Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
There is a forum user that been online today checking this all out. His user name is Titanic Killer.

Now thats gotta be either Clive Palmer or just another Titans fan misguidedly trying to gloat & celebrate way to early.

Jatz Crackers said:
There is a forum user that been online today checking this all out. His user name is Titanic Killer.

Now thats gotta be either Clive Palmer or just another Titans fan misguidedly trying to gloat & celebrate way to early.

God help the Titans if Clive gets involved. He'll have dinosaurs sitting in the stands. Then again at least someone will have found a use for Roy Masters and Warren Ryan.

What this has done is underline that Lyon will not be here forever, probably not that long as he is not the type of person to drag his career out. Some of our forwards are aging such as Joe G and while we have some fresh faces this year it will always be a battle to have the right mix of players when every other club wants our sucess and they want our players to give it to them.
MANLY TO WIN IN 2013

MWSE said:
The Titans CEO (or some one claiming to be) wrote this on their fan forum:

"Rothfield's article and subsequent amendment has the story right.

It's a long story and one I probably shouldn't share in public. But manly were asked for a release after we agreed terms with Jamie's agent yesterday.

Dissapointing but good to be able to attract players of his quality to the club. And to have agreed terms. But it wasn't to be despite two weeks of discussion.

Anything else reported or quoted about this is untrue.

Onwards and upwards."

Clutching at straws David? Another failed attempted acquisition? Better go pay some of those bills pal.

The guy is in a fantasy world. "Attracting players to the club" means actually getting them to go there, not shooting the breeze with player managers. This sort of thing would happen all the time in all clubs behind the scenes - potential trades, moving players on, putting out feelers. The difference here is that their CEO hangs out in fan forums discussing matters & goes off half cocked.

We may be in the process of extending, but speed it up FFs Jamie is one of the best players in the world and is in his prime. I would lose every player on our team before him.

Great news that Killer is staying put.

Now we can all get back to enjoying the cricket (yawn) and tiddlywinks in the off-season....

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Shoe1 said:
MWSE said:

It's a long story and one I probably shouldn't share in public. But manly were asked for a release after we agreed terms with Jamie's agent yesterday.

Dissapointing but good to be able to attract players of his quality to the club. And to have agreed terms. But it wasn't to be despite two weeks of discussion.

Onwards and upwards."

Clutching at straws David? Another failed attempted acquisition? Better go pay some of those bills pal.

The guy is in a fantasy world. "Attracting players to the club" means actually getting them to go there, not shooting the breeze with player managers. This sort of thing would happen all the time in all clubs behind the scenes - potential trades, moving players on, putting out feelers. The difference here is that their CEO hangs out in fan forums discussing matters & goes off half cocked.

Yeah well said. The guy is obviously a clown. An NRL ceo discussing player negotiations with fans on the internet? Doesn't get much more unprofessional than that!!

Napper said:
Shoe1 said:
MWSE said:

Onwards and upwards."

Yeah well said. The guy is obviously a clown. An NRL ceo discussing player negotiations with fans on the internet? Doesn't get much more unprofessional than that!!

Especially when the negotiations involve a player already contracted to another club.

• 👍
MWSE said:

Onwards and upwards."

Hhahahahahahahahahahaha Titans fan: Hey boss I'm not coming in tomorrow
Boss: Why not
Titans fan: I'm going out to celebrate "nearly" signing A quality player to our club.

How have they missed out? Lyon is contracted to Manly, unless I'm missing something why are the tits whinging about?

Larissa said:
Official Club Statement:

In relation to speculation around Jamie Lyon and his current playing future with the Manly Sea Eagles, Steve Gigg General Manager of Football has confirmed Jamie is contracted until the end of season 2013 and he will not be seeking an early release. “Unbeknown to me, the Sea Eagles then my manager received an unexpected offer for me to join the Gold Coast team immediately. My loyalty and commitment to Manly remains uncompromised and I look forward to season 2013 with the Sea Eagles” says Jamie Lyon.

So if I'm reading the press release correctly, is Killer saying the Titans actually asked Manly first, then his his manager?

If that is to believed the meeting this morning with Manly was probably just the club and his manager notifying him they weren't going to release him, which is definitely a different scenario then what has been reported that he had verbally agreed to terms with the Titans for 4 years and was going to seek a release from the final year of his contract with MWSE.

Sydney Titans Fanatic
Titans First Grader

Membership: LEGION

Should go down to brookvale oval in my titans gear......this from the Titans website pre announcement Jamie is staying...Hahahahaha

So in light of today's events, who of note, is off contract along with killer at the end of the year.. Gonna be a balancing act once again.

I'd be happy for killer to get his big pay day next year if we went out with premiership, fozzy was made captain and we secured may Scott and cleared some other ageing players/dead wood.

• 👍
Jatz Crackers said:
The quoted part seems to be missing a word or two, but the obvious gist of things appears to be that an offer was made by the Titans to J Lyon and that the approach included an offer for 2013, all without Lyon seeking such an offer.

I had the same thought as Garts. Im fairly sure a club who entices a player to break a contract does so in breach of NRL rules.
@[Garts]
@[Jatz Crackers]

Refer: http://www.rugbyleague.com.au/nrl/nrl_code_of_conduct.pdf

Sanctity of Contracts

30. Every Club and person bound by this Code must not do anything that might induce the breach of an NRL Playing Contract, an NRL Short Form Contract or a Playing Agreement.

MWSE said:

If it was right why was it amended? And why was it written by Rothfield?

MWSE said:
It's a long story and one I probably shouldn't share in public.

If you know shouldn't be sharing something it in public then don't.

MWSE said:
But manly were asked for a release after we agreed terms with Jamie's agent yesterday.

This backs up Manly's press release. Jamie never agreed to anything.

MWSE said:
Dissapointing but good to be able to attract players of his quality to the club.

I don't think you actually achieved this champ...

MWSE said:
And to have agreed terms.

or this...

MWSE said:
But it wasn't to be despite two weeks of discussion.

Unfortunately the discussion wasn't with Jamie.

MWSE said:

In that case, I would like to take this opportunity to report that the Titans club and their CEO conducted themselves with absolute professionalism throughout the entire negotiation, and that the Titans have plenty of money and will be around for many years to come.

MWSE said:
Onwards and upwards."

Onwards and up yours loser.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12