It was Des all along coaching thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Who do you think will be coaching us next year?

• Total voters

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
Love your attitude feathered friend @Zimbalist . This forum is made up of lots of unique passionate Manly characters that stir emotion on here and keeps the forum always interesting . Never a dull moment on the Silvertails footy show forum .
Keep up with your great posts
And the hippies and happy clappers are still around..

Harvies elbow

I'm a country member....... " Yes we remember "
2017 Tipping Competitor
I'd have Hasler back at a pinch..........just keep him away from salary negotiations, Ballin as Head Conditioner / Trainer, Cartwright & Randall stay as assistants with Spudl, Beaver & Napper as 'advisors' for the forwards & backs. They'd definitely instill the Manly culture into the players....Manly even with the current players on the books make the top 4!!!!!!!!! From most games televised this year involving Manly, Cartwright was the one that showed the most emotion & disappointment during both wins & losses.........i think he'd learn a lot from Desmond & deserves to stay to show what he can provide.
Chuck Tooves in as head of football and utopia...

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Time for bed you drone, every time I check in, you are bagging the clubs owners and pontificating.
Go and feed the seagulls ya bum

Don't get so testy .... if you keep trying hard you will eventually get something right ....

Sorry if you believe the club owners are above reproach ..... I think they are a tragedy of almost bibllical proportions ....... it has taken me 10 years of supporting and waiting and hoping these clowns would change .... daily I am treated to evidence that is unlikely ....

manly al

First Grader
Chuck Tooves in as head of football and utopia...
Definitely a worthwhile and very up side suggestion . Should have no problem working with Gorman on a totally professional and productive level . Would be fully committed to the club:s best interests. Probably most likely won "t happen but no harm in promoting a pretty useful proposition .

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Don't get so testy .... if you keep trying hard you will eventually get something right ....

Sorry if you believe the club owners are above reproach ..... I think they are a tragedy of almost bibllical proportions ....... it has taken me 10 years of supporting and waiting and hoping these clowns would change .... daily I am treated to evidence that is unlikely ....
Maybe edit the word Biblical out, that could offend some!!

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m confused now.

I think it’s time we were allocated monikers.

I think I’m a Numbnut, but maybe I’m a Punchie but then again I know I’m a Daytime Dribbler but am I part of the PPC.

We ALL need clarification??

Ryan

Journey Man
Doesn’t like me or my attitudes at all, but such is life!!
All that matters is that I love you mate :talking:

For the record, with Maguire and any other first grade quality coach unavailable, if I were Penn, I'd go with the below:

Head Coach: Des Hasler
Assistant Coach: Geoff Toovey
Assistant Coach: Chad Randall
Fitness Coaches: Don Singe / Matt Ballin
Recruitment / List Manager: NEW (Cleal?)

* Matt Ballin / Don Singe should immediately be in contact with our players who are all in party mode to get in Tip Top shape.

* Hasler contacts everyone (Cleary style) and demands an, "are you on the bus, or do you want a release / out" commitment from every player.

* Penn pays out: Barrett, Cartwright, Ferris. This proves money isn't as important as culture.

* Gorman stops with the strategic signing announcements, announces all the signings, upgrades, releases

* Full presser is held, showing complete solidarity, top to bottom re-affirming our culture is returning, and losing is not acceptable at any level. Also introduces our recruitment / list person who will manage our cap like The Roosters presently do (so Des can focus on just the ON field stuff).

* They THEN ask for fans / members to get on board and renew given all the focus on moving forward, winning and culture. Everyone would get on board.

It would be back to BAU. I'd expect us in the top 4. The players would have a system shock, because they'd be expected to work (Suli may even put down his bong). Good times would be back.

I should be damned CEO. All changes above can occur with dedication, money, swallowing pride, and a can do attitude.

That being said, Penn is our owner, so expect most of the above to not happen, and for us to continue to look like SeaGulls instead of SeaEagles.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is anyone holding out hope that it'll be anyone other than Cartwright at this stage ?? Maguire seemed like he was the only other serious option and that has now passed by the wayside. Tooves and Des will require some pretty hasty bridge repairs if they are going to come into the mix at the 11th hour. I think Henry was in the mix early and that may have been a reason Elgey was signed ?? but if you believe the rumours than that was met with some resistance from within the playing group and the chase for Madge commenced

@Mark from Brisbane - can you let on whether your pleasant surprise was coach related and whether that surprise is still in the mix or not ??

If I was a betting man (which I am) I'd be taking the short odds on it being Cartwright. Unless they are prepared to pay out Barrett than we have very little option I feel. Preseason starts in less than a month.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is anyone holding out hope that it'll be anyone other than Cartwright at this stage ?? Maguire seemed like he was the only other serious option and that has now passed by the wayside. Tooves and Des will require some pretty hasty bridge repairs if they are going to come into the mix at the 11th hour. I think Henry was in the mix early and that may have been a reason Elgey was signed ?? but if you believe the rumours than that was met with some resistance from within the playing group and the chase for Madge commenced

@Mark from Brisbane - can you let on whether your pleasant surprise was coach related and whether that surprise is still in the mix or not ??

If I was a betting man (which I am) I'd be taking the short odds on it being Cartwright. Unless they are prepared to pay out Barrett than we have very little option I feel. Preseason starts in less than a month.

I guess until all the coaching appointments are announced we won’t really know.

But I’m sure we have been talking with all the contenders.

I think a lot will depend on what happens elsewhere, in my opinion Maguire could in fact come back into contention as he may well be left out!!

Ryan

Journey Man
All it would take is Penn to get on the phone, and say to Michael Maguire, "you're right mate, we'll give you exactly what you need".

Rusty did it with Siebold and his support staff - see immediate results.
Politis does it with his Chooks - see immediate results.

Money isn't the concern. Culture and winning is .

Stop making excuses, just ****ing get it done Penn, you bum.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
I’m confused now.

I think I’m a Numbnut, but maybe I’m a Punchie but then again I know I’m a Daytime Dribbler but am I part of the PPC.

Mark, this is where even good men can underestimate themselves ..... we all have the capacity to be all things ..... in one post it is possible to be a numb-nut ... in another you may be a salad dodger ..... in another a Punchie or a dribbler ... no one should be forced to limit themselves to one persona .....

I am certain that the god botherers and the German speaking mullet wearers, unlike the selfie takers are capable of rational thought and insightful comment on occassions ...

My stance is to strive to be all things .... just not simultaneously ..... therein lies the PPC ....

manly al

First Grader
I’m confused now.

Better refer this to the club"s list manager . No Wait , hang on

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14