Jake Arthur

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sea Eagles extend Jake Arthur to end of 2025​

AuthorWayne CousinsTimestampThu 21 Sep 2023, 11:19 AM

Share on social media​

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have extended the contract of five-eighth Jake Arthur until the end of 2025.
Arthur proved to be a strong buy for the Sea Eagles after leaving the Parramatta Eels in May.
The 20-year-old played six games for the Sea Eagles after making his club debut against the Newcastle Knights in round 13. He played the last three games at five-eighth.
72959912_arthurj-_230901_gp01320_202391203710.jpg

Manly Coach Anthony Seibold said Arthur made the most of his opportunities.
“We have been very impressed with how Jake has immersed himself into our club with his work ethic and attitude to getting better,’’ Seibold said.
“Jake shows the 'Manly Mentality' everyday he comes into the building. He finished the season very strongly in first grade in the number six jersey.
“He has the ability to play in the halves at NRL level and gives us depth and competition for spots in that position, but we also feel he has some versatility in his game that would enable him to play in the forwards as a ball playing utility.”

Hmmmm:

“He has the ability to play in the halves at NRL level and gives us depth and competition for spots in that position, but we also feel he has some versatility in his game that would enable him to play in the forwards as a ball playing utility.”

I love Jake, he does everything at 110% speed and tenacity.

But this leaves a lot of questions.
1. Does that mean GCKT is spending another year developing?
2. Does this mean Lachy Croker might be off to greener pastures?
3. Does this mean we keep both Hookers, and play Arthur in the 17 jersey?
4. Does this mean Jake T moves to prop, and Jake A moves to Lock?

Either way, fantastic headache to have !

Hmmmm:

Starting to build some quality depth, good to see

Hmmmm:

I think the 4th option is the most likely to happen. Allows us to keep Crokes at hooker and have GCKT as our 14. Jake isn’t anywhere near the player he used to be and definitely not a modern day lock. More of a 60 minute prop these days. Arthur is going to prove to be a great signing imo, and very deserving of an extension after what he showed at the back end of this year.

I reckon an off-season hitting the weights to fill out his frame, season 2024 as 5/8th injury back up & DCE SOO back up, another offseason on the weights & he’s our starting lock in 2025.

It would be great if he could fill out enough in this off-season to start next year though!

I reckon an off-season hitting the weights to fill out his frame,
I think we should all hit the weights in the off season
We will turn out to be the most formidable looking forum feathered friends

Common every one
Lets take the off season weights challenge
With resistance training anyone can make a healthier body change at any age
The only thing that is holding us back is our excuses
Lets make a effort and a difference in the off season
Lets Commit to the task and look terrific

We always find a way when we become Committed !!!
1695268420650.png

I reckon an off-season hitting the weights to fill out his frame, season 2024 as 5/8th injury back up & DCE SOO back up, another offseason on the weights & he’s our starting lock in 2025.

It would be great if he could fill out enough in this off-season to start next year though!
Could fill the role like Walker as a 14. Would give us a 4th kicking option with DCE, Brookes and Croker.

If he is able to bulk up significantly he could become the next Yeo.

If we could make a squad work that includes Tommy, Schuster, Brooks, DCE, Arthur, Croker and GCKT we will have an embarrassment of riches in the playmaking stakes and 5 kicking options. Need the right kind of forwards to make this work but if it does it'll be great to watch.

Could fill the role like Walker as a 14. Would give us a 4th kicking option with DCE, Brookes and Croker.
I remember hating Manly in the early to mid 90's, because we had so much bloody skill across the park. Hasler, Toovey, Lyons, Sedaris, Ridge - ridiculous class there. Jeez , even Nik Kosef could ball play.

If you could somehow emulate that in a modern way, that could work, - lookout !

I'm so excited for next season mannnnn.

Sea Eagles extend Jake Arthur to end of 2025​

AuthorWayne CousinsTimestampThu 21 Sep 2023, 11:19 AM

Share on social media​

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have extended the contract of five-eighth Jake Arthur until the end of 2025.
Arthur proved to be a strong buy for the Sea Eagles after leaving the Parramatta Eels in May.
The 20-year-old played six games for the Sea Eagles after making his club debut against the Newcastle Knights in round 13. He played the last three games at five-eighth.
72959912_arthurj-_230901_gp01320_202391203710.jpg

Manly Coach Anthony Seibold said Arthur made the most of his opportunities.
“We have been very impressed with how Jake has immersed himself into our club with his work ethic and attitude to getting better,’’ Seibold said.
“Jake shows the 'Manly Mentality' everyday he comes into the building. He finished the season very strongly in first grade in the number six jersey.
Love Jake, great cover for any injuries in the half's and over the Origin period. His last two games were outstanding, his passing and kicks were pinpoint and has energy to burn.

Love Jake, great cover for any injuries in the half's and over the Origin period. His last two games were outstanding, his passing and kicks were pinpoint and has energy to burn.
One thing I noticed late in the season was the way DCE embraced Jake A

I get the feeling he is incredibly dedicated to becoming the best he can be and soaks up anything he is told by the senior players. Definitely the quickest way to get in the skippers good graces. Schu could take notes.

Could be a case of hard work beating talent when talent doesn't work hard.

One thing I noticed late in the season was the way DCE embraced Jake A

I get the feeling he is incredibly dedicated to becoming the best he can be and soaks up anything he is told by the senior players. Definitely the quickest way to get in the skippers good graces. Schu could take notes.

Could be a case of hard work beating talent when talent doesn't work hard.
Truely nailed it on your last paragraph..

This Manly Mentality talk I find is bit over the top, Seibold should get stick to basics
NOTHING WRONG with that, its EXACTLY what we have been missing, and Seibs has done his homework, he's been watching the tapes from our successful years and he knows what Manly RL DNA has always been ... HARD as f$%K take no S#*T and WIN at ALL COST, that takes 110% effort and playing for your team mate.

He wants this back as he knows with that spirit we win more times than we loose and his job is secure in the process.

Im 100% behind him if thats his ethos, NO coincidence we are letting a lot of " deadwood" move on.

I know BOZO isnt onboard with Seibs and Mestrov and the only way to get people like him onboard is to have the team show that "Manly Mentality".... Just ask Bozo..hehe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8