Israel Folau

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Moops

Bencher
Massive toll mate. Completely lost my focus on the season ahead. Clearly traumatised by the incident. Counselling has been suggested etc @:cool:
Actually, I could care less about Folau and the pro-Folau minions/advocates/supporters on here or anywhere else for that matter. #no****sgiven
I am so glad to hear that.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
A poll taken asking if Folau should be allowed to play received over 10,000 responses, clearly a large enough representative sample, with 65% of the vote saying YES ...

So, if PVL's recent listening to the fans mantra is to be continued ......

Shoe1

Journey Man
I love Rothfield's theory that Saints released the Folau news as a smokescreen to deflect from the bad news about their skipper leaving.

Saints PR person - "Hmmm bad news! Let's come up with some even worse news to distract everybody!!"

Saints management - "Great idea, I like your thinking - I know let's create a circus surrounding Folau?"

Leader of the Flock

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Folau

Is he perfectly entitled to hold his beliefs and espouse them? Yes, just as others are to reject them and protest about them

Is he a good player? Well yes, historically

Would he be a good signing for a club, playing wise? Yes, probably

Would he be odds on to post his views again on social media or in some other format? Again, very probably, yes

Would that be good for his club, given the general reaction to his views? On balance, no

The comments by many that he’s entitled to play in the NRL, because he wants to, are interesting; those types of comments imply that just because he wants to play that he must be allowed to play. Well last time I checked, a club has to sign you, but if you’re a known landmine, just waiting to be set off, why would any club want that?

So, will any club sign him, knowing what the damage could be to the club, brand, etc? Possibly, there’s lots of desperation in some clubs to win at any price, especially if they haven’t been winning in a while.

Will Manly have anything to do with him? If they do, we will be pilloried, so nothing unusual there, but is the ownership that culturally tone deaf; I would hope not.

If he can get a run, so be it, but I’ll predict that when he’s either nearing the end of his contract or is out of First Grade, he’ll start pushing his religious views again and probably break his contractual obligations, as he’s going to have to drum up interest and money for his church and feed his hangers-on, and what better way than to hit social media and that will cause a lot of bad news for the club that’s given him a lifeline to continue playing and earning, which he won’t give a dam about as he’s proven in the past.

Folau, free to try to return to the NRL but any club that signs him is showing desperation and a disregard for their image in the long term. Remember, as they say, “it’s a business”.

Last edited:

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
A poll taken asking if Folau should be allowed to play received over 10,000 responses, clearly a large enough representative sample, with 65% of the vote saying YES ...

So, if PVL's recent listening to the fans mantra is to be continued ......
You do know that is not just the number of responses that makes it representative?

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
You do know that is not just the number of responses that makes it representative?

Yes ... a poll taken at the Westboro Baptist church would give a very different result than a poll taken in Oxford St, then we can get into age, gender, political leanings etc etc ... however I would be prepared to accept a newspaper poll of over 10,000 to be near the mark ..

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
The only reason folau wants to break his contact in France and come back to the nrl is that needs a soapbox. Obviously not getting listened to in France (most probably can’t screw his tripe in French). Wouldn’t surprise me if he was willing to sign anywhere for peanuts just to get his name back in the media etc. The nrl would be ridiculous entertaining him, if they haven’t worked out his motives they are even more stupid than I ever thought

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Yes ... a poll taken at the Westboro Baptist church would give a very different result than a poll taken in Oxford St, then we can get into age, gender, political leanings etc etc ... however I would be prepared to accept a newspaper poll of over 10,000 to be near the mark ..

May I ask which paper it was?

I am going to take a guess that it might not have been the SMH

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12