Jamie Lyon to the Titans?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I am in the minority but I believe he asked for a release but was denied. Not that I am really fussed as long as he is with us for 2013 and plays well.

Garts said:
I am in the minority but I believe he asked for a release but was denied. Not that I am really fussed as long as he is with us for 2013 and plays well.

I think if he DID ask for a release he would have distanced himself a bit more and the Titans would be doing more not to make themselves look stupid.

There's a very easy way of finding out the truth here. Just read Rothtools column and believe the opposite of what the clown says.

Napper said:
Garts said:

I think if he DID ask for a release he would have distanced himself a bit more and the Titans would be doing more not to make themselves look stupid.

I hope Manly and Lyon's storey is true but at the end of the day I don't really care. Lyon is a legend either way. However, If Lyon did ask for a release Manly or Lyon will not admit to that, it would be a PR disaster. They would come out with a PR spiel like this saying that everything is sweet. I don't care Jamie wrote a letter, I do not automatically believe it is the truth. You watch the Lance Armstrong interview yesterday when it flashed back to his previous interviews etc? The stories of Lyon moving to the Titans were around before Thursday night.

Garts said:
Napper said:
Garts said:

I hope Manly and Lyon's storey is true but at the end of the day I don't really care. Lyon is a legend either way. However, If Lyon did ask for a release Manly or Lyon will not admit to that, it would be a PR disaster. They would come out with a PR spiel like this saying that everything is sweet. I don't care Jamie wrote a letter, I do not automatically believe it is the truth. You watch the Lance Armstrong interview yesterday when it flashed back to his previous interviews etc? The stories of Lyon moving to the Titans were around before Thursday night.

You make a good point but i think if the Titans were sure he was going to or did ask for a release then they would have released a statement to that effect. Instead of just walking away.

Its quite obvious that both Lyon & his manager fielded an offer & the rest of this shameful episode was derived from leaks from within the Titans.

Its quite clear to me that Lyon did not ask for a release and that the Titans have been disengenuous throughout.

And to you Titans Fan, I have a question. You state that you know Lyon asked for a release because you heard it from May himself.

You heard that in person from May or from the May posting on the Titans forum ?

I find it remarkable that a "CEO", if that is him, would post like that on a fan forum.

I am all for open communication but that decision was nothing more than someone's ego running wild - an a perfect way to scare off a potential player

Can you imagine Perry posting a similar thread on here? Just remarkable

For what it's worth moley is adamant on twitter that killer wants out.

It was a massive offer

It's all speculation, only killer and admin know what's really going on, if anything.

Jatz Crackers said:
Its quite obvious that both Lyon & his manager fielded an offer & the rest of this shameful episode was derived from leaks from within the Titans.

Its quite clear to me that Lyon did not ask for a release and that the Titans have been disengenuous throughout.

And to you Titans Fan, I have a question. You state that you know Lyon asked for a release because you heard it from May himself.

You heard that in person from May or from the May posting on the Titans forum ?

I disagree that it is quite clear. Maybe I am too much of a sceptic but I just don't believe much of what is said these days. I must be jaded after the last 12 or so months!!!!!

And yes Isz, the CEO posting on a fan forum giving leaks on potential player signings is just crazy.

lsz said:
I find it remarkable that a "CEO", if that is him, would post like that on a fan forum.

I am all for open communication but that decision was nothing more than someone's ego running wild - an a perfect way to scare off a potential player

Can you imagine Perry posting a similar thread on here? Just remarkable

Couldn't agree more. So unprofessional.

Garts said:
I disagree that it is quite clear. Maybe I am too much of a sceptic but I just don't believe much of what is said these days. I must be jaded after the last 12 or so months!!!!!

And yes Isz, the CEO posting on a fan forum giving leaks on potential player signings is just crazy.

So on one hand we have a stupid CEO who unprofessionally posts on a fan forum, along with a substandard hobo journalist called Rothfield.

On the other we have these direct quotes from Jamie:

"I was never going to the Gold Coast"

"At no stage did I approach titans , meet with anyone from the titans or agree to anything at all with them"

"I never ever asked to be released from manly and never did I intend too"

Thats apart from all the other examples of untruths spread by the Titans & the media during this affair. So it isnt difficult at all to determine whats obvious & clear.

Snap out of that jaded scepticism Garts. The season is fast approaching :)

Jatz Crackers said:
Garts said:

So on one hand we have a stupid CEO who unprofessionally posts on a fan forum, along with a substandard hobo journalist called Rothfield.

On the other we have these direct quotes from Jamie:

"I was never going to the Gold Coast"

"At no stage did I approach titans , meet with anyone from the titans or agree to anything at all with them"

"I never ever asked to be released from manly and never did I intend too"

Thats apart from all the other examples of untruths spread by the Titans & the media during this affair. So it isnt difficult at all to determine whats obvious & clear.

Snap out of that jaded scepticism Garts. The season is fast approaching :)
It's easy to see where garts is coming from. After the 2011 GF the coach told us he wasn't going anywhere. I think there's a few of us who are a bit sceptical after that.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10