Jason king gone for the season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jason King has been fairly consistent across the season so far, so will be a loss despite us having a number of good players who can fill in at Prop such as Nood, Lussick, Mauro and Robinson. TRex is good on the flanks like he was against the Roosters. I think the main issue for Manly, if there is any, might be psychological. Kingy is a long serving and integral part of the team, and he would have been great to have in the finals when there is a lot more pressure on. The players need to still believe in themselves and to keep the defense rock solid.

Kings injury for the team could go either way, it could send us on a downhill spiral, or we could use it as motivation, get the boys fired up to show everyone that we can do it for our captain, and that the young guys that can fill the void can be strong and do the job ! I think youll see a fired up georgey and a fired up forward pack ! Theres still lots of experience there :

Kite
Rose
Galuvou
Watmough
Rodney
Stewart

Then you have young guys:

Buhrer
Trex
Lussick
Robinson
Mauro

Well that's not good at all... He is a massive loss, however I think we can still cover him. Although any more injuries in the front row and we'll be doing it tough.

Cross is apparently retiring at the end of the year. It's a shame we haven't seen him in 1st grade this year, because his experience would be very handy right now.

Phantar said:
Cross is apparently retiring at the end of the year. It's a shame we haven't seen him in 1st grade this year, because his experience would be very handy right now.
There is a reason why he is retiring, and why he's not in first grade. Simply, age has caught up to him.

Any injury update on Jason King? Is he definitely gone for the season?

Smoking Joe has given a few interviews since snapping his Achilles but Kingy has been very quiet :(

He has basically played 2 full seasons out of the last 3. He's had a bad run with injury. How old is he ?? He must be in his 30's now, must be tough backing up after 2 bad injuries.

He is 32

Would love to see him have another full year to finish off, he deserves that. Very under rated on here in regards to what he has done for the club

He'll still be important to us next year if he can get over his injury. You only have to look at the role Ryles has filled at the Storm to see that experience is important in the front row rotation, and we've already lost Kite and Joe.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
He'll still be important to us next year if he can get over his injury. You only have to look at the role Ryles has filled at the Storm to see that experience is important in the front row rotation, and we've already lost Kite and Joe.

You make a good point, but the crucial bit is if he can get over his injury. Ryles actually plays most of the time nowadays. I think he should go to England for one final payday, his salary cap money is being wasted here and we need to use it elsewhere.

We talk about people who are Manly through and through....that's Jason King. I hope he can get over his injuries, because he has been a top player for us for 10 years.

Question for those wanting King to retire

What are you basing this on? Before he was injured his output was as good as any of our front row.

Should we not afford him the opportunity of coming back? Who know how effective he might be

Kiwi Eagle said:
byso said:
I would send him to England. Not up to the riggers of nrl anymore.

Same opinion of Kennedy before he turned up here ?

Spot on Kiwi Eagle, didn't we all think BK was a crock? I know I did. And was he the buy of the century or what?

Killer03 said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
byso said:
I would send him to England. Not up to the riggers of nrl anymore.

Same opinion of Kennedy before he turned up here ?

Spot on Kiwi Eagle, didn't we all think BK was a crock? I know I did. And was he the buy of the century or what?

I thought he was a terrible buy lol, worst call I have ever made

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6