It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters
Thanks Des - nice reminiscing. Who was the backrower that you are talking about? I have a million programs and articles from my career. I was not one to accept being stuffed around so I spent a number of years playing Public Service League where I was Qld Capt and an Aust Rep then went out to Roma where I was Capt of the South West Qld side at one stage and kept playing sub districts down here till I was 43! I even played Masters last year at 54 and was dishing out shots lol. But the mind now thinks the body can still do all the things it used to be able to do. I am probably even fitter than I was then - I work out heaps each week BUT the body can't take the punishment it used to so dishing out shots at 54 to 35 year olds really was a flawed strategy for the ongoing health of my body lol. I just pulled out a program from 17 July 1983 and some very very experienced First Graders were in Redcliffe's Reserve Grade side - Bob Jones (ex Easts Sydney AGrade hooker), Richie Poulson, Tony Kajewski, Terry Webb, Tony Obst, Steve Edmonds (ex Cronulla winger) and Wynnum's Reserve Grade side playing Redcliffe had Ray (Tank Duncan) and Campbell Dews. Norm Carr - Wests great was in C Grade!
Actually the Des i was referring to was our recently appointed and hopefully success bound Manly coach and no reference to myself but it was again good to read another interesting post from you . From what you have mentioned about your current fitness level and ongoing footy playing , you could even take up iron man activities but also seriously full credit to your enthusiasm and staying power to still have such a competitive sporting and footy mindset right up to the present time . Maybe you are trying to emulate the Great Cliffy [ only joking ]' but again full credit to you to still stay in such good shape . Nothing wrong with taking it a bit easier however and usually one "s body does send the appropriate messages . The former Redcliffe player who i was referring to and ventured up my way playing footy was a guy named Lance Miller [ maybe it did not co incide with your time at Redcliffe ] Certainly some other interesting names that you mentioned ,Richie Poulson [ who had a couple of seasons at Manly mid eighties or so . Tony Obst [ he was one tough dude ] That was Campbell ' Zulu ' Dews who played in that Brisbane Norths premiership side [ 1980 ] with Mark Graham i presume . Remember the other names also and yes the great Norm Carr , i wonder if he would have made it in the then Sydney comp . Cheers .

Actually the Des i was referring to was our recently appointed and hopefully success bound Manly coach and no reference to myself but it was again good to read another interesting post from you . From what you have mentioned about your current fitness level and ongoing footy playing , you could even take up iron man activities but also seriously full credit to your enthusiasm and staying power to still have such a competitive sporting and footy mindset right up to the present time . Maybe you are trying to emulate the Great Cliffy [ only joking ]' but again full credit to you to still stay in such good shape . Nothing wrong with taking it a bit easier however and usually one "s body does send the appropriate messages . The former Redcliffe player who i was referring to and ventured up my way playing footy was a guy named Lance Miller [ maybe it did not co incide with your time at Redcliffe ] Certainly some other interesting names that you mentioned ,Richie Poulson [ who had a couple of seasons at Manly mid eighties or so . Tony Obst [ he was one tough dude ] That was Campbell ' Zulu ' Dews who played in that Brisbane Norths premiership side [ 1980 ] with Mark Graham i presume . Remember the other names also and yes the great Norm Carr , i wonder if he would have made it in the then Sydney comp . Cheers .
Sorry mate re the Des - my apologies. No chance of any stupid iron man - my mind is weak when it comes to long drawn out things like that lol. Yes Lance Milky Miller - remember him well - a scallywag lower grade player - life of the party. And yes mate many many of those named above would have made it in Sydney - certainly Obst and Carr I would think.

:think: So why are the duplicates still here

I meant to type 'Controls' its at the bottom left of each post.
Note, you don't have to type a reason for deleting a post, but feel free to bag NBN :p
How "s that, also have to take into account that we are an hour behind with day light saving in Qld now [ delayed up take ] . Only joking but certainly don 't mind doing what i am told and to oblige when it makes sense .

20181023_142350.jpg
20181023_142350.jpg
20181023_142350.jpg

Amazing record. Not quite Bellamy win percentage, but then Bellamy has always had help.I suspect its not far from Bennett

Thank F@@k for that.
Juts got back from leave and good to see us moving forward
I trust this was Mark's original rumour?

No mate, Marks original "secret" rumour at the time was Cleary, which was before the members council and catalyst for change.

Now this thread has finally been put to bed (Surely!), bit of mumble, but mumble worth reading :giggle: Maybe not from the start though, that would no joke be like reading a book with a bipolar author who changes his mind constantly, is happy, then worried, then goes off rambling about random topics just to get it over the 200 page mark

A rollercoaster

The ride has only just begun

@PhilGould15
Without doubt one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever witnessed. Chris O’Keefe marries Yvonne Sampson. Glorious venue. Great night. Great people. Wonderful occasion and celebration. Wishing newlyweds Mr & Mrs O’Keefe many, many years of happiness.
----
Could this be why @Mark from Brisbane has left the ST Building in the most positive newsweek in 3 years :rolleyes:

@PhilGould15
Without doubt one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever witnessed. Chris O’Keefe marries Yvonne Sampson. Glorious venue. Great night. Great people. Wonderful occasion and celebration. Wishing newlyweds Mr & Mrs O’Keefe many, many years of happiness.
----
Could this be why @Mark from Brisbane has left the ST Building in the most positive newsweek in 3 years :rolleyes:

what happened to the referees boss?:D

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8