Jamil Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Sins of the father .......

Will and Jamil have proven themselves to be two totally different characters. It is also not hard to accept that the younger Hopoate's are as different again.

I will judge/consider each Hopoate, on an individual basis.

I only saw him play one game in the flesh, he looked like a younger version of Anthony Watmough - in absolutely everything. I didn't take note of any penalties or dropped balls though.

If he was anything like he was in 2014 he wouldn't look too out of place in our first grade team... even if we were winning.
Agreed, I hope he can recapture that promising form

So if Will was available tomorrow some here would not take him? Serious.
Moreover don't judge Sione and Albert on the behaviour of other family members. Rather them playing for us than against us and both are very promising.

• 🤝
Reactions: Ben
Apologies if this has already been posted but some Hopate's just don't ever seem to learn. We should have nothing to do with him.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/former-nr...over-supermarket-assault-20160617-gpld0a.html

The suggestion that people dont learn from their mistakes and leopards never lose their spots, is an inaccurate generalisation. Certainly some people get locked into a pattern of behaviour that continues throughout their life. But others as is demonstrated by many in society do learn and do reform for a range of reasons. If you look at footballers, some were virtual delinquents when they were younger but went on to be respected members of their club, even captains. Some even admit in interview that they faced a life of potential criminality but for the opportunities afforded them in football. We all need raison d'etre

People change, but they have to have the right environment, motivation, vested interests to correct their behaviour. Someone like Jamil may fall by the wayside as a lost cause. But he may also find his niche and make a success of himself. Who knows, he may even captain a Manly team or another team in future. But he has to have the opportunities to seek to make those changes. denying him those opportunities is far more likely to send him down the wrong track in life. Labelling is very short term thinking in terms of human behaviour

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6