It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Toovey needs to overtake Cartwright. Just a suggestion.
I have helped with that. Even though Des is the shoe in for the job, I have changed my vote to 2V. He only needs 3 more votes to overtake Cartwrong

Thanks for the response , i used to follow the Brisbane i st grade club scene , particularly pre Bronco days and good to see that you had the opportunity to play in an era there where the comp was still of a fairly high and competitive standard . Actually was a quite keen supporter of the Wests Panthers , my second favorite League team after Manly and used to watch all of the televised Brizy league games back in the day , so no doubt would have seen you go around occasionally . Didn "t actually play in the Brisbane comp my self but played for many years in the local club comp around Mackay and in the old N Q inter city rep scene and played with and against numerous previous or past Brisbane comp i st grade and rep players and no doubt also quite a few of your ex team mates and opponents back in the day who ventured north for whatever reason to play footy . It can be a small world sometimes ..Hard working and good cover defending locks were of real good value to their respective sides back in the day and you seem to have fitted that classification . And what a great junior nursery the Redcliffe Dolphins have had and continue to have .
Thanks for the reply - yes the pre Bronco days in the Brisbane comp were great days - every week you played against a State of Origin player or ex Qld player. Plus in those days well I know at Redcliffe in the early 80's we had 3 senior sides plus Under 21 and Under 18 and you would have players like Wally Fullerton Smith etc playing Reserve Grade at times such was the depth and quality of the sides. Redcliffe was a great junior nursery however they took their juniors like me for granted - expected that we would stay and play Reserve Grade while they bought Bryan Neibling, Paul Khan, Shane Berandin, Greg Conescu etc. It was very disheartening. In this day and age - "talented" (as I said I wasn't highly skilled in those days - in later years it was a different story given I learned to kick, put people through holes - goal kick etc) teenagers who play for Qld at Schoolboy or Under 16/18 level are all picked up by an NRL side. In those days though the local Brisbane clubs well certainly Redcliffe who were big spenders would buy high profile players and then just expect quality juniors to sit in Reserve Grade. I refused to do that so I went to Wests. Anyways - great times - great memories. Your memories of your playing days are equally as important and the difference mate is probably only that you were up in Mackay and I happened to live down here - so just about opportunity. I was nothing special at all - your description is actually pretty spot on of how people would have described me back then - hard working cover defending lock and if you added in punishing defender even at 78kgs - you have it spot on. I could straighten up and bend even the biggest prop forward backwards - all about timing and technique. Lovely to chat with you.

Thanks for the reply - yes the pre Bronco days in the Brisbane comp were great days - every week you played against a State of Origin player or ex Qld player. Plus in those days well I know at Redcliffe in the early 80's we had 3 senior sides plus Under 21 and Under 18 and you would have players like Wally Fullerton Smith etc playing Reserve Grade at times such was the depth and quality of the sides. Redcliffe was a great junior nursery however they took their juniors like me for granted - expected that we would stay and play Reserve Grade while they bought Bryan Neibling, Paul Khan, Shane Berandin, Greg Conescu etc. It was very disheartening. In this day and age - "talented" (as I said I wasn't highly skilled in those days - in later years it was a different story given I learned to kick, put people through holes - goal kick etc) teenagers who play for Qld at Schoolboy or Under 16/18 level are all picked up by an NRL side. In those days though the local Brisbane clubs well certainly Redcliffe who were big spenders would buy high profile players and then just expect quality juniors to sit in Reserve Grade. I refused to do that so I went to Wests. Anyways - great times - great memories. Your memories of your playing days are equally as important and the difference mate is probably only that you were up in Mackay and I happened to live down here - so just about opportunity. I was nothing special at all - your description is actually pretty spot on of how people would have described me back then - hard working cover defending lock and if you added in punishing defender even at 78kgs - you have it spot on. I could straighten up and bend even the biggest prop forward backwards - all about timing and technique. Lovely to chat with you.
I wish we were in an alternate universe where we have a qld conference with all the old clubs and a NSW conference with all the old clubs.

Top 5 from each play an extended nrl final series.

Posted on NRL.com

Hasler to return to Sea Eagles as coach

Author
Margie McDonald Senior Reporter
Timestamp
Mon 22 Oct 2018, 08:49 AM
Manly Sea Eagles prodigal son Des Hasler is returning to the northern beaches club after an absence of seven years.

Manly confirmed to NRL.com that the three-year deal "is likely" to happen on Monday as only "a few tiny details" had to be worked out. The Sea Eagles have a press conference scheduled for 1pm.

The 57-year-old Hasler brought great success to Manly in his previous eight-year reign (2004-2011) including two NRL premierships before he moved to the Bulldogs for the 2012 season.

He made two grand finals (2012, 2014) with the Belmore club before he was sacked in September last year.

After a year out of the limelight and head coaching pressure, Hasler is more than eager to step right back into it.

That will be music to most Manly fans' ears as the club lurched from a regular finals candidate to finish 15th in the 2018 Telstra Premiership race.

The calls have been coming loud and strong from the Sea Eagles faithful that they wanted either Hasler or his successor Geoff Toovey to return.

The elephant in the room is how Manly and current head coach Trent Barrett part ways.

Barrett is on-contract until July next year, after resigning three months ago – there was a 12-month notice clause in his original contract that was due to run until the end of 2020.

Manly does not want to pay Barrett out as they have limited resources at present following a $750,000 fine this year and a $660,000 salary cap penalty over two season (2018-19) for irregular player TPAs (third party agreements). None of the current squad are involved.

NRL.com understands the future of Barrett is not one of the sticking points still to be finalised before Hasler signs.

It's also understood the futures of NRL assistants John Cartwright and Chad Randall are also not holding up Hasler's contract, and that the coach nicknamed "the mad professor" is willing to work with current Sea Eagles staff.

Cartwright and Hasler played five State of Origin games together in the late 1980s-early 1990s and were Australian teammates on the 1990 Kangaroos tour.

But there could be some shuffling. Hasler's long-time head conditioner and trainer Don Singe, who was beside him in the three grand finals Manly made from 2007 to 2011 plus the 2013 decider with Toovey, has told NRL.com of his desire to return to a working partnership with Hasler.

Whoever the final make-up is for the 2019 season, Hasler has his work cut out for him turning around a squad down on confidence, with just seven wins from 24 games this year, and with little money to entice any big-name players.

Then again, Manly had four players in both the Australia-New Zealand and the Australia-Tonga Tests in Daly Cherry-Evans, Martin Taupau, Addin Fonua-Blake and the Trbojevic brothers Jake and Tom.

Tom and Cherry-Evans scored three tries between them – or half the Kangaroos total of six – in the 34-16 win over Mate Ma'a.

2 sugars and milk.jpg

Not mine thanks to a Facebook image

I wish we were in an alternate universe where we have a qld conference with all the old clubs and a NSW conference with all the old clubs.

Top 5 from each play an extended nrl final series.
Be interesting hey. Redcliffe are still doing well and the Wests Panthers are fighting their way back as well. Sad that clubs like Valleys and Brothers went by the wayside even though Valleys is still in the BRL. Who would have thought in 87 when Brothers won that down the track they would be no more.

Be interesting hey. Redcliffe are still doing well and the Wests Panthers are fighting their way back as well. Sad that clubs like Valleys and Brothers went by the wayside even though Valleys is still in the BRL. Who would have thought in 87 when Brothers won that down the track they would be no more.
Broncos sucked the life out of real clubs both sides of the border.

The one city team upset the balance forever.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12