It's 2008 All Over Again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
yes they are the benchmark. but I think every game the Dragqueens play is going to be super tough. Every opposing team steps up agianst the premiers. This is where injuries and burnout can occur for the Steelers.

It only takes one team to knock them off (they are still perrenial chokers, some Benji, Billy Slutter or Matty Bowen brilliance can foil them) in the semis then the comp is wide open and for the taking.

I honestly think we are 1 year away from a premiership....hope to be proven wrong!

Whilst on the subject of St Choke, let's look at their semi finals last season. They beat our reserve grade team, got lucky, and I mean lucky against the Tigers and came up against probably the weakest other genuine contender in the GF.

I have no doubt this season will be different.

Brookvale said:
yes they are the benchmark. but I think every game the Dragqueens play is going to be super tough. Every opposing team steps up agianst the premiers. This is where injuries and burnout can occur for the Steelers.

It only takes one team to knock them off (they are still perrenial chokers, some Benji, Billy Slutter or Matty Bowen brilliance can foil them) in the semis then the comp is wide open and for the taking.

I honestly think we are 1 year away from a premiership....hope to be proven wrong!

I'd agree IMO (very humble as it is) 2012 is a better chance for us, if we get there in 2011 I'll be over the moon BUT my expectations are lower than that.

This year is more 2007 than 2008. We have an overachieving team that will be title contenders in the next couple of years with another purchase or two & more game time together.

I don't think we'll win this year, frog in a blenders chance of getting it. We are in a great position to Steven Bradbury the comp however, that'd be fantastic to see.

Aahh 08 what a great year. After being at the 07 gf returning for the 08 gf was oh so sweet. Will never forget that day. Here's to cheering the boys on in the 2011 gf

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2