew Webster is naming Manly, as well as the tiggers, as other clubs interested in him.

Most of the article is interesting and well written but naming Manly is, IMHO, just jurnos throwing Manly’s name into anything as usual.

The particular quote:

“After the story about the Dragons’ interest in Folau broke, Manly and the Wests Tigers predictably came knocking.”

Personally, I call “bull****”, why would we need another outside back; who’s older, has no history with the club and is a polarising figure that’s probably odds on to bring controversy to the club; it’s not as if we need another player like that.

Not that I have any inside info but I don’t think the club could be that stupid.

Last edited:

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
If words and ideas cannot inspire deeds, why post inspirational memes? Why would a coach or any leader give a stirring speech?
This is the way I see it feathered friend

Any given opinion can be taken differently by different people
Some people will be inspired others will be offended , Others will laugh and others will get upset

No one can say one thing to 1000 people and get the same response because all humans are all unique and think differently

In my quest for personal development I have learnt
People with strong characters are not consumed nor defined by other peoples opinions

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member

It seems that the well known drag-queens supporter Andrew Webster is naming Manly, as well as the tiggers, as other clubs interested in him.

Most of the article is interesting and well written but naming Manly is, IMHO, just jurnos throwing Manly’s name into anything as usual.

The particular quote:

“After the story about the Dragons’ interest in Folau broke, Manly and the Wests Tigers predictably came knocking.”

Personally, I call “bull****”, why would we need another outside back; who’s older, has no history with the club and is a polarising figure that’s probably odds on to bring controversy to the club; it’s not as if we need another player like that.

Yeah, I just saw that article. I don't think we even have a spot on our roster do we? Let alone for an outside back at $500k. I call BS as well.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

The particular quote:

Not that I have any inside info but I don’t think the club could be that stupid.

There's some irony in his use of "predictably".

He's usually not that big of a tool.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Apples and oranges Terry.

These are all violent acts and are not "freedom of expression".

The fact that corporate sponsors won't associate themselves with the associated controversy is where the problem lies. It will cost St Merge and probably more widely, the NRL, sponsorship dollars because we as a society don't seem to be able to separate the views of an individual with a corporate philosophy.

As I've already said, you're not going to change his views. Sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.

Looking at all the carry on after the US election, it doesn't seem to be something many people are capable of doing.
More like bananas and bananas.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah, I just saw that article. I don't think we even have a spot on our roster do we? Let alone for an outside back at $500k. I call BS as well.
i read recently that manly had still not applied to the NRL in regards to Fainus contract for this year. being stood down manly can apply for a rebate to spend elsewhere. i think the max is 350k like being injured in rep games. i read this just a few weeks back
if that is the case and in not definate at all on any of this , and the turbo situation is real maybe he is being looked at as a fullback replacement
just putting it out there

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16