Jamie Lyon legend

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Natural talent wise, Lyon is up there with joey. Deadset freak. To stand up defenders the way he does in the modern game abd the way its played is phenomenal. And the man's in his 30s!!

MANLY4LIFE said:
It's got to be frustrating though mate we as fans see what's going on imagine how the boys out there on the field feel

First, let me start by saying that i whole heartedly agree with what you are saying.
When Kingy deals with the men in pink he does it in a very level headed and composed manner. jamie on the other hand, seems to be in their complaining about getting the rough end of the stick. IMO Kingy's approach will always win out.

What was so impressive from last night, is Matt King is a very good defensive centre. His defence is the reason why McGuire wanted him in the first place. He was made to look amateurish last night.
King's just not going to enjoy the rabbits video session on Tuesday at all.:s

Killer is the most consistently brilliant centre i've ever seen.The blokes a very rare talent.

Would be in my top ten all time greats

Nthn NSW said:
Killer is the most consistently brilliant centre i've ever seen.The blokes a very rare talent.

Would be in my top ten all time greats

Yep, it's hard to name anyone who was or is better than Jamie.
He's always been one of my favourite players - even when he was playing at Parramatta (remember what he did to Brett in his debut game?) he was an absolute joy to watch. I know BK was a great buy for us, but Jamie's had more of an impact on this team than any one player I can remember.

Napper said:
Andrew Johns, Cliff Lyons, Jamie Lyon = The most naturally talented Rugby League players i have seen in 20 years watching the game.

Lyon is absolutely amazing. He stood up Matt King(who isn't as good as he was but still a former Roo) like he was a 10 year old then sucked the winger in finishd off with a perfect timed flick to Wolfman. And made it look easy.

Then there is his defoence. Rarely misses. A true Manly great. I'll cry when he retires.
Im wth you Napper, ill be bawling my eyes out when he leaves us!!

Rex said:
If that bitter turncoat Mal "what has Rugby League ever given me" Meninga was ever seriously considered for immortal status, then all credibility of the title would disappear in an instant.

Absolutely Rex. It still bugs my wife to this day that statement from Mal.

As a quiet natured bloke, Jamie will never get the recognition that he deserves. And you feel like that doesn't matter at all to him. I love that about him. An unassuming guy.

Without a doubt our most important signing of the 2000's. I will never forget what he has given to this club. If he wants two more years give it to him! He doesn't look like slowing down one bit.

Joey summed it up last night when Jamie put a kick in that went into touch, saying how he made that kick like a half back that had been doing it for 7 years. Talented player with a lot to give.

He also said that he thought Lyon could go on for three or four more seasons. Let's hope so.

I said (not for the first time) in another thread that I thought Lyon had surpassed M. O'Connor (sorry Snoz) as a member of the greatest Manly side. I think if Kitey gets another opportunity in a GF, and plays like he has been recently, he will be pushing J. O'Neill for his spot.

Roy Bull's spot remains sacrosanct.

Kite is definitely on fire this year. I was sceptical about him but he has proved me wrong.

When he was signed his first season or 2 were not spectacular in attack but he was worth his money in defence alone.

Look at him now. Used to hate the dribble directed at him in his first 2 years.

At least somebody else remembers all that stuff Napper.

"Over rated" "Overpaid" "Waste of money" "Fat" "Piece of ****" etc, used to make me sick reading it !!

He probably just has Albert Torrens covered for a spot in our greatest side these days

Kiwi Eagle said:
At least somebody else remembers all that stuff Napper.

"Over rated" "Overpaid" "Waste of money" "Fat" "Piece of s**t" etc, used to make me sick reading it !!

He probably just has Albert Torrens covered for a spot in our greatest side these days

Mate i'm critical of players. I do think Kite was off for the first 10 games this season but i'm glad i have egg all over my face. T-rex has been VERY disinterested but i still want to see him there every week.

The **** Rose, Taufua cop is very harsh and as you said reading that **** about Lyon amazed me. He's always been class. Took him a year or so to get with the speed back in the NRL in attack but now look. Best center in the game by a MASSIVE margin. If Hodges or Inglis are 90/100, Lyon is 200. He is THAT good.

And Matai too. Remember "Ashley Alberts is a much better option than Matai" PMSL!! Matai is probably the second best center in the comp. The Irony.

Hopefully the naysayers are out in force when Gutherson and co. make their debuts.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6