Jamie Lyon legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A deadset legend.

The whole house cheers for Killer,we love him up here.Been privileged to have met him a couple of times and he's a credit to himself,the club and the game.

Masked Eagle said:
I'm struggling to think of a centre in the last 30 years who is consistently able to have an influence on the outcome of games as he does. Sure some centres might have scored more tries, but in terms of the overall package he is just all class on both sides of the ball. I think he's done enough to knock Snoz out of our greatest ever team.

Fittler and Daley were both game breakers when playing in the centres. Lyon doesn't look out of place next to them in terms of value and influence.

Yes, in the 3-2-1 for the roosters game, I gave Killer a 3
He would have to be the most important player in our team in 2012, ahead of Gift.

And the beautiful thing is he seems to be still really enjoying playing the game. He looks to be adding new skills to his game each year. And he leads from the front and sets a fantastic example for the rest of the team. He has my vote as one of Manly's most influential players and one we cannot do without.

The best part is he loves playing for Manly. When he does move on it will leave a massive void in our lineup and i would think we may not see a better centre playing for us for a long time. He is a deadset Champion!!

Jamie always looks to me to be 'viewing' the game that he is actually in.
Last week's anticipation of the Roosters' pass clearly exemplified this.:cool:

He is without doubt the most valuable Player in the Manly side.

The rudder that steers our (premier)ship :angel:

Ralphie said:
The truth is that if Jamie had played all representative games he should have he would eventually be an immortal.

Without more representative honours he will sadly miss out on that honour.

Jamie won't be too sad about that himself, he has his priorities and I admire him for that. He will be acknowledged as one of the greats regardless of that.

In today's RLw there's is a story on Jamie called 'Life Sentence' in which he tells how he wants to stay another two years after his contract expires at the end of 2013. He wants to finish his career at Manly. Good stuff.

Still remember before he signed with Manly he was at Brookie in the grandstands & a fan stuck a Seaeagles jersey up in front of him & he had a massive smile as the fans cheered.
I was even excited at that time knowing he would be a great signing - certainly lived up to expectation.
Thing I like is Jamie loves the place & with a man of high morals, will perform best under those circumstances, as he does.

Rex said:
Frank said:
TWO DOGS said:
If Meninga is being mentioned as a possible immortal, Lyon would have to be a chance. Lyon is a far better player than Meninga.

I shake my head every time Meninga's name is raised in relation to becoming an immortal. He was basically a big mother who could break the line.

If that is all you need to do then T-Rex will be an immortal by the end of the season. He'll also be a dog.
If that bitter turncoat Mal "what has Rugby League ever given me" Meninga was ever seriously considered for immortal status, then all credibility of the title would disappear in an instant.

Couldn't agree more Rex

bones said:
In today's RLw there's is a story on Jamie called 'Life Sentence' in which he tells how he wants to stay another two years after his contract expires at the end of 2013. He wants to finish his career at Manly. Good stuff.

Great news to hear after all the talk was either retirement or back to St Helens after his contract was finishing in 2013.

Unfortunately Jamie won't get the Career recognition he deserves when he retires except from Manly fans due to his stance on Rep Footy and going to England early in his career. He definitely would make a all time Manly team when the next one is named. A few from our current team will be close to making it I would think

Andrew Johns, Cliff Lyons, Jamie Lyon = The most naturally talented Rugby League players i have seen in 20 years watching the game.

Lyon is absolutely amazing. He stood up Matt King(who isn't as good as he was but still a former Roo) like he was a 10 year old then sucked the winger in finishd off with a perfect timed flick to Wolfman. And made it look easy.

Then there is his defence. Rarely misses. A true Manly great. I'll cry when he retires.

The thread title says it all really.
There was a couple of crucial hit ups in quick succession from our end tonight in the 2nd half that highlighted his leadership qualities and team ethic + it's a joy to have a centre with his kicking game.
A leader by example of the highest quality.

Sorry to put a downer on this topic, but, would like to see him take a more diplomatic role with the refs. If we are looked upon as a team that has a healthy respect of the officialdom, not that they deserve it, i can see it having an impact on our season. ( and in saying that, i hate to say it, but, the refereeing is going to have a huge play in who wins the competition this year. These blunderers are inept at best.)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4