It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Can someone ask Mark from Brisbane if he will keep his word and stop supporting Manly if Des is installed as coach?
Do you think it’s a fair swap? Or was he just kidding with you all to get a belly tickle :)
I was in the same camp as @Mark from Brisbane . But it's been 7 years since, and we are getting mighty close to NE days. I'd take Des as long as he brings Donny back. And I know this won't go down well but, I'd bring Foran back as well (if I'm going to forgive and forget I may as well go the whole hog!) Get the old firm together. My thoughts on LG are well known>>>>>Blacktown.
So yeah, I am now on the official bring "Des" back bandwagon.

People forget Des had rubbish halves at the dogs & they still made two GF’s. I recall they dominated in 2012 off the back of that sweep play he ran for Barba, until the NRL intervened the following year. Saw Manly run that play for Snake a million times...

Last edited:
I can't get excited about his possible return. All this talk of how he can create a half is not news to us...is it?? Didn't he play Willo, Jamie, Beaver and I think T-rex at 6 at different times? (T-rex actually won the qld cup GF at 6 from memory.)

I know Des may be the pick of the bunch, but if we have to go backwards to go forwards....Toovey would be my pick.

Sh!t....I'd even interview the Walker brothers.

Why can't Sid captain/coach???? lol

Meanwhile..........over at Sporting News they're saying "Manly fans are bitterly divided over Hasler's return" lolol. The pro comments heavily outweigh the against!! I think the only ones 'bitterly' disappointed are the journos or sports writers or whatever you wanna call them & fans from other clubs because they know if Des can get our current crop of players to accept the changes & click then Manly will be back on top & ready to be hated again pretty quickly!!
I don't mind if Cartwright is assistant, Ballin Head Conditioner & Tooves takes care of financials!! If Donny Singe also returns then that's a bonus! What happened in 2011 is in the past. It's time to forgive & forget........& ready ourselves for the good times again.

I was in the same camp as @Mark from Brisbane . But it's been 7 years since, and we are getting mighty close to NE days. I'd take Des as long as he brings Donny back. And I know this won't go down well but, I'd bring Foran back as well (if I'm going to forgive and forget I may as well go the whole hog!) Get the old firm together. My thoughts on LG are well known>>>>>Blacktown.

Let's not "get the band back together" and ignore some realities.

Foran is physically done (not commenting on mental side of things). At least Des got him a 4-year deal at the Dogs at $1m a year on his way out. I would be absolutely amazed if he is not medically retired by then.

The best thing about Des coming back is that we won't have to put up with any more dribbling crap from Barrett ever again

Toovey should come back to manage the salary cap and help out with press conferences

I remember one Des interview when he mouthed the answers without actually saying anything. Hilarious stuff.

I was anti-Des too after he left for the Dogs but circumstances change. You can’t hold it against anyone who changes their view with the benefit of new information or a different perspective. It’s called life. That’s why I say my views are firm but never fixed!

I think Des is the right guy for the job...I like Toovey as a personality much better than Des but I think Hasler is a better technical brain than Tooves and we need to get our defence sorted quick smart...an area that the Bulldogs were still really strong in during Hasler's final year.

I think there is enough natural ability in our team that attack doesn't need to be too complicated for us to score points. The Roosters showed that this year and we have the strike with Dce, Elgey, tom T, Walker and Kelly, for points to be scored.

I hated Hasler for leaving Manly but i can forgive him if he returns to his rightful place and makes up for what he did with good performances throughout the next few years. I actually think he is a better appointment than Maguire...he knows our culture.

Whoever emailed Gorman needs to send him another one telling him that majority of fans would be happy with Des...it was our forum that put a stop to Cartwrong getting the gig...he had it in the bag until we pointed out to management that it was a mistake.

We don't want the journos feeding the club the idea that there will be a revolt...because we'll end up with Phil Economidis coaching us...we seem to love the Gold Coast connections down here at Manly.

Ive always blamed greenburg and the dogs for stealing des. Would be pumped to have him back. People talk about back ended deals and what not. But its hard for some clubs too compete with the mega clubs so you gota do what you gotta do.

I can't get excited about his possible return. All this talk of how he can create a half is not news to us...is it?? Didn't he play Willo, Jamie, Beaver and I think T-rex at 6 at different times? (T-rex actually won the qld cup GF at 6 from memory.)

I know Des may be the pick of the bunch, but if we have to go backwards to go forwards....Toovey would be my pick.

Sh!t....I'd even interview the Walker brothers.

Why can't Sid captain/coach???? lol
Only due to injury, or lack of talent there. Des also claimed we had been developing 5/8's in the halves.

Jamie Lyon was actually one of the better 5/8's we've seen to be honest (win a GF 40-0 with him there), and Des was able to acquire Steven Bell to facilitate that.

Yes, Willow played there at times (was a 5/8 in juniors), but got moved to the backrow.

Then he acquired Orford, who was a true General out there and quarterback, so the need for an organisational half wasn't required (hence making the finals almost every single year).

Des is a Manly legend, who after achieving amazing results , was forced to endure KPI's, and people forget the bull**** he had to endure with a back office habitually infighting (which he shielded the players from).

People forget management gave him a rough / raw deal towards the end given his need to take ownership of the club. Then he started receiving huge offers (double the money) from Greenburg illegally to breach his contract and leave us (the club has those emails).

Meanwhile..........over at Sporting News they're saying "Manly fans are bitterly divided over Hasler's return" lolol. The pro comments heavily outweigh the against!! I think the only ones 'bitterly' disappointed are the journos or sports writers or whatever you wanna call them & fans from other clubs because they know if Des can get our current crop of players to accept the changes & click then Manly will be back on top & ready to be hated again pretty quickly!!
I don't mind if Cartwright is assistant, Ballin Head Conditioner & Tooves takes care of financials!! If Donny Singe also returns then that's a bonus! What happened in 2011 is in the past. It's time to forgive & forget........& ready ourselves for the good times again.
And just on that how poor has the media been over the last 10 days on this.(Poorer than normal)
What a disgrace. How many coaches have been coming to Manly and knocked it back - What a load of sh1t. Then Paul Kent flapping his gums about Toovey today. They are all getting on the bandwagon now. Once this is put to bed who they going to attack next.
There are a host of media people looking really dumb and stupid at the moment.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10