Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Took about 3 minutes for Arthur to justify his selection ahead of Schu. He played well, just doing the basics. Could well feature in our top 17 next year, not sure exactly where though.

Seibold's comment after the game was telling, and an obvious cutting reference to Schu -

"Effort was really high and he played with the mentality we want here at Manly,” he said. “He competed really strongly.”

Took about 3 minutes for Arthur to justify his selection ahead of Schu. He played well, just doing the basics. Could well feature in our top 17 next year, not sure exactly where though.

Seibold's comment after the game was telling, and an obvious cutting reference to Schu -

"Effort was really high and he played with the mentality we want here at Manly,” he said. “He competed really strongly.”
He had a few errors but i loved his inclusion. Even his miss on DWZ he got up and had another effort. His kick chase last week was also all turning back the manly clock

watching him last night was a highlight for this manly fan. Brad arthur the gift that keeps giving

Not too sure how much more upside they will be with Brad .
Certainly a good and competitive attitude and not a bad range of ability and skills
Not too sure how he may be able to figure in the future mix however
Really need or presently looks like needing a bit more sharper play and service at different stages in the 9 area , so maybe some limited scope for a bench spot ,
Would not think ready for a 13 role, primarily a half "s role and again a bit problematic for a bench spot with the side at full strength going forward .
Anyway obviously not taking up a significant cap amount , need a reasonable level of depth options and good to have him in the ranks for that reason alone

I liked his pass selection to get us outside the defence during yardage sets. He put his body on the line and played a controlled game. He has a good temperament. I was vehemently against his signing but he is winning me over with performances like last night.
Gees, and we could have had Kyle Flannagan

Not too sure how much more upside they will be with Brad .
Certainly a good and competitive attitude and not a bad range of ability and skills
Not too sure how he may be able to figure in the future mix however
Really need or presently looks like needing a bit more sharper play and service at different stages in the 9 area , so maybe some limited scope for a bench spot ,
Would not think ready for a 13 role, primarily a half "s role and again a bit problematic for a bench spot with the side at full strength going forward .
Anyway obviously not taking up a significant cap amount , need a reasonable level of depth options and good to have him in the ranks for that reason alone

Could be a Sironen type where starts his career in the halves but then finds himself in the backrow somewhere when he fills out in about 2-3 years time.
A very good defender despite getting bumped last night but think he could eventually handle the forwards.
Ball playing lock for mine.

Could be a Sironen type where starts his career in the halves but then finds himself in the backrow somewhere when he fills out in about 2-3 years time.
A very good defender despite getting bumped last night but think he could eventually handle the forwards.
Ball playing lock for mine.
Looks like Jacob has got a good deceptive and late step just as he gets to the line .
Could be a real asset going forward and if can gain a bit more size and experience .
Could have potential to develop into a capable 13 , not too sure as a 6 but in the short term , could be quite handy on the bench behind D C E and Brooks . Also again maybe need a competitive and sharper delivery and ruck mover type back up 9 there as well
Then a couple of bigger bodies needed there asl well .
Work in progress , looks like in a positive sense only some improvement in his overall game and input all going well for him

Looks like Jacob has got a good deceptive and late step just as he gets to the line .
Could be a real asset going forward and if can gain a bit more size and experience .
Could have potential to develop into a capable 13 , not too sure as a 6 but in the short term , could be quite handy on the bench behind D C E and Brooks . Also again maybe need a competitive and sharper delivery and ruck mover type back up 9 there as well
Work in progress , looks like in a positive sense only some improvement in his overall game and input all going well for him
Certainly offers more than Schuster sadly, love Arthurs quick passes to DCE to get Saab that extra space on his opposite winger. No doubt we'll be harvesting this play a lot against the hapless Doggies.

I really like him as a potential thirteen Al.

Apart from his one bad miss that led to a Warriors try, his defence is solid. Jake is also tall for a half and I imagine he will pack on a few kilos in the off season.

Yeah I like him and I could see him as our bench utility next year with another off season in the gym. He's not perfect but he has some enthusiasm and line speed and wants to make a difference and compete. Next year we'll find out If he's got what it takes I reckon. He's something to work with anyway.

Yeah I like him and I could see him as our bench utility next year with another off season in the gym. He's not perfect but he has some enthusiasm and line speed and wants to make a difference and compete. Next year we'll find out If he's got what it takes I reckon. He's something to work with anyway.
Has got a bit of the white line fever in him as well, which I like in these sort of players like Arthur.

He got involved & tried hard, but he's light & a gangly & that will get spotted by opposition easily.
It will be interesting to see if he stays at Manly & what position he'll end up playing?

Missed 2 tackles miserably that led to tries....I will always forgive a young kid having a go and coming up with a couple of mistakes, but I won't hold them up as having a great game just to justify the narrative that he's great and Shuster's ****.

One thing I think we can be proud of is that I think we have pretty much rebuilt this young fellow after the Parramatta "system" almost broke him. Said "system" mostly comprising of:

1. Drinking litres of the Kool-Aid on or about March 25 each year when the Daily Terror runs its annual double page spread on how awesome Parramatta is and this is dead-set cert their year;
2. Lecture tours on the topic of FIGJAM;
3. Waving your hands about like you are conducting the Sydney Symphony every time something goes wrong on field.

Now we just need to prove the system again by getting Schuster to be right!

Parra fan random here (member because my brother is a Manly fan)

In my opinion, Jake is a great signing for you guys

I'm p!seed he is going, but at the same time, it is probably something he needs to do

Parra fans who criticise him aren't really being fair. They expect him to step in for Moses and do the same job, which isn't realistic

When he first filled in years ago, he was targeted and took a battering

He has improved since then and gotten a little thicker

The thing I can see in him, is that he has really good instincts on when to run the ball, which can't really be taught

If he gets even a sniff of a gap at the line, he isn't afraid to try poke his nose through

Papalli'i barely held on to him at the try line a few weeks ago, and that is with him as a young skinny bloke

When he develops this a little more, he's going to be dangerous at the line, keeping the defense in two minds

You'll also notice that he is always there backing up his runners. Which is how he scored in the grand final

If there is a break, you can almost guarantee he will be coming through in support

I rate him, because I think all of the areas that he may be considered green in, are things which can be taught

The things that can't be taught, and the work ethic that goes along with it, he has

I'm not happy, we let go of him

But I'll honestly be happy to cheer Manly on, for giving him the chance he needs

My prediction is, he is a player that's going to keep getting better every year, because he works his a$$ off

And I think Manly have picked him up at the perfect time

I hope he has a blinder for you guys this week

I generally support Manly in any game where they aren't playing Parramatta. But with him playing, I'll honestly be rooting for you guys this week

All the best

Random Darwin Eels Fan

Exactly what I said in this last post, you saw in the Warriors game

Everything Jake lacks in can be taught. The things that can't be taught, he has

He will be a player that gets better and better every year

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10