Jason king gone for the season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'd leave Rose on the bench where he can have more impact. Mauro Robinson & Lussick next cabs off the rank for the starting spot. Or Joe? He plays more like a prop anyway.

Chip and Chase said:
King is no big loss in the scheme of things, there are 5 or 6 players that would derail our title hopes if we lost them....King in current form isn't one of them. We've got adequate replacements.

Who big mouth who??????????????? what happens if another prop goes next week like KITE or JOE..???????????we would be finished......

It does look bad, but a few weeks back big Joe was certain to be out for weeks with a broken hand, then he had scans and it turns out it wasn't broken at all and he played the next weekend.

Basically we can't be sure until he has scans and the extent of the injury is confirmed. He will be a big loss though if the news is as bad as we think..

The finals can't come fast enough for us. I would hate to see our season derailed at this stage because of injuries.

mr seagles said:
Chip and Chase said:
King is no big loss in the scheme of things, there are 5 or 6 players that would derail our title hopes if we lost them....King in current form isn't one of them. We've got adequate replacements.

Who big mouth who??????????????? what happens if another prop goes next week like KITE or JOE..???????????we would be finished......

And if my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle. What happens if the plane crashes on the way to Brisbane, we'd be even more finished. Mauro, Lussick or Robinson will do an adequate enough job to cover King. As it is we virtually carry a spare bench spot as Buhrer only gets about 20 minutes. The loss of King didn't seem to slow us down too much today. We have reasonable enough depth to cover Princess, unlike in other more crucial positions.

In an ideal world we would have no injuries but then Des wouldn't know who to leave out.

Kingy will be back next week. I will be giving his pectoral muscle a complete workout during the week and will be rubbing some of my special cream on his body.

Wolfpack said:
Volley said:
Wolfpack said:
There is a big drop-off in talent from Kingy to first drop (whoever you think it may be, Mauro/Robinson/Lussick/Harold Matts winger) & I doubt they can fill his boots even if he was playing injured.

Luckily it is our second strongest position (after backrow) so we can fill it, but still a big loss nonetheless.

Lol what? Prop's our weakest position at full strength.

Plenty of depth in the backrow and in the outside backs. Not so much up front.

King hasn't been doing much. Bring Lussick in. Give him plenty of game time. It's a loss, but I'd rather lose King than Foran, the Stewart's, DCE, Lyon, Watmough or Ballin.

Not really; Robinson, Mauro, Cunningham, Cross, Lussick can all fill in there. We're not struggling for depth, we're struggling for quality after the first couple. It's not exacty a position of weakness with regards to depth.

King is very underrated on these boards, at least by everyone not called Duff or Kingyfan.

Personally i think he has been hot and cold,still light years ahead of Kite who strangely runs with the impact of a boxkite,but even he himself was better and ran harder today

I was most shocked to see Hotrod involved in a run around play,his 1st pass in maroon and white? (no,thats not mocking him he was easily our best last year)

Tony Tony Tony....how i love the wrecking ball your finally becoming

I wouldnt put Mauro on as a starting Prop,he is a back rower!!! to small

Go Lussick or Cunningham and start with Rose,he was great starting games in Kite/King's absence earlier this year,maybe even Robinson or Harrison (Whichever is the actual Prop)

King is a very serious blow to our title claims, one we may not be capable of overcoming.

I am a firm believer in the age old adage "props win comps".

If Kite or Rose get hurt or suspended we will struggle to win a game against decent opposition.

Des spoke as though there was no hope for King.

As Jamie said "this is a great opportunity for someone", lets hope whoever gets the nod steps up and makes a name for themselves.

We will get some indication this weekend against Parramatta of how the rest of our season will pan out.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
In an ideal world we would have no injuries but then Des wouldn't know who to leave out.

I'm sure he knows who is his top 17, but he hasn't needed to advertise it, fortunately or unfortunately depending on which way you look at it.

King Confirmed out for the season

Manly's worst fears over co-captain Jason King have been confirmed with the prop to miss the rest of the 2011 season with a torn pectoral muscle.

King suffered the injury midway through the first half of Sunday's big win over the Sydney Roosters and scans on Monday revealed a tear.

It's a huge blow for the Sea Eagles, with King one of their most hard-working and consistent forwards all season.

The 30-year-old, who will have surgery this week, is disappointed to miss the club's finals campaign but is confident Manly have the depth to challenge for the premiership.

"It's a tough game and I play up front where injuries can always be just around the corner," King said on Monday.

"But I am part of a team and will remain so. I will be with the team every minute of their finals charge and I am confident in our depth to cover any situation."

"The mix of experience and youth is as good as I can remember at the club and this is a special bunch of mates going in the one direction."

"We can jump any hurdle with the 17 we put on the field each week."

Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler added: "Our club doctor Paul Bloomfield was adamant yesterday that the news was going to be what it is – I feel so sorry for Jason who is a heck of a person and an inspirational co captain of the side."

"He will be missed but I am confident in the players who will now get an opportunity."

Source:http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/king-out-for-season-133085

Only positive is that it has happened far enough out from the semi's so that we can test out Lussick/Robinson/Mauro etc to see who is best gonna fill the hole.

They should all step up big time now they have a real shot at playing in big games whereas previously they would have always been seeing themselves as spares.

Has Cross even been playing lately or is he just a hologram ???

Mauro has done a fair job for us this season so I wouldn't mind him getting 1st crack at it, with Rose moving up to starting and Joe playing more front row minutes

I know a lot will say Mauro offers nothing, but he has been solid imo, doing the same role Bryant did in 2008

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6